Page 78 of 80 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980 LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1195

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I have to wonder if Andy Reid will take a flyer on him. The Chiefs seem to be happy with RB's they have and may let Hyde go. But with a McCoy there its an interesting concept. I'm not shocked at all about this. I even thought Buffalo during the season would try and unload McCoy for anything they could get.
    Sounds like your right.

ESPN is reporting him in KC for a meeting.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Sounds like your right.

ESPN is reporting him in KC for a meeting.
    Honestly last year the Bills should have tried to get a 4th or 5th from KC . They could have moved McCoy quick once KC let Hunt go. The Chiefs would have taken him for that. Now if they do sign McCoy it will be a 1 or 2 year deal , not a huge deal. McCoy can come into a team with offensive fire power in Mahomes , Kelce , Hill , and Hardman lining up. If your a defense you have to really be hating if KC does get McCoy because Mahomes gets another added weapon .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Honestly last year the Bills should have tried to get a 4th or 5th from KC . They could have moved McCoy quick once KC let Hunt go. The Chiefs would have taken him for that. Now if they do sign McCoy it will be a 1 or 2 year deal , not a huge deal. McCoy can come into a team with offensive fire power in Mahomes , Kelce , Hill , and Hardman lining up. If your a defense you have to really be hating if KC does get McCoy because Mahomes gets another added weapon .
    Even a 6th or a 7th is better than nothing.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Teams in need of a serviceable backup can pick up Brian Hoyer, who was just released by New England.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Houston and Miami worked out a trade and its clear both teams paid a steep price for this one.

- Houston wanted to send Clowney to Miami but once he nixed that trade they had to deal him to Seattle for 2 lesser players and a 3rd rd pick. They still had issues at left tackle.

- So hours later they send 2 , 1st rd draft picks and a 2nd to Miami for Jeremy Tunsil (who they wanted as part of a Clowney trade) to be their star LT. They also took Kenny Stills who really is a B/C grade WR to make the deal happen.

Now this trade weakens both teams in a way. Houston is gambling a lot of their future ahead trading so many draft picks right now. They had best hope Tunsil becomes the star LT he seems to be flashing for Watson's sake. Flores meanwhile has to talk to his players and try to make them feel ok with a trade that reports are the locker room was about to revolt over if Tunsil got traded.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Kansas City solved its Carlos Hyde issue and sent him to Houston for an offensive lineman. So the Chiefs seemed to clear the decks in case they do decide to get McCoy.

Jerrick McKinnon has been placed on season-ending injured reserve AGAIN, leaving the 49ers going into the season with a backup RB instead for a second year in a row.

Meanwhile in the NFC West, the Seahawks have cut both Geno Smith AND Paxton Lynch. And all QBs on their roster who aren't married to Ciara. Whomever Seattle signs to back up Russell Wilson, they had better pray to whatever gods they hold dear that nothing happens to Wilson until the new backup can learn their playbook.

I'm honestly wondering if they're gonna take a look at DeSean Kizer, who Green Bay just cut.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Well within hours of being cut , McCoy signed a 1 year $3 million deal with Kansas City. This reunites him with Andy Reid who seemingly made a push to get McCoy and cleared the RB room by trading away Carlos Hyde earlier. If McCoy hits incentives ; the deal goes to $4 million .

This classic game features a couple 1st things. This debuts the Bills new "K-Gun" style offense that the team would become famous for using. Not only does the announcer bring up how it made the team move so quick down the field ; it would lead the Bills to 4 straight Super Bowl appearances. Also for fun there was talk if Kelly in this was worth the $20 million contract he was given. Which is pretty wild then to think people were questioning if a QB was worth $20 million for a couple seasons. (Now teams pay QB's $20-30 million....a season).

This is also the 1st start for Colts rookie QB Jeff George. George was starting his 1st regular season game in a career that would end up not being what people expected. As folks would say later , he has a cannon for an arm and a cannon for a brain.

The game also features a 1st annoucing wise. The young announcer calling his 1st NBC NFL game....Chris Collingsworth . This was nearly 30 years ago and today Collingsworth does NFL Sunday Night show.

Ugh. Collinsworth. Never liked him as a commentator, in the least.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Ugh. Collinsworth. Never liked him as a commentator, in the least.
    I do ...he isn't trying to be flashy or anything. He details what is there and goes on what players have told him. He doesn't try to over power the game taking it over. A lot now wanna be BIG NAME announcers. Its why I believe Witten went back to football. A lot of former players struggle once they get there in booth.

This game illustrates why George likely flamed out so quick with the Colts. He was thrown behind a very inexperienced offensive line. In fact in this game they started a rookie LT against...Bruce Smith. To try and help him they'd chip Smith with a RB in pass protection but the whole idea was bound to be a disaster. Your starting a rookie against a future Hall of Fame DE who feasts on QB's.

And Smith during this seemed to make George's life hell.

I do ...he isn't trying to be flashy or anything.
    My copy of Madden 2010 was an important buy for me, as it was the Larry Fitzgerald/Troy Palomalu cover after the AZ/Pittsburgh Super Bowl. The one flaw to the game is... it was one of the first years John Madden's role in commentary was reduced, and instead, they got Collinsworth for the "in game play by play".

I have never moved to an "Options" menu to turn something off so fast in my life.

This game illustrates why George likely flamed out so quick with the Colts. He was thrown behind a very inexperienced offensive line. In fact in this game they started a rookie LT against...Bruce Smith. To try and help him they'd chip Smith with a RB in pass protection but the whole idea was bound to be a disaster. Your starting a rookie against a future Hall of Fame DE who feasts on QB's.

And Smith during this seemed to make George's life hell.
    Bruce Smith was a BEAST. Having the pre-Peyton Colts and pre-Brady Patriots on the menu for 4 games a year sure helped pad his career sack totals quite a bit.

My guy Trace McSorley found a place on Baltimore's roster as a third-string QB.

Another notable deal as i watch that Bills/Colts game from 1990. Mark Kelso a 7-8 year safety for the Bills started wearing an extra padded helmet due to concussions. He started to get teased by team mates for wearing the padded helmet and he stopped for a game. He suffered another concussion and wisely brought it back. A fact they bring it up here.

I wonder how many now look back as players who did tease him and think...Kelso was right to wear that helmet.