Page 50 of 80 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Supposedly Gaine was slowly firing everyone in the building who was black - but the Texans deny that being behind the firing.
    Yeah here is the report and Gaine was fired right after the Counsel met to discuss the complaint a worker filed . According to the complaint Gaine fired 8 black employees and hired white ones to replace them.

https://deadspin.com/ex-texans-emplo...ete-1835497836

As the article claims it wouldn't make sense to fire Gaine to try and defy the complaint.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

In funny NFL news the past 2 weeks...

- Chicago began practice a couple days ago and watched as all 3 kickers missed FG's from 42 yards. 0-3 in comical fashion. The Bears cut one of the kickers ; Chris Blewitt that day after it was done. Even their coach claims they can't keep doing this.

- New England made a trade for TE Michael Roberts from the Detroit Lions. The Lions were gonna be sent a 7th rd draft pick for the often injured 2 year player who has some big upside possible (size is 6'6 , 250). Well today the trade was voided and the Lions got Roberts back. They cut him after this and now its said New England may sign him off waiver wire instead.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post

- Chicago began practice a couple days ago and watched as all 3 kickers missed FG's from 42 yards. 0-3 in comical fashion. The Bears cut one of the kickers ; Chris Blewitt that day after it was done. Even their coach claims they can't keep doing this.

- New England made a trade for TE Michael Roberts from the Detroit Lions. The Lions were gonna be sent a 7th rd draft pick for the often injured 2 year player who has some big upside possible (size is 6'6 , 250). Well today the trade was voided and the Lions got Roberts back. They cut him after this and now its said New England may sign him off waiver wire instead.
    NE always seems to get what the want in the end.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    NE always seems to get what the want in the end.
    Well Detroit has Mike Patrica as coach so I'm thinking he likely went ahead and did that for his former team. Its like when Scott Pioli became GM of the Chiefs and they traded just 1 , 2nd rd pick for Matt Cassel and Mike Vrabel. (everyone expected New England to get a 1st or more for Cassel at least)

Looks like the Texans have agreed to stop pursuing Caserio and the Pats have dropped the tampering charges.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Looks like the Texans have agreed to stop pursuing Caserio and the Pats have dropped the tampering charges.

-M
    This has to be a total debacle for the Texans at every level. They just found out Caserio has a contract through 2020.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

A great move by the Jaguars to sign proven reliable QB Nick Foles.

This video looks at what some scouts missed with Patrick Mahomes when he was coming out of college. As the video points out its awful early still to say if Mahomes can keep up what he did in 2018. But he showed a ton as NFL MVP.

As the video points out Mahomes had all these athletic skills that are frankly amazing to see. He can throw a football 60+ mph , he can throw 85+ yards , he also in college threw for 700+ yards in one game (a loss). But many scouts questioned how those athletic gifts would translate to a next level.

- Mahomes for all his gifts would sometimes do things where he was trying too hard. He would fumble to make a big play. He would throw costly Ints as he believed in his arm way , way too much.

- The system he came out of is called the "Air Raid" offense which is spread formation in college. Multiple failed QB's came into the NFL and couldn't translate to a regular NFL offense. Tim Couch , Brandon Weeden and Johnny Manziel could make the change to NFL standard offenses. Its why many scouts were scared of Mahomes.

- One scout before the draft compared him to ...Jay Cutler which was a middle of the road QB who really wouldn't make teams want to draft Mahomes high.

- When Andy Reid and John Dorsey made the trade to go get Mahomes ; many analysts claimed it was the worst move in that draft. That they felt Mahomes was not worth a high 1st rd pick.

The video questions how Mahomes will do in his 2nd full season as a starter. As he heads into really his 2nd season. With Hunt gone and Hill who maybe gone awhile (who knows) how will Mahomes adjust ?

If the Chiefs didn't trade up to snag Mahomes, Arizona had GM Steve Keim and coach at the time, Bruce Arians, frothing at the mouth to get him and have him spend a year working with Carson Palmer to be the future of the franchise. Depending on what happens with Kyler Murray, this might be one of the biggest "What If?" scenarios in the NFL for years. Up there with the Cardinals asking "What If..." they had Adrian Peterson instead of Levi Brown, and had him playing alongside Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin, and Kurt Warner in their Super Bowl year.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    If the Chiefs didn't trade up to snag Mahomes, Arizona had GM Steve Keim and coach at the time, Bruce Arians, frothing at the mouth to get him and have him spend a year working with Carson Palmer to be the future of the franchise. Depending on what happens with Kyler Murray, this might be one of the biggest "What If?" scenarios in the NFL for years. Up there with the Cardinals asking "What If..." they had Adrian Peterson instead of Levi Brown, and had him playing alongside Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin, and Kurt Warner in their Super Bowl year.
    Sean Payton came out last April and said that the Saints would have selected Mahomes with that next pick (the Chiefs jumped ahead of them) . That he was ranked the highest to them on draft board at QB's in 2017. This was a few months before what we saw.

In a nice story on someone who really no one expected to have a 17 year career ; Josh McCown announced his retirement today. McCown is famous for playing 17 seasons and with 10 teams in that span after being a 3rd round draft pick by Arizona. He would show flashes at times but injuries would cost him as well as teams using him as a mentor QB at stops. The last one with the NY Jets.

A few years ago his daughter with friends snapped a comical image of him with friends of hers with all his team jersey's he wore.

https://sportshub.cbsistatic.com/i/r...r-10-06-16.jpg

McCown even in a NFL video discussed in good terms his trip around the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post

Packers claimed Roberts off waivers, so he's not going to the Pats.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Packers claimed Roberts off waivers, so he's not going to the Pats.

-M
    So much for that as he failed his physical for the Packers for the same reason he failed the physical for the Patriots. So Roberts has been released, again.

Fantastic Member

"An interesting note illustrating Tom Brady's incredible longevity: When the Patriots play the Steelers in Week 1, Brady will face rookie linebacker Devin Bush Jr. -- 18 years after Brady faced Bush's father, Devin Bush Sr., when the elder Bush played for the Cleveland Browns."

So in more Chicago Bears silliness kicking wise ; the Bears HC is forcing players to repeatedly watch the missed FG which was partly blocked. Its said by Bears players to be motivation but its said all off-season he's made them watch it at times. Former coach Jeff Fisher joked he wouldn't want to be a kicker on that team right now. Which I can understand why as if your being forced to watch a missed kick repeatedly its gotta be playing into your mind.