Page 20 of 80 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast

"Below is a list of headlines from Brown since the 2017 season ended:

• Brown took to Instagram to publicly call out his girlfriend and mother of his children for not taking care of her children from a previous relationship.

• Brown skipped most of OTAs after he saw Roethlisberger wasn't there. Roethlisberger later admitted he had a pre-planned family vacation during the optional practices.

• Brown slammed the media on first day of mandatory minicamp, appearing to question why he plays, saying, “Am I playing football to make a lot of money or am I playing football to take care of my family?” Brown continued, saying the media puts pressure on him and that he is unable to go out in public because of it.

• Brown showed up in a helicopter to training camp.

• Brown disappeared for a week during training camp. Mike Tomlin claimed that he had been sent to Pittsburgh for medical tests, but Brown was filmed in a pool in Miami.

• Brown reportedly called Bouchette a “racist” after Bouchette tweeted that Brown was limping at training camp. He then called Bouchette a “clown” on Twitter. Reportedly, Brown apologized to Bouchette.

• Brown showed up more than four hours late to an event at Children’s Hospital, offering no explanation as to why he was so late.

• Brown makes a joke in a GQ article about cheating on his girlfriend and mother of children, saying “it’s kind of hard to keep it in my pants.”

• Brown threatened to assault ESPN’s The Undefeated reporter Jesse Washington, saying “wait to I see you bro we gone see what your jaw like.” Brown then issued public apology, then went on strange tirade to media in which he called himself an ”exceptionalism.”

• Brown was spotted by CBS cameras hugging former Browns offensive coordinator Todd Haley during a game against Cleveland. He then was caught bragging about reaching 10,000 career receiving yards to Haley on team’s Snapchat, minutes after the 21-21 tie.

• Brown was seen yelling at his offensive coordinator Randy Fichtner and wide receivers coach Derryl Drake on sideline. He then left the locker room before media could ask him about it vs Chiefs.

• Brown tweeted "trade me let's find out" when criticized on Twitter by former Steelers public relations staffer Ryan Scarpino.

• Brown failed to show up for Monday meetings after the Chiefs game. He then told the media he was “pissed off” because “we suck.”

• Brown was sued for trashing his Florida apartment and then claimed he had $80,000 in cash and a gun stolen from him. He was also sued for tossing furniture from 14th floor of his apartment building, nearly hitting and, potentially, killing a 22-month-old toddler.

• Brown was cited for driving in excess of 100 miles per hour on McKnight Road, which was over 55 miles per hour more than the posted speed limit. Brown reportedly told police that he was late for a team meeting.

• Brown repeatedly posted his personal accolades on social media after Steelers losses, including a crucial 31-28 loss in New Orleans.

• Brown reportedly got into a disagreement with Roethlisberger in practice, throws football at him and leaves practice.

• Brown reportedly skips the team’s walkthrough the day before Bengals game, shows up before game, is told he won’t play and leaves at halftime."

https://937thefan.radio.com/articles...t-bizarre-year
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    In a blow to KC , they lost Mitch Morse as center to the Buffalo Bills. This is not gonna help Mahomes who has a chemistry with that offensive line. I wish KC had kept him. Now KC has to either draft or sign one.
    I was hoping for Paradis, but Morse is 3 years younger, so I guess I'm cool with that. And I don't think the drop off is that great. So, we look to be adding Gore, Kevin Johnson, and Tyler Croft along with Morse. Still hoping for a couple more splashes before Wednesday. I'd love to see a combo of Roger Saffold and Daryl Williams. That'd do a lot to shore up our line and allow us to maybe look at a pass rusher at 9 in the draft. If we can get a Wide Receiver like Tyrell Williams or John Brown, I'm really starting to feel next year.

Jacksonville has signed Nick Foles. Jaguars went from 12-4 to 4-12, and with Foles as QB they will go 12-4 again.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The Eagles will sign DT Malik Jackson to a three year, $30 million dollar deal after he was cut by Jacksonville in a cap related move. Oh, yeah, the Birds also re-upped LT Jason Peters to a one year deal for $10 million with $5 million up front.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    "Below is a list of headlines from Brown since the 2017 season ended:

• Brown took to Instagram to publicly call out his girlfriend and mother of his children for not taking care of her children from a previous relationship.

