Page 68 of 80 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1195
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    See, McCown is a quality backup who has won some games wherever he's been in that role, and not some "never-was" like Josh Johnson last year. He might not be Kaep, but he's a solid pickup given their circumstances.
    I heard the deal could be worth as much as $5.4 million with $2 million guaranteed. No way the Birds do that for a short term stopgap until Sudfeld recovers or Kessler clears concussion protocol, I’m thinking McCown might become the backup, Sudfeld the third string and Kessler given a consolation gift after a visit from the Turk. Of course, I could be wrong.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I heard the deal could be worth as much as $5.4 million with $2 million guaranteed. No way the Birds do that for a short term stopgap until Sudfeld recovers or Kessler clears concussion protocol, I’m thinking McCown might become the backup, Sudfeld the third string and Kessler given a consolation gift after a visit from the Turk. Of course, I could be wrong.
    There really is no way a team should depend on a guy who barely has started in Kessler vs a veteran ala McCown.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    There really is no way a team should depend on a guy who barely has started in Kessler vs a veteran ala McCown.
    The Eagles deserve a lot of credit for talking him out of retirement. It's them and Dallas on a collision course for the NFC East, and if you win it and get a home playoff game in... heck, crazier things have happened. McCown could get a ring just as Wentz's insurance policy.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 08-17-2019 at 07:17 PM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

After 2 preseason games for New England it looks like Stidham and Bailey have the inside track to new the new backup QB and punter, respectively.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Speaking of the Eagles and QB's of years past ...I saw a Sportscentury on the classic wild man of QB's....Jim McMahon.

- Everyone for years would claim McMahon would wear the sunglasses because he thought he was too cool. But according to his family and brother ; Jim as a kid had an accident with a fork and he lost some vision in his right eye. As McMahon claims himself his retina had issues with brightness so he wore glasses and had them tinted for his eye.

- McMahon in BYU was considered a bit of a hell raiser and BYU had strict guidelines. But as one player joked....Jim loved to drink , have a good time and play football. McMahon himself admitted he caused a lot of the issues by not caring to irk people above him either. Steve Young put over learning from McMahon during this time.

- After being drafted in 1st rd , George Halas (the owner of Bears) met with McMahon. Jim arrived to meet Halas drinking a beer and one reporter joked this guy is gonna be interesting. Halas told McMahon about his injuries (knee etc) in college , lack of height and possible arm strength saying the Bears should get a discount on paying him. McMahon looked at him and said.."Then why the hell did you draft me for ?"

- The special showed the rise of Mike Ditka and McMahon. How as one player joked Mike Ditka needed the arrogant young McMahon to push his buttons at times. One story was told where Jim McMahon was hurt and Ditka had him as an emergency QB with no intention of starting him. McMahon kept walking up and telling Ditka to put him in . As Ditka joked , "I heard this for 2-3 quarters and I was like...FINE ...GO IN THEN !" McMahon threw 2-3 TD passes and helped the team win the game. Ditka himself said the Vikings didn't even think McMahon could throw the ball let alone throw 2-3 deep TD passes as he did.

- The players put over how McMahon played QB with a reckless attitude of not giving a ****. He'd throw his body into players and challenge them. The defensive players loved how he did that but as someone said it made McMahon look great to his team , but it cost him his long term career. It showed pictures of McMahon landing on his head , shoulders etc in angles.

- After a big rise to Super Bowl and being a hero in Chicago ...McMahon's downfall is shown. He alienated many of the team with a book he wrote. He blasted family , some players like Willie Gault and the Bears ownership ! As one player joked he was reading the book , looked over at McMahon in camp and told him he had been a great team mate. The relationship broke slowly down as injuries and more hit.

- One big issue and anger that hit was McMahon was hurt when the Bears decided to sign Doug Flutie. A fact that Flutie and McMahon clearly do not get along at all. McMahon claimed he felt his backup QB's already on roster deserved the starts than Flutie. This made some defensive players not be kind to Flutie. A fact Flutie claims McMahon made it hard for him there as at 1st Mike Ditka was supportive him as a QB. Then he struggled in a playoff game they lost and Ditka blamed only him. A fact Flutie was like , "Hold on , I'm the only one to blame for a loss ?"

