Page 49 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

NFL.Com looked back at the 2007 NFL Draft and Marshawn Lynch's selection. That he was drafted 12th so who were the 11 guys selected ahead ?

#1 - JaMarcus Russell : Its sad but they are being too kind here. Russell ate himself out of the NFL and weighed over 300+ pounds in 2010. Its why Oakland finally cut him. Also Russell's contract is what made the CBA be changed as he was guaranteed nearly $40+ million and was a blockbuster bust.

#4 - Gaines Adams : Sadly I never knew he passed away in 2010. He died of an undetected heart condition. Played for the Bucs and Bears from 2007-2009. They agree that Lynch given who Gruden drafted in 2007 would have fit best here.

#5 -Levi Brown : The Cardinals just signed Edgerrin James and they didn't need a RB.

#6 - LeVon Landry : The idea was for them to pair Landry and Sean Taylor back in secondary. But alas that never happened. Also the Redskins had Portis at RB.

#8 - Jamaal Anderson : A bust by the Atlanta Falcons. This team was in chaos with Bobby Petrino at coach , Michael Vick was sentenced to jail , and things showed here. Anderson had 6 sacks in 7 seasons.

#9 - Ted Ginn : They wanted a "juice player" because he was an explosive player in kick returns and could stretch a defense. He took a lot of critiques for what he was but has managed a decent NFL career. Dolphins had selected Ronnie Brown a season ago at #2 and also had Ricky Williams.

#10 - Amobi Okoye : Had a great rookie season. Kubiak came from the Shanahan school of coaching and did not believe in drafting a RB high as detailed. They had just signed Ahmen Green as a free agent and he was a bust as shown.

In fact there was 4 future Hall of Fame players selected before Lynch.

Calvin Johnson (WR)
    Joe Thomas (LT)
    Adrian Peterson (RB)
    Patrick Willis (LB)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

In NFL News ...

- The Houston Texans have a big problem right now and its the fact Jadeveon Clowney has not signed his franchise tag that he was slapped with. Clowney wants a new long term deal and before he was fired last week GM Brian Gaine claimed signing Clowney to a long term deal would happen. But now questions marks have arose whether that can get done with his being fired recently.

The 49ers have a player who refuses to sign his franchise tag as well. Robbie Gould as a kicker actually doesn't want a long term deal. He wants traded or cut but the 49ers don't seem to be doing this.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Raiders confirmed for Hard Knocks XD
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

NFL News

- Cameron Jordan for the Saints locked down another 3 year extension bringing him to 2024 by the time his deal ends. Jordan now will bank an estimated $74+ million total by the end of his deal.

- Julio Jones plans to report to camp and claims he will not hold out. Even though he ranks 11th as the highest paid WR at $14.3 million. Jones claims he trusts Arthur Blank (Falcons owner) with getting his new deal done.

- Chris Jones (KC) is gonna hold out as he had a huge season with 15.5 sacks and is demanding a big long term deal. The Chiefs have him , Mahomes and possibly Tyreek Hill as big free agents the next few seasons to get deals done with.

- Bill O'Brien (Texans coach) during a media day pretty much down played the entire situation going on where Brian Gaine (GM) was fired last week. O'Brien claims Cal McNair told him of the move and that is his decision .

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    And here I thought HBO would be lacking drama after Game of Thrones ended...

Or that the biggest disaster show they would have this year would be Chernobyl...
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post

Or that the biggest disaster show they would have this year would be Chernobyl...
    Hard knocks is gonna be boomin.
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Not surprising.

Richie Incognito is going to kill somebody.

And I was this close to canceling HBO too after the debacle that was Season 8....

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Not surprising.

Richie Incognito is going to kill somebody.
    A Dothraki Wedding with less than three deaths is considered a rather dull affair
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Hahaha!

I am stealing this.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Houston's GM debacle has now became a side show as New England has filed tampering charges against the team. Claiming that the Texans tampered by making contact with the GM they wanted of that team. The Texans deny this but in order to get that guy they may have to surrender a draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Houston's GM debacle has now became a side show as New England has filed tampering charges against the team. Claiming that the Texans tampered by making contact with the GM they wanted of that team. The Texans deny this but in order to get that guy they may have to surrender a draft pick.
    Do you guys think this makes the NE Patriots look "petty"? As so many other people have described them as just that after this story broke.
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

Mmmmm. So this is what the kids mean when they say 'a hate watch'.

It is entirely possible the blue pill and the red pill have been combined into gummi form now.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Interestingly this move prevents the Texans from getting Caserio until the investigation is over, and tampering investigations in the NFL don't move very fast. The season will be well underway before this is resolved.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    Do you guys think this makes the NE Patriots look "petty"? As so many other people have described them as just that after this story broke.
    Not really , its likely they want to keep Caserio around for after Belichick leaves to keep that teams structure in place. They denied the Texans an interview 18 months ago and really seem to want to keep him . The Texans if they did this are beyond fucking stupid .

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Interestingly this move prevents the Texans from getting Caserio until the investigation is over, and tampering investigations in the NFL don't move very fast. The season will be well underway before this is resolved.
    Honestly the entire thing is a debacle. All because Gaine didn't make a push to keep Matteiu at CB/Safety or get in a better position to draft Dillard at tackle ? This is what your firing your GM over ? Why not give him the preseason training camp cuts to make moves possibly at offensive line ? Or see what they can do in secondary 1st ?

If this was a stupid move to get Caserio it backfired in EPIC fashion.

Not really , its likely they want to keep Caserio around for after Belichick leaves to keep that teams structure in place. They denied the Texans an interview 18 months ago and really seem to want to keep him . The Texans if they did this are beyond fucking stupid .

Honestly the entire thing is a debacle. All because Gaine didn't make a push to keep Matteiu at CB/Safety or get in a better position to draft Dillard at tackle ? This is what your firing your GM over ? Why not give him the preseason training camp cuts to make moves possibly at offensive line ? Or see what they can do in secondary 1st ?

If this was a stupid move to get Caserio it backfired in EPIC fashion.
    Supposedly Gaine was slowly firing everyone in the building who was black - but the Texans deny that being behind the firing.
    Dark does not mean deep.