Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
And no way am I saying Colin Kaepernick is 1st string starting QB. He's a guy you have as a backup due to experience in playoffs and regular season. He's someone who starts in an emergency as a backup. A good 2nd string QB. And lets be frank again...he's a way , waaaaay better QB than Josh Johnson, Hell there are a lot of backup QB's that Kaepernick is better than right now in the NFL.
But is it worth the headache and media distraction for a backup?

Yesterday the Cardinals cut a defensive lineman after a domestic incident where he allegedly pointed a gun at a woman. The player though was a nobody and the team didn't feel waiting around for his case to actually be settled in criminal court was worth the distraction. I guarantee though that if the same thing happened with Aaron Donald that one of two things would happen: The Rams would wait to see how it played out in court and give platitudes like "he's sorry" or such. Donald is a superstar and fair or not like all superstars gets second and third chances. Just like Tyreek Hill's child abuse is being ignored because he's a superstar. The Chiefs are going to take heat for keeping Hill on the team but all will be forgiven by the fans if he has a season like last year and the Chiefs win which they probably will barring an injury to Mahomes. I'm not supporting this as fair, just being realistic.

Thats my point. Once the days of the read option offense gimmick faded in the NFL Kaepernick's star faded because he's a below average QB in terms of reading a defense and accuracy. Other than Cam Newton he might have been the best at the read option where you want a mobile and fast QB but in a conventional offense he's not that good. Kaep is not going to bring wins, he's just going to bring distractions. Just like Tim Tebow.