As one sports writer said , had McMahon fully embraced Flutie and helped him during that season who knows if they get another Super Bowl or not. McMahon in this claims Ditka loved characters on team and needed a midget now.

- After 2 more playoff exits , McMahon's relationship hit the wall with ownership and he was traded. He would struggle his last season as a full starter and then be a backup for the Eagles , Cardinals and Packers. Brett Farve praised him as a guy who clearly didn't care about money or anything ...he just liked playing.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The Eagles deserve a lot of credit for talking him out of retirement. It's them and Dallas on a collision course for the NFC East, and if you win it and get a home playoff game in... heck, crazier things have happened. McCown could get a ring just as Wentz's insurance policy.
    And with Dallas facing a holdout situation with Ezekiel Elliott, the Cowboys aren’t exactly on solid ground themselves. All the Eagles have to do is keep Wentz upright and their chances of returning to the Super Bowl are pretty darn good.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

RIP Cedric Benson
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    RIP Cedric Benson
    Damn, hadn't heard about that. Terrible news. RIP.

Funniest part of the game was the announcer in this claims a catch was made by Chad Beebee (Don Beebee's son) and they brag up how he's gonna be a 3rd WR and his famous father as well. This as we see replays of the catch by Kyle Rudolph and camera man clearly following Rudolph to the huddle , as he lines up slowly. Finally like someone has to nudge the guy and go..."That was Kyle Rudolph that caught the ball.." The announcer barely skims over Rudolph then comically.

In NFL News , the Honeymoon is over in Oakland with Antonio Brown as the Raiders GM issued a statement to him to either "be all in or all out..." This after Brown refused to practice ...again. Claiming he was still mad over the helmet rule.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...llin-or-allout

In NFL News , the Honeymoon is over in Oakland with Antonio Brown as the Raiders GM issued a statement to him to either "be all in or all out..." This after Brown refused to practice ...again. Claiming he was still mad over the helmet rule.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...llin-or-allout
    It's really starting to look like the Steelers might have come out ahead in that trade after all.

It's really starting to look like the Steelers might have come out ahead in that trade after all.
    My theory is ...Brown has started to realize after he signed his big money contract that the Raiders are a **** hole franchise and he regretted signing that contract after the trade. He realized the team has classic under-achieved for years and now he's stuck. So he wants to go to a winner so he's doing this fucking act over the helmet to force himself out now. Not realizing no winning team will want a distraction like this.

My theory is ...Brown has started to realize after he signed his big money contract that the Raiders are a **** hole franchise and he regretted signing that contract after the trade. He realized the team has classic under-achieved for years and now he's stuck. So he wants to go to a winner so he's doing this fucking act over the helmet to force himself out now. Not realizing no winning team will want a distraction like this.
    Watch him be a distraction up until about the trade deadline, and then the Raiders flip him to the Patriots, who fleece them for only a mid-round pick in recompense, and then he finally shuts up and returns to form with them. That would be the most predictable WTF outcome for this story.

Watch him be a distraction up until about the trade deadline, and then the Raiders flip him to the Patriots, who fleece them for only a mid-round pick in recompense, and then he finally shuts up and returns to form with them. That would be the most predictable WTF outcome for this story.
    I can see that happening if he keeps refusing to practice or show up. But I think eventually he'll show up and cause problems for the entire season. The Raiders will have complete egg on their faces if they deal Brown months after signing and bragging up his trade. They will try and stick it out a season at least.

I can see that happening if he keeps refusing to practice or show up. But I think eventually he'll show up and cause problems for the entire season. The Raiders will have complete egg on their faces if they deal Brown months after signing and bragging up his trade. They will try and stick it out a season at least.
    Brown's contract is took big for NE to take on.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium