Page 5 of 80 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    Do you guys think Antonio Brown has CTE? I mean seriously....
    I think he just had his blindfold removed.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

One of the funniest videos about the Arizona Cardinals in recent memory.

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Robert Alford signed a 3 year deal with the Cardinals. As a 49ers fan, this is disappointing. I wanted him to be on my team. Thought he could have helped.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    Robert Alford signed a 3 year deal with the Cardinals. As a 49ers fan, this is disappointing. I wanted him to be on my team. Thought he could have helped.
    He's easily the best #2 corner Arizona has had to play opposite Patrick Peterson since they had an aged Antonio Cromartie on a 1 year deal during the Arians era. They're literally tried out like eight to ten guys at that spot in the three years since.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

For whatever it's worth, the Alliance of American Football debuts tonight.

https://aaf.com/

Will anybody watch? I know I won't. Not worth my time to be honest.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I did watch the game that was playing up here. San Diego vs. San Antonio. It was actually a VERY good game. A lot better than the Super Bowl to be honest. And a lot of the changes from the NFL game, were interesting. During booth reviews and challenges, the person doing the analysis is actually put on screen and you see the thought process behind upholding and overturning and the limited commercial interruption and shorter play clock really made the game move.

I'll probably watch again today.

I watched last nights game. At one point the defender hits the QB and knocked his helmet off. Great hit! As good a play as any in the NFL.

Steve Spurrier is one of the coaches and coaches the Orlando team. After winning the opening game it was brought up how he had won 6 opening games for every team he's coached across the USFL , College , NFL and now this league. Which is pretty unique. Spurrier put over the league and attendance the game had.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

In sad news , long time NFL referee Red Cashion has passed away. Cashion is famous for yelling "1st down !" as part of his deal. It became part of his phrase he was known for. Cashion was 87 years old.

So having watched every game available to me, I found it enjoyable. It will give me something to pass the time between now and the start of real baseball. There are some issues. For example, the offensive lines across the board are terrible. There’s a lack of quality offensive linemen in the NFL and these guys couldn’t make it there. It was frustrating to watch here and there because plays weren’t allowed to develop. I don’t know the numbers off hand but it appeared that third and long was impossible to convert. It helped that they can only blitz 5. I can only imagine what it would look like if they blitzed everyone.

I'm done with football (the American kind) until the Draft in April as I'll have the NBA, NHL, college hoops and English Premier League soccer to keep me busy until spring training games start in MLB. Maybe it's just me, but I can't think of one good reason to watch the AAF.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    In sad news , long time NFL referee Red Cashion has passed away. Cashion is famous for yelling "1st down !" as part of his deal. It became part of his phrase he was known for. Cashion was 87 years old.

Red was an icon. One of the best.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Got an alert from Bleacher Report saying the Browns picked up Kareem Hunt. Well, it stood to reason somebody would take a flyer on him, so I’m not surprised.

NFL News

- The Carolina Panthers signed Eric Reid to a 3 year contract extension worth more than $24 if he hits incentives. The deal comes with $10 million guaranteed as Reid is coming off a solid season after months where he was forced to file a collusion suit against NFL owners who was holding employment due to his not standing for National Anthem along with Kaepernick. Its said Reid only got 1 free agent visit last year to the Bengals where Mike Brown reportedly asked if Reid planned to keep kneeling. Its said Reid's agent accused Brown of "bad faith"
    in that visit.

Kaepernick may face a harder time in the suit case as Reid more than likely will drop from the suit now.

- Kyler Murray has made his decision and announced it on Twitter. Today he announced he plans to fully commit to a NFL career and claims he has always wanted to be a QB growing up. This leaves the Oakland Athletics in a spot as they drafted Murray 9th overall in the MLB draft and allowed him to play his senior season. Now he is moving towards the NFL for good.

- The Browns as posted signed Kareem Hunt to a 1 year contract. Roger Goodell made it clear during the Super Bowl that whatever team did sign Hunt he would go on the Commissioner's Exempt List and discipline could or could not come til the NFL investigates.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    NFL News

- The Carolina Panthers signed Eric Reid to a 3 year contract extension worth more than $24 if he hits incentives. The deal comes with $10 million guaranteed as Reid is coming off a solid season after months where he was forced to file a collusion suit against NFL owners who was holding employment due to his not standing for National Anthem along with Kaepernick. Its said Reid only got 1 free agent visit last year to the Bengals where Mike Brown reportedly asked if Reid planned to keep kneeling. Its said Reid's agent accused Brown of "bad faith"
    in that visit.

Kaepernick may face a harder time in the suit case as Reid more than likely will drop from the suit now.

- Kyler Murray has made his decision and announced it on Twitter. Today he announced he plans to fully commit to a NFL career and claims he has always wanted to be a QB growing up. This leaves the Oakland Athletics in a spot as they drafted Murray 9th overall in the MLB draft and allowed him to play his senior season. Now he is moving towards the NFL for good.

- The Browns as posted signed Kareem Hunt to a 1 year contract. Roger Goodell made it clear during the Super Bowl that whatever team did sign Hunt he would go on the Commissioner's Exempt List and discipline could or could not come til the NFL investigates.
    Kaepernick isn't going to win his suit anyways. The standard of proof was way too high and I don't think it's possible to prove a group of owners ganged up no not hire him. Too many have way too much plausible deniability by their QB situation. Then you have the Ravens and Seahawks situations which he couldn't get a deal done that showed that people were negotiationg with him. Reid see's a lost cause and it isn't orth torpedoing his career. Sucks for Kaep, but everyone kinda said at the time the kneeling started that he was a bit too expendable of a player to be making that stand. 2012 Kaep could have gotten away with it. But Kaep was already viewed as a guy who was teetering on bust who was flaming out already.

Murray is making a mistake imo. He's too small and he will struggle alot as a QB. The only benefit he has is that Herbert held out so the draft is week on QB's. But he really shouldn't be much more than a 2nd or 3rd round pick at best.

Also I think the Chiefs should have just made Hunt inactive. Keep him on the roster. Goodell can suspend him earlier. Whole thing blows over. Now the Browns took their shot.