Page 71 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2161676869707172737475 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1195
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Then explain the New England Patriots who have for 20+ seasons moved players out with trades , releases or just letting them go . Antonio Brown became a locker room cancer and distraction. He was doing crazy **** in 2018 and while the team was losing he didn't care it seems. So the Steelers decided he had to go. This isn't the Steelers fault , players who become distractions get traded a lot.
    The Patriots got rid of guys when performance started dropping off, it had nothing to do with character. Belichick even tried to move Brady in favor of Jimmy G before Kraft overruled him on it. They get away with it because they are successful and players that try to push back against it are generally ignored, but make no mistake, it's an absolute disgrace for any team to chew up and spit out players like the Patriots do and no fan should condone it. Just imagine if your boss worked you to death and then threw you out on your ass at age 35 with no prospect for the future, doesn't sound so great does it?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    The Patriots got rid of guys when performance started dropping off, it had nothing to do with character. Belichick even tried to move Brady in favor of Jimmy G before Kraft overruled him on it. They get away with it because they are successful and players that try to push back against it are generally ignored, but make no mistake, it's an absolute disgrace for any team to chew up and spit out players like the Patriots do and no fan should condone it. Just imagine if your boss worked you to death and then threw you out on your ass at age 35 with no prospect for the future, doesn't sound so great does it?
    I’m gonna take a wild assed guess and say Patriots fans don’t give a **** as long as the team keeps on winning.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I’m gonna take a wild assed guess and say Patriots fans don’t give a **** as long as the team keeps on winning.
    No kidding. As long as Captain Hero-Pants is around, no New England fans will care a bit.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Moving on from Antonio Brown's latest silliness , we have to move the debate to what was said a couple weeks ago by the General Manager of the Arizona Cardinals. He proclaimed Kyler Murray was a generational talent.

Now I have to agree with what Westbrook and others said here. Murray has only played a little of 2 preseason games. He has flashed talent sure but its too soon to proclaim his greatness and believe that he's a generational talent right now. As Carter points out Murray is gonna need an offense where he's gotta be in roll outs and allowed to have a window passing wise at 5'10.

I know as a Chiefs fan a lot of people feel Murray will do what Mahomes did last year. Which again as a fan of KC , it stunned a lot of people what Mahomes did and how well he's done. I mean he's the 2018 NFL MVP of the season and nearly got KC into a Super Bowl on his own back. But have you heard me or the Chiefs GM or Reid proclaim Mahomes a Generational talent ? Reid has said Mahomes is good , but he never proclaimed he'd be a once in a life time star.

Because its unfair to Mahomes to put that weight on him even now. Pat Mahomes "could" be a huge star if he continues the trek he's on sure. I hope he can as a Chiefs fan. But imagine Kyler Murray who hasn't even done what Mahomes has and your GM is proclaiming how great your gonna be. Its not helping Murray to place a weight that he's gotta set the league on fire from the word go.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    This isn’t true. Jamie Collins was amazing and they got rid of him after an All Pro year because they didn’t like him freelancing. They didn’t want to pay Dion Lewis. Malcolm Butler won them a Super Bowl and was playing like a stud and they instead brought Gilmore over, have him the contract Butler wanted, then tossed Butler the next year. Amendola took pay cuts for years for them just to stay on the team and they didn’t bother to compete with Miami for him.

The Patriots just understand that having good scheme and coaching benefits the team more than any individual player and it’s worth more to have 5 B’a rather than 1 A and 4 C’s

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    This isn’t true. Jamie Collins was amazing and they got rid of him after an All Pro year because they didn’t like him freelancing. They didn’t want to pay Dion Lewis. Malcolm Butler won them a Super Bowl and was playing like a stud and they instead brought Gilmore over, have him the contract Butler wanted, then tossed Butler the next year. Amendola took pay cuts for years for them just to stay on the team and they didn’t bother to compete with Miami for him.

The Patriots just understand that having good scheme and coaching benefits the team more than any individual player and it’s worth more to have 5 B’a rather than 1 A and 4 C’s
    Plus one of the sad facts of the salary cap is if you overpay for more than one player your chances of playing more than one game in January take a major hit.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Frank Caliendo on Hardknocks was great
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

I won't claim to be a hardcore Bills fan or anything, but by all things, Josh Allen is looking even better and has a better supporting cast this year too.

