Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    As noted earlier in the thread, figuring out the comparative speed is a little hard to pin down to my mind.

Composite Man has Superman speed which is "decent bullet timers are slow motion to me," shown in the Justice League fight.

Give me a sec to just try and parse out out the algorithm as it pertains to Luffy and we'll see. As with most manga and anime, there's going to be yardsticking in there. This won't be complete as there are like 980 odd chapters of One Piece and I'm sure I'm forgetting some things but we'll go for broad strokes.

- Early Luffy, pre timeskip, already had quick reflexes as discussed earlier in the thread with Kuro. A good example of his combat speed is his combat with Zoro on the island of Baroque Works. Zoro fights a small army of assassins and has lots of moments of vanishing from view through speed, covering large distances and effortlessly blitzing groups of people. He ends up fighting Luffy later that day and the two of them are pretty evenly matched, the two of them both taking out other fighters attempting to interrupt them instantly at the time in the same manner.
    - Later Luffy gets feats of intercepting/dodging bullets, as does Zoro which show up in the Skypeia arc IIRC. Again, the two of them are presented as pretty even in speed pretty consistently.
    - Enter CP9 who blitz Luffy and co with their superspeed technique called Soru. Full on disappearing from view and so on.
    - Luffy then just gits gud and can now hit them out of said movement in his base form. He also unlocked Gear Second at this point which greatly amps his speed which makes him able to blitz said users of Soru.
    - Luffy and co then have trouble with Pacifista, as described above, and we hit the timeskip.
    - Post timeskip Luffy is able to blitz Pacifista with ease and also dodges lasers/plasma blasts commenting how slow they are.
    - Luffy fights Katakuri and gains control over his precognition. He had used his precog in small ways, usually when faced with much more powerful foes and the like but I believe he has a handle on it now.

I don't think there have been any specific upgrades recently that I'm missing... others feel free to correct me.

So, assuming that DCEU Wonder Woman is like... equivalent to say Skypeia arc/Early Water 7 arc Luffy/Zoro. That's like two or three major upgrades to Luffy's base speed/reactions (Matching Soru/Timeskip Boost/Precog) not counting enhanced forms (Gear Second/Gear Fourth). I don't know if that's enough to replicate the distance between Superman and Wonder Woman because it's rare to find something as clean as a full on slow motion sequence.
    Well, that leaves us all a bit blue... er... something. Family site and such.

I guess I leave the beginning of that basic hypothesis in place: if Luffy can blitz, he takes it. If he can't, he gets esoteric'd and loses.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Bellamy was never faster than Luffy. He had a good fruit for bouncing around fast, but there was never any indication luffy couldn't react to him. One of Luffy's ttade mark attacks is punching hubdred of tines with his gomubgomu after all.

Luffy didnnot react to Blueno in their first encounter. You coukd say they were surprised by Soru and couldn't adjust until later. I don't know. That was the most inexplicable of power-ups. Point is it wasn't until Enies lobby he couod react and blitz Blueno. Same for Lucci, I believe.

And who is the etc in referwnce too? I hope not Mihawk. Because liffy's haki activated and Mihawk obsvicously wasnt serious.

Question. I was gonna add vision to the composite in the beginning but replaced him with strange. Would that have changed things? Added more durability and energy projection, and phasing. How phasing would interact with Haki drew me against it. Would Haki overrule phasing?

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    Question. I was gonna add vision to the composite in the beginning but replaced him with strange. Would that have changed things? Added more durability and energy projection, and phasing. How phasing would interact with Haki drew me against it. Would Haki overrule phasing?
    It lets you hit elemental beings that otherwise have physical attacks pass harmlessly through them, so probably. There's a strong argument to be made for it, at least.

Replacing Strange with Vision would be really bad for the composite in this specific fight.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

A question I have about composites mixing superspeed from one character with esoterics from another, is can the esoterics actually happen that fast? Even Strange doesn't seem to have perfect 1/1 response when moving a portal (seems like more of a phone swipe), so can all that stuff be expected to happen in the same timeframe?

As far as Luffy's speed goes, I'm recalling a fight ages ago with a guy who had spring feet and bounced all over the place before firing himself at Luffy. IIRC, he was covering pretty massive distances, like blurring all over town in a single panel, and I recall Luffy catching him similar to Captain Kuro. The whole thing was fairly Kuro-esque, but with more directed movement and over a much larger area. Anyone who's kept better track of One Piece remember that? I may or may not be remembering it correctly, but it's a pretty decent feat from earlier in the series if I am. Totally could be a fever dream I had though.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    A question I have about composites mixing superspeed from one character with esoterics from another, is can the esoterics actually happen that fast? Even Strange doesn't seem to have perfect 1/1 response when moving a portal (seems like more of a phone swipe), so can all that stuff be expected to happen in the same timeframe?

As far as Luffy's speed goes, I'm recalling a fight ages ago with a guy who had spring feet and bounced all over the place before firing himself at Luffy. IIRC, he was covering pretty massive distances, like blurring all over town in a single panel, and I recall Luffy catching him similar to Captain Kuro. The whole thing was fairly Kuro-esque, but with more directed movement and over a much larger area. Anyone who's kept better track of One Piece remember that? I may or may not be remembering it correctly, but it's a pretty decent feat from earlier in the series if I am. Totally could be a fever dream I had though.
    That would be Bellamy the Hyena.

Here's the sequence in anime form.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    That would be Bellamy the Hyena.

Here's the sequence in anime form.

Definitely a fun scene, but it seems like nothing a decent tier bullet timer with the appropriate strength couldn't pull off. Please note that I'm not saying Luffy is not more than a bullet timer, just that this scene doesn't seem to prove it. I could be wrong though.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Definitely a fun scene, but it seems like nothing a decent tier bullet timer with the appropriate strength couldn't pull off. Please note that I'm not saying Luffy is not more than a bullet timer, just that this scene doesn't seem to prove it. I could be wrong though.
    I love this scene. However, to me, this is as much as a strength feat than a speed feat. Yes, the reaction time is incredible. However, the strength that you need to drive someone of that speed straight down into the ground, killing all of Bellamy's momentum, instead of him bouncing forward a few times after the hit is more than most bullet-timers.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Definitely a fun scene, but it seems like nothing a decent tier bullet timer with the appropriate strength couldn't pull off.
    I don't think a bullet timer could pull that off. That guy is functionally flashstepping all over a vast area, like hundreds of metres per frame, probably thousands of metres per second, which is drastically faster than any muzzle velocity I can find (highest I found was a tank gun at 1700 m/s). Luffy doesn't know when Bellamy is going to fire himself at him, so the only time he has to react is when it actually happens. I doubt any "mere" bullet timer could have pulled that off.

But it looks like Bellamy was already being discussed, so whatever. I just have fragmented memories of One Piece.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands