Page 22 of 80 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

For these 12 teams, write the next season off. All of them will have 3-6 wins each

AFC
    Jets
    Bills
    Bengals
    Broncos
    Raiders
    Dolphins

NFC
    Bucs
    Giants
    Redskins
    49ers
    Lions
    Cardinals

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    What is wrong with Mayfield?
    Unproven, mostly.

You can say the same of most journeyman or greenhorn QBs, though.

This coming season will be telling.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Browns look good on paper. Just need a real QB. Imagine if they didn't waffle on that?

Paper champs are one thing, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    What is wrong with Mayfield?
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Unproven, mostly.

You can say the same of most journeyman or greenhorn QBs, though.

This coming season will be telling.

The situation with Mayfield is ...he actually provided the best QB play the team has had since Kosar as we saw. He was their best rookie offensively on the field and threw for 3,725 yards 27 td 14 int mark. He led the team to the most wins they have had since 2014 as well as breaking a rookie TD record held by Manning and Wilson. So yes it was a rookie situation but given the marks we saw where his leading WR was Jarvis Landry ...he seemed to do very well. I can see why they wanted to add folks around him.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

The Chiefs cut another big cornerstone of their classic defense today in Eric Berry. Berry hasn't played more than 3 games in 2 seasons and sadly was due to be cut after the signing of the Honey Badger. The Chiefs finally had to cut Berry. Anyhow in the last 2+ seasons KC has let these defensive players go.

Marcus Peters
    Tamba Hali
    Derrick Johnson
    Dee Ford
    Justin Houston
    Eric Berry

Its quite a shock to see all these guys gone the last 2 years due to age (Johnson , Hali) injury and salary cap (Houston , Berry) and being too much trouble (Peters). So the team has been forced to go younger and move towards that. In all its quite a change to see happen here.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Fantastic Member

Apologies if someone mentioned this already. I heard it on the radio today and decided to have a look:
    https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh...fer-130014231/

"Adam Schefter reported that Bell is set to sign a four-year, $52.5 million deal with the Jets that includes a $35 million guaranteed and a max value of $61 million. To recap: Bell turned down a five-year deal from a team coming off a 13-3 season that would have paid him $14 million annually while also giving him $33 million up front. Instead, Bell sat out an entire year, throwing away $14.5 million and also wasting a precious year of his prime while playing a role in Pittsburgh's disappointing 2018 season. For what? To sign a less lucrative contract with a team coming off a 4-12 season. A team that plays in the same division as the Tom Brady/Bill Belichick - led New England Patriots"

My local sports talk guy said Bell should fire his agent. Bell lost an entire year in his prime at $14 million for that year then signed a contract less than the one the Steelers offered! Ouch. Maybe he should fire his agent.

Maybe the Jets are gonna make him Team Captain. Promotion!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Maybe the Jets are gonna make him Team Captain. Promotion!
    Captain of the Titanic is a job I guess.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Jags just cut Bortles
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Jags just cut Bortles
    Man, Jason Mendoza is gonna be devastated.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    For these 12 teams, write the next season off. All of them will have 3-6 wins each

AFC
    Bills
    Again, hate to sound like a fan, but I don't see it. The Bills admittedly were not great last year, but they really started to come together at the end of the season behind a rookie QB. We fired the coordinators of our worst position groups, we didn't lose any difference makers (I love Kyle Williams, but he wasn't a difference maker anymore) and we have spent free agency bolstering up our offensive line and wide receiver core, which were the main things holding the team back. And the draft hasn't even happened yet. A draft where we have a lot less pressure to perform due to free agency.

Look, I'm not saying that the Bills are going to win the Super Bowl this year, but I think 8-8 isn't impossible. I actually think they have it in them to go 9-7.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Man, Jason Mendoza is gonna be devastated.
    Unless Bortles ends up in a Good Place.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Jags just cut Bortles
    Well, given the dearth of quarterbacks in the league today, I suspect he won’t be unemployed for very long. I’m sure he’ll make for a decent backup somewhere.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, given the dearth of quarterbacks in the league today, I suspect he won’t be unemployed for very long. I’m sure he’ll make for a decent backup somewhere.
    Easily. At the end of the day, he was a high 1st round pick who has shown signs of being a halfway decent QB. I can't imagine he'll ever be a long term starter again, but I can see him as primary backup on a team that may have a bigger question mark at QB. Like the Titans, the Bucs or the Cards. He'd likely be one of the best back ups in the League as he has starting and playoff experience. Teams probably put a bit of a premium on that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    Easily. At the end of the day, he was a high 1st round pick who has shown signs of being a halfway decent QB. I can't imagine he'll ever be a long term starter again, but I can see him as primary backup on a team that may have a bigger question mark at QB. Like the Titans, the Bucs or the Cards. He'd likely be one of the best back ups in the League as he has starting and playoff experience. Teams probably put a bit of a premium on that.
    Bortles has sort of gotten a raw deal, because the media and fans couldn't help themselves from trash talking him and treating him like a joke even when he was playing well. Even his own teammates never really gave him any respect, after getting them to within a play or two of the Super Bowl, the most praise he could get from Jalen Ramsey is that he "do what he gotta do" which has got to hurt because even as a mediocre game manager, you'd expect your own team to stick up for you a little bit more than that. And when he has confidence and the support of his guys, he is capable of playing well, like when he threw 4 TDs to beat the Patriots all the way back in week 2, though he does seem like the kind of player who starts to unravel when he faces adversity and has no one to back him up.

Jags just cut Bortles
    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Bortles has sort of gotten a raw deal, because the media and fans couldn't help themselves from trash talking him and treating him like a joke even when he was playing well. Even his own teammates never really gave him any respect, after getting them to within a play or two of the Super Bowl, the most praise he could get from Jalen Ramsey is that he "do what he gotta do" which has got to hurt because even as a mediocre game manager, you'd expect your own team to stick up for you a little bit more than that. And when he has confidence and the support of his guys, he is capable of playing well, like when he threw 4 TDs to beat the Patriots all the way back in week 2, though he does seem like the kind of player who starts to unravel when he faces adversity and has no one to back him up.

The biggest issue Bortles has and quite honestly in 4 seasons the Jaguars never hired a coach to work on his mechanics is beyond me. But his biggest issue was his long silly wind up throwing motion. A fact that teams could telegraph at times where Bortles was gonna throw the ball. Why the Jaguars never hired a coach to work in off season to fix it since drafting him is beyond silly.

The throwing motion led to a huge number of interceptions etc. Whatever team takes a chance on Bortles will have to work on his throwing motion now.