Two-time Super Bowl champion Chris Long revealed that the Players Coalition recently removed Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross from the organization’s social justice working group. The push to remove Ross from the committee, which is comprised of both players and owners, came after news broke that he was hosting a fundraiser for President Trump's reelection campaign.

"Just read every mention here and they’re all pretty shortsighted," Long tweeted. "We’ve worked w/ a number of owners who lean conservative and have even supported trump in the past. However (and I have no idea why I’m explaining this because you’ll never concede the point).....He held a fundraiser for a guy who called protesting players “sons of bitches” + campaigned for them to lose jobs. The working group is directly involved. You can see how that’s a conflict of interest that transcends politics. I respect SR’s work w RISE. Don’t get it? Can’t help."
    I'm here for it.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Chris Long spits hot fire and i love it

Howie should be proud
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Chris Long spits hot fire and i love it

Howie should be proud
    Apparently Howie was shown on ESPN today saying, "That's my son!"
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Also, the first round of grades come out on teams from Pro Football Reference (they're pretty analytical when it comes to stat presentations) using AV:

Top 5 Overall WR Corps:
    1. LAR
    2. KC
    3. ATL
    4. NE
    5. CLE

Top 5 WR Depth Charts:
    1. KC
    2. NE
    3. ATL
    4. NO
    5. CAR/AZ/CLE

Top 5 WR starting 3:
    1. LAR
    2. ATL
    3. KC
    4. NO
    5. NE/PHI

Ranked teams with a Top 5 QB and Top 15 WR Corps:
    1. KC
    2. NE
    3. NO
    4. CLE
    5. PHI

Eagles QB is a top 5 QB!? And the Browns!?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Yesterday, I never did get around to posting the recap of a team perpetually on JJ Watt injury watch... it's... Why Your Team Sucks: The Houston Texans

From Texans fans:

Michael: "Do you know how much you have to absolutely suck to make a football team irrelevant in Texas??"

Jonathon: "Somehow the Patriots, of all teams, successfully accused us of cheating."

Greg: "We, the taxpayers of Harris County, paid $145,000,000 so we could have a football stadium with a retractable roof. Which we did until that fateful day in 2005 when we thought we could melt the Steelers by opening the roof in September and making them wear their black jerseys. They curb-stomped us and remained so pissed off that they won the Super Bowl.

And the Texans never opened the roof again. Not even on the most perfect of days. Not even for games that were completely meaningless to the entire NFL. Not even after two letters from me to the Texans. Can you believe that?

Neither can I. It sucks."

Daniel: "Evidently we do have a GM. It is a Mike Brown clone that will only emerge Kuato-like from Bill O’Brien’s chin to franchise tag players at positions they don’t even play. Pay Clowney, you dips***s."

Nic: " In the short amount of time that our perennially disappointing team has existed, we’ve managed to completely waste several generational talents. Andre Johnson’s career highlight was beating the **** out of Cortland Finnegan. Arian Foster’s career highlight was his supporting actor role in Draft Day (yes, I paid to see it on opening weekend). Just a few years ago, JJ Watt was living proof that a defensive player could never win the NFL MVP in the modern era. There was a stretch, circa-2014, where he was objectively the scariest Texan on defense AND offense. And yet what have those generational talents amount to? Pretty much nothing.

When someone asks why I root for the Texans, I have to explain to them that it was to spite my family full of Cowboys fans. I was born into rooting for the most popular team in the NFL, but instead choose to support the Texans... the least popular NFL team in the state of Texas, right behind the Cowboys and the Oilers. I’m an ***hole."
    Last edited by worstblogever; 08-22-2019 at 06:01 AM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Apparently Howie was shown on ESPN today saying, "That's my son!"
    I heard the whole Chris Long interview, it was brilliant. Someone needs to pay this guy to sit in front of a mic on Sundays this season and be the color guy.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I heard the whole Chris Long interview, it was brilliant. Someone needs to pay this guy to sit in front of a mic on Sundays this season and be the color guy.
    The Long's are my favorite football family.

Even the youngest and dumbest one says some pretty good stuff.