Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

It world ha about time!

She lived for 3000+ years in an all woman society, it us just natural her romantic and carnal interest would be for women and not men.

What really puzzles me is how can't writers and editors see this and show it in the series��
    Not necessarily. What you don't know, you can't miss it. So in the Island it was obvious she was we women (Kasia) but now she has more options. The fact she chose Steve reflect that option, which doesn't mean she is not attracted to women too.
    Note that i don't mind author exploring this part of her sexuality but as a flashback only.
    Last edited by Manakel; 10-22-2019 at 05:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpis View Post
    It world ha about time!

She lived for 3000+ years in an all woman society, it us just natural her romantic and carnal interest would be for women and not men.

What really puzzles me is how can't writers and editors see this and show it in the series��
    Since when is Diana 3000+?

Considering that she's the only child on the Island in most continuities it would make all kinds of sense for her to NOT be involved with any of the Amazons romantically. That's like dating your aunt or older sister.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpis View Post
    Ideas like this are exactly why I'm against it. Wonder Woman was created to tear down stereotypes and preconceived notions.

Fantastic Member

If I can be honest!! I have no interest in reading about WW love interest being a female! I'd rather read about her love interests being Steve or Superman.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Ideas like this are exactly why I'm against it. Wonder Woman was created to tear down stereotypes and preconceived notions.
    I agree with your comments!!

Spectacular Member

Since when is Diana 3000+?
    Since Darkseid War. She and Grail were born the same day and when Grail and her mother (don't remember the name) leave the island they encountered roman soldiers (i think) so maybe not 3000 but ar least 2000 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakel View Post
    Since Darkseid War.
    Ah, one of Johns' "brilliant" ideas.

Spectacular Member

It was a great story. Actually it made me read comics after i dropped n52 (and then read what i missed in n52 to understand where do the character come from)

I don't even care if she dates something thats not/doesn't look human, like a ogre, cyclops, weird spirit/deity creature

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Another option that should be given serious thought is to depict Diana as polyamorous. But I'm not sure which writer would be capable of tackling that well, or if DC is willing to take that chance. Even in an Elseworlds story.
    I think it'd make a lot of sense. I'd imagine the Amazon idea of sexuality is wildly different from anything you'll find anywhere else. I don't even think it could properly be defined as just bisexual, and that'd be a rather boring approach considering what the alternatives might be. I mean, think of all the weird, crazy sci-fi factors here.

A lot of Amazons had husbands before the Island. They like/d men. They're now immortal, forever young, and live on an island with no men and I think it's generally accepted that they're not celibate so they've come to like women too. Any relationship is going to hit some ruts after thousands of years, but you're never really meeting anyone new either, so that's a weird twist on relationships I don't even know how you'd handle but sharing/changing partners every few centuries doesn't seem like a crazy idea. And of course, the Amazons (here at DC anyway) are heavily influenced by ancient Greece, and the Greeks did things very differently from what we're used to in the West today. Playing into this is the fact that, depending on the continuity, the Island might also be inhabited by satyrs, harpies, and other half-human creatures of Greek lore. And the Greeks didn't seem to mind a little....furry....action (Zeus and the swans, for example, the weird guy), so perhaps its not uncommon for an Amazon to find a nice young satyr to play with for a decade or something.
    Last edited by Gaelforce; 10-22-2019 at 08:16 PM. Reason: language please
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Well, that would be getting into fury stuff and that's not okay. There is a reason why we don't go too far into Greek myths. The greeks also had sex with young boys. I mean if the Amazons have creativeity they would be more interested in also inventing new sexual things to do.

BANNED

No, I donīt like it, too cliche, also there are lesbian/bi versions of Wonder Woman for people wanting that happen

I can't imagine it would bother me.

I don't think I'd like it if they tried to present Diana as homosexual, rather than bi or pan or something in that vein. But, you know, a few years with a woman as the main love interest wouldn't hurt the book or the character in any fashion.

Diana is already established as queer, so...

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Well, that would be getting into fury stuff and that's not okay. There is a reason why we don't go too far into Greek myths. The greeks also had sex with young boys. I mean if the Amazons have creativeity they would be more interested in also inventing new sexual things to do.
    Oh Im not saying that's stuff they *should* explore. Yeah, not into the furry/bestiality thing. At all. I'm just saying, the way Amazon sexual views would evolve......there's nothing like it in the real world, and it'd almost certainly look really damn weird to us.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Spectacular Member

I wouldn't mind. The only thing I would care about is if they retconed Diana to be totally Lesbian. I think Diana and the Amazons in general are more fluid in their sexuality compared to the rest of the world.

Maybe just for kicks, Black Label should have Stjepan Sejic do a Sunstone style mini series/one-shot of Diana and Cheetah in a relationship.