Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default X-men vs DarkSied & invasion hordes

Pretty much what the title says, the X-Men, a Blue & a Gold team, of 10 each (each team must have a legit team leader, ie Cyclops, Storm, Xavier, Jean, Mags, etc) of ANY combination of X-Men you want, but they must have been legit X-Men at some point, so not characters like Mr. Sinister or Lady DeathStrike. They are at their best, save for no unnatural power-ups. Example: Jean can arguably be able naturally harness the Pheonix, but Collossus can't naturally harness Kyttorak's/Juggernaut power). The X-Men are at least reasonably aware of how dangerous DarkSied is, but otherwise have no specific information, and have 1 week to gather their teams/prep-tech for the battle.

Can a group of 20 X-Men defeat the forces of DarkSeid a la Boomtubes? *For sake of argument, lets say at nu-52 justice league invasion-arc level.

*In-character fight*

Pick your team(s)! Also, feel free to comment on each other's rosters, its all for fun anyhow :P

My Teams:

Blue Team:

Cyclops (leader), Pheonix-Jean, Storm, Wolverine, Collossus, Genesis, Magic, Cable, Hope, Tempus (cable n genesis on the same team....hmm...)

Gold Team:

Xavier (leader), Magneto (co-captain, cause it's fucking Magneto ;P), Rogue, Beast (for tech/prep mostly), Legion, Danger, Bishop, Iceman, Omega Sentinel, Elixir.

Thanks in advance everyone!!
    Last edited by seaturkey; 01-21-2019 at 11:39 PM.

Isn't Pheonix overkill? I know Nu 52 Darkseid was pretty tough, but not THAT tough. Right?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Gold Team: Cyclops (because it’s Cyclops), Phoenix, Magneto, Nate Grey, Cable, Juggernaut, Magik, Legion, Vulcan, Box (and have him become Mother Box)

Blue Team: Whoever you want, really...? Gold Team prolly got this covered.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Gold Team: Cyclops (because it’s Cyclops), Phoenix, Magneto, Nate Grey, Cable, Juggernaut, Magik, Legion, Vulcan, Box (and have him become Mother Box)

I mean, they get a week of prep. You could throw Forge in there for larfs.

Also the X-Men by those stipulations have multiple natural Phoenix Force vessels channeling the Phoenix force available. You could otherwise do all Phoenix team.

BANNED

I don't think that nu52 darkseid has decent tp resistance feats(not ones I can remember) so perhaps he could be shut down by the telepaths using cerebro.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Also the X-Men by those stipulations have multiple natural Phoenix Force vessels channeling the Phoenix force available. You could otherwise do all Phoenix team.
    My personal favorite team.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    My personal favorite team.
    Also Odin's.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Also Odin's.
    *shakes head* Now Cthulhu is gonna pop in here posting that scan and going on about "the fires of love" and whatnot. Way to go.
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    *shakes head* Now Cthulhu is gonna pop in here posting that scan and going on about "the fires of love" and whatnot. Way to go.
    I mean... that was kind of the point.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

BANNED

darkseid is
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 01-22-2019 at 07:47 PM.

Roasted by minimum three different Phoenixes at once, yes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post

Um, when was Vulcan ever an X-man??

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    There's only 1 phoenix force, yes you can divide it, but it's FAR weaker when spread over multiple hosts, this is less effective that a single Jean-host by a long shot, but still, an all-phoenix team would be fun if nothing else.

Given the conditions of your thread, they'd each be fighting at full power. You can change that now of course, it's your thread, but otherwise "everyone at the strongest they've naturally been" would give three full Phoenix options. Rachel, Jean, and Quentin Quire. I forget off hand if there were other natural hosts of it that were X-people.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 01-22-2019 at 08:50 PM.