Page 25 of 80 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Well they just signed Ryan Fitzpatrick to a 2 year deal, so he will be the bridge, whether they draft a QB this year or next year.

-M

The Dolphins could have a good shot at landing a QB at #13 really if the draft plays out for them. They could trade up possibly into the top 10 if need be. But here are the QB's being discussed as top 1st round QB's.

Dwayne Haskins
    Kyler Murray
    Daniel Jones
    Drew Lock

Now the draft order as we go down is this :

#1 Arizona - They can select Murray as rumors seem to be and that is him off the board.

#2, #3 - 49ers and Jets ...already have their franchise QB's they feel so no drafting one.

#4 - Oakland - This could go in many directions as Gruden may shock people and draft one. He already got Brown so maybe he does. Or does he draft defense to fix things ?

#5 - Tampa - Is riding with Winston and has Arians as his backer.

#6 - NY Giants - Can select Eli's heir apparent right here . That is 2 , QB's off the board if this happens.

#7-#12 - Jaguars , Lions , Bills , Broncos and Packers - All have QB's they seem content with. Lions made rumblings about Stafford weeks ago but nothing more has came out.

Now the draft is a wild thing and we could see a team stun folks (Like KC did trading up for Pat Mahomes 2 seasons ago) or maybe Miami does to get Lock or Daniel. But they can logically sit and watch awhile. Murray may not be drafted and things will go more wild as he falls too.

Miami could be looking at the Kansas City plan as are the Giants. Draft a young rookie QB , let him sit and learn a season watching from a veteran and then you turn the team over to them in year 2. Fitzpatrick and Manning could watch their teams draft a young QB here to do this.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Well they just signed Ryan Fitzpatrick to a 2 year deal, so he will be the bridge, whether they draft a QB this year or next year.

-M
    Just heard about that signing. It’ll be interesting to see how well Grizzly Adams can run Miami’s offense, and who their QB of the future might be.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

The Fitzpatrick signing tells me they are going for a QB and are moving on from Osweiler.
    I guess they may have both this season if they can't get one.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

So more seemingly has came out about the possible broken arm at Tyreek Hill home involving his 3 year old son.

- Hill's not name in any of the paper work as being responsible right now.

- The police are investigating exactly what happened as Hill's pregnant wife (they are due to have 2 more children) lives there as well.

- Unlike the Hunt situation with video that led to his release there is no video of this situation and this will take cops investigating more.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Sources reporting the Bengals have cut ties with Vontaze Burfict.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So more seemingly has came out about the possible broken arm at Tyreek Hill home involving his 3 year old son.

- The police are investigating exactly what happened as Hill's pregnant wife (they are due to have 2 more children) lives there as well.

- Unlike the Hunt situation with video that led to his release there is no video of this situation and this will take cops investigating more.
    That whole story just reads very ugly. Especially in light of previous incidents. Bad pattern is a bad pattern.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post

And if the wife, for whatever reason, refuses to cooperate, or worse, covers for Hill, that will make the cops' job investigating this matter all the harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    That whole story just reads very ugly. Especially in light of previous incidents. Bad pattern is a bad pattern.
    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    And if the wife, for whatever reason, refuses to cooperate, or worse, covers for Hill, that will make the cops' job investigating this matter all the harder.

Hill's last domestic issue where he choked his girlfriend (now wife) was in 2014. It led to him draft wise falling to the 5th rd where Kansas City took a chance on him and he seemed to rebound his personal life after it in 2016. That things seemed to have changed for him.

Right now we really have no idea what happened. Because as much as Hill's past points to that ; he could be innocent for all we know. Its remote sure and past domestic violence issues as we know hints at this again. Right now no one knows if Hill , his wife or anyone else was at the home over this. All we know is its at the home of Hill and her as listed. Hill if he did this will be released as KC has a zero tolerance policy more or less as we saw. Its why they have pumped the brakes on Hill's big contract extension. Plans were to resign Hill to a 5-6 deal worth like $100+ million dollars. But the Chiefs seemingly have slowed that down for now.

If I was Kansas City I'd draft a WR and prepare if this ends up Hill is responsible and they cut him.

Got an alert from Bleacher Report saying Blake Bortles is going to L.A. to backup Jared Goff.

The best thing for Miami would be to completely go in the gutter for next year's draft. They aren't in a good spot to try and move up for a quarterback, and this class is lackluster anyway. Use the draft picks to build the rest of the team. I don't know if their GM Grier is on the hotseat as this will be his 4th season in trying to turn the team around. Really though, he shouldn't be. I know it's his job to field the best competitive team each year, but they just aren't in a spot to get their future quarterback right now. No one wants to ever tank in the NFL, it's like sacrilege. It happens in the NBA all the time though, and no one blinks an eye. Fitzpatrick might actually get them a few garbage time wins that knock them out of a good draft spot for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Got an alert from Bleacher Report saying Blake Bortles is going to L.A. to backup Jared Goff.
    Bargain pickup for them! Bortles career has been very up and down, but the ups were pretty good. This makes me wonder if Sean McVay might decide to switch Bortles in there for certain play-action situations or QB sneaks.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Bargain pickup for them! Bortles career has been very up and down, but the ups were pretty good. This makes me wonder if Sean McVay might decide to switch Bortles in there for certain play-action situations or QB sneaks.
    Or when Goff goes off the reservation.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

McVay likely will work on Bortles release issue. He again has issues with his long wind up throwing which led to a high number of Ints.

In NFL News...

- Dallas signed Randall Cobb (WR) to a 1 year deal today. Cobb has been a long time Packers player.

- Dallas isn't done working out deals and is hammering a deal with Miami to trade for Robert Quinn (DE) due to them needing a DE right now across from Lawrence.

- A day after catching hell over proclaiming Eli Manning was still a great starting QB ; the Giants GM admitted the team has to address the QB position for the future. That Manning will turn 38 this season.

- The Cardinals are meeting with Kyler Murray as rumors continue they may select him #1 overall come the draft.

Raiders signed Burffict to a 1 year deal....

Burfict and Brown on the same team?

Just give them Hard Knocks already XD
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Sources reporting the Bengals have cut ties with Vontaze Burfict.

-M
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Raiders signed Burffict to a 1 year deal....

Burfict and Brown on the same team?

Just give them Hard Knocks already XD
    I was wondering what team would sign a player noted for being that dirty, and I thought... "Raiders?"

And then they proved me right.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.