Page 51 of 80 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

LeSean McCoy claims he will bounce back after a down year where he rushed for his lowest total in his career and his lowest average yards on the ground at 3.2 . McCoy will now have a crowded RB room as the Bills drafted Ty Montgomery in 3rd rd and signed free agent RB's TY Heldon and Frank Gore. Yes... that Frank Gore. McCoy praised Gore claiming he's still solid at 36. Gore and McCoy combined have over 25,000+ yards on the ground folks.

Honestly I have to wonder if the Bills aren't gonna try and trade McCoy before the trade deadline as the season goes. He turns 31 and they have a stable of RB's. The Chiefs and Andy Reid would likely love to have McCoy to pair with Mahomes to give them an added weapon. Plus as a cheap pickup (I wouldn't trade above a 4th for a 31 year old RB) he would be worth it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    LeSean McCoy claims he will bounce back after a down year where he rushed for his lowest total in his career and his lowest average yards on the ground at 3.2 . McCoy will now have a crowded RB room as the Bills drafted Ty Montgomery in 3rd rd and signed free agent RB's TY Heldon and Frank Gore. Yes... that Frank Gore. McCoy praised Gore claiming he's still solid at 36. Gore and McCoy combined have over 25,000+ yards on the ground folks.

Honestly I have to wonder if the Bills aren't gonna try and trade McCoy before the trade deadline as the season goes. He turns 31 and they have a stable of RB's. The Chiefs and Andy Reid would likely love to have McCoy to pair with Mahomes to give them an added weapon. Plus as a cheap pickup (I wouldn't trade above a 4th for a 31 year old RB) he would be worth it.
    If KC needs a mid-round pick to get a year or two of McCoy from Buffalo right now... they should pull the trigger on that deal. Absolutely. His production was probably down more last year because nobody was respecting Josh Allen's arm and were putting 8 in the box.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

In NFL news , the Tennessee Titans are doing a "make or break" season for Marcus Mariota. The team hasn't extended him beyond 2019 and seems to be waiting to see if he delivers on the promise of what they drafted in 2015. Mariota to his credit has added muscle to bulk up due to hits he's taken and the GM has said he needs to throw the ball away more to avoid those hits. In any case Mariota has never threw for over 3,430 yards in a season or over 27 TD's either since being drafted.

In Tampa Jamesis Winston is also on thin ice as well as the reason Bruce Arians was signed was to make Winston deliver as well. Winston had a great start but last 2 seasons decision making on and off field became a huge question mark. At one point Ryan Fitzpatrick beat him out for the starting job last year after numerous turnovers in a game ! This year is a make or break as well.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

In NFL news , the Tennessee Titans are doing a "make or break" season for Marcus Mariota. The team hasn't extended him beyond 2019 and seems to be waiting to see if he delivers on the promise of what they drafted in 2015. Mariota to his credit has added muscle to bulk up due to hits he's taken and the GM has said he needs to throw the ball away more to avoid those hits. In any case Mariota has never threw for over 3,430 yards in a season or over 27 TD's either since being drafted.

In Tampa Jamesis Winston is also on thin ice as well as the reason Bruce Arians was signed was to make Winston deliver as well. Winston had a great start but last 2 seasons decision making on and off field became a huge question mark. At one point Ryan Fitzpatrick beat him out for the starting job last year after numerous turnovers in a game ! This year is a make or break as well.
    I feel like 2020 free agency will have both Winston and Mariota as free agents, and some team still hunting for a franchise QB might get desperate enough to spin the tires on either one of them. Your Miami, Washington, or Cincinnatti after they inevitably give up on Andy Dalton or the Giants if Eli retires (because no one Kyle Lauletta is the future). Either that, or John Gruden still won't be set on Derek Carr in Oakland, and will want to bring them in for a competition.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I feel like 2020 free agency will have both Winston and Mariota as free agents, and some team still hunting for a franchise QB might get desperate enough to spin the tires on either one of them. Your Miami, Washington, or Cincinnatti after they inevitably give up on Andy Dalton or the Giants if Eli retires (because no one Kyle Lauletta is the future). Either that, or John Gruden still won't be set on Derek Carr in Oakland, and will want to bring them in for a competition.
    The Giants already drafted their QB they deem the future with Daniel Jones. Washington selected Haskins picks later as the future. So those 2 teams won't be players next year for a QB.

The Giants already drafted their QB they deem the future with Daniel Jones. Washington selected Haskins picks later as the future. So those 2 teams won't be players next year for a QB.
    Ah yeah, you're right. Seems like Cincinnatti and Oakland will be the likely destinations for those two.

Speaking of QB's , Blaine Gabbert came up in a conversation with former coach Jack Del Rio. In it Del Rio brought up that as Jaguars coach back in 2011 he was watching the draft with his son. The team had gave Del Rio no indication Gabbert would be selected. In fact as Del Rio claims on their board before this they ranked Gabbert as a 3rd/4th rd QB next to Nick Foles to select later possibly.

He goes to get some food on his plate and comes back as he learns the team had traded up to select Gabbert. Which stunned him as the GM never told him they were gonna select Gabbert. He also seemed to know he wouldn't be with the team long term given this move.

In NFL news , the NFL Hall of Fame is considering doing a special 2020 class where 20 inductees would be placed into Hall of Fame. Given its gonna be the 100th year of the NFL and there are so many in the all-time list of players still not inducted. They will vote on a special 1 year deal to do this.

In NFL news , the NFL Hall of Fame is considering doing a special 2020 class where 20 inductees would be placed into Hall of Fame. Given its gonna be the 100th year of the NFL and there are so many in the all-time list of players still not inducted. They will vote on a special 1 year deal to do this.
    I hope this doesn't pass.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I hope this doesn't pass.
    Its a 1 year deal. A number of senior candidates are in a log jam to get in as each year newer ones get brought up etc. It wouldn't be each year , it would be a 1 year exception to celebrate the 100th year.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Sounds cool. I like the symbolism for the NFL's 100th anniversary.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

There are guys who each year should be in the Hall of Fame yet constantly get passed over due to others always being ahead of them. Don Coryell should be in that Hall. He literally revolutionized the passing offenses of the NFL to what were seeing Kansas City , Rams and more do now. Its a damn crime that guy can't get inducted and he's not the only one. Every year there are guys who constantly are pushed to a point their senior voted in.

Madden at Coryell's funeral gave a nice emotional opening. "There is Dan Fouts , Joe Gibbs and myself...and were in the Hall of Fame. Someone is missing.."

In sad NFL News the family of QB Jared Lorenzen announced his death today. Lorenzen had been hospitalized with an infection and had heart n kidney issues. The QB was nicknamed the "Hefty lefty" due to being 285+ pounds when he came out of college and backed up Eli Manning for 3-4 seasons with Giants before being let go and after the Colts let him go Lorenzen's NFL career was over.

Its a 1 year deal. A number of senior candidates are in a log jam to get in as each year newer ones get brought up etc. It wouldn't be each year , it would be a 1 year exception to celebrate the 100th year.
    I agree if the extras are all senior candidates.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I agree if the extras are all senior candidates.
    It is. Only 5 modern candidates and 5 from the senior committee