• Brown skipped most of OTAs after he saw Roethlisberger wasn't there. Roethlisberger later admitted he had a pre-planned family vacation during the optional practices.

• Brown slammed the media on first day of mandatory minicamp, appearing to question why he plays, saying, “Am I playing football to make a lot of money or am I playing football to take care of my family?” Brown continued, saying the media puts pressure on him and that he is unable to go out in public because of it.

• Brown showed up in a helicopter to training camp.

• Brown disappeared for a week during training camp. Mike Tomlin claimed that he had been sent to Pittsburgh for medical tests, but Brown was filmed in a pool in Miami.

• Brown reportedly called Bouchette a “racist” after Bouchette tweeted that Brown was limping at training camp. He then called Bouchette a “clown” on Twitter. Reportedly, Brown apologized to Bouchette.

• Brown showed up more than four hours late to an event at Children’s Hospital, offering no explanation as to why he was so late.

• Brown makes a joke in a GQ article about cheating on his girlfriend and mother of children, saying “it’s kind of hard to keep it in my pants.”

• Brown threatened to assault ESPN’s The Undefeated reporter Jesse Washington, saying “wait to I see you bro we gone see what your jaw like.” Brown then issued public apology, then went on strange tirade to media in which he called himself an ”exceptionalism.”

• Brown was spotted by CBS cameras hugging former Browns offensive coordinator Todd Haley during a game against Cleveland. He then was caught bragging about reaching 10,000 career receiving yards to Haley on team’s Snapchat, minutes after the 21-21 tie.

• Brown was seen yelling at his offensive coordinator Randy Fichtner and wide receivers coach Derryl Drake on sideline. He then left the locker room before media could ask him about it vs Chiefs.

• Brown tweeted "trade me let's find out" when criticized on Twitter by former Steelers public relations staffer Ryan Scarpino.

• Brown failed to show up for Monday meetings after the Chiefs game. He then told the media he was “pissed off” because “we suck.”

• Brown was sued for trashing his Florida apartment and then claimed he had $80,000 in cash and a gun stolen from him. He was also sued for tossing furniture from 14th floor of his apartment building, nearly hitting and, potentially, killing a 22-month-old toddler.

• Brown was cited for driving in excess of 100 miles per hour on McKnight Road, which was over 55 miles per hour more than the posted speed limit. Brown reportedly told police that he was late for a team meeting.

• Brown repeatedly posted his personal accolades on social media after Steelers losses, including a crucial 31-28 loss in New Orleans.

• Brown reportedly got into a disagreement with Roethlisberger in practice, throws football at him and leaves practice.

• Brown reportedly skips the team’s walkthrough the day before Bengals game, shows up before game, is told he won’t play and leaves at halftime."

https://937thefan.radio.com/articles...t-bizarre-year
    And how much of that behavior was influenced to some degree by him being in a toxic Pittsburgh locker room with zero accountability and rampant factionalism? Not saying that the Raiders would be any better of an environment, but there is certainly a pattern of irresponsible and unprofessional behavior coming from Steelers players and it's absurd to single Brown out for being a bad egg.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The Eagles will sign DT Malik Jackson to a three year, $30 million dollar deal after he was cut by Jacksonville in a cap related move. Oh, yeah, the Birds also re-upped LT Jason Peters to a one year deal for $10 million with $5 million up front.
    Jason Peters is 100% worth the money. And unlike Lane Johnson, he doesn't miss games for 'roids.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Ja’Waun James and Kareem Jacks go to Denver for $85M.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Zona, Giants, and the Bucs have a lot of work to do, too. Moreso than the Niners IMHO.

Hah! I forgot about their dumpster fire in progress. Raiders and Jets still have a shot.
    I'm not sure if the Broncos will be a conference basement dweller. Its certainly possible but I just don't know. My expectations are quite low, but really the only thing right now that remains a trainwreck is QB. That whole saga has just been and continues to be a joke. But unfortunately that's also the most important position in the league. I do like on paper the coaching staff they've constructed, and they DO have talent, not Super Bowl level talent anymore by any means but some talent, but yeah. I'd probably be more confident that things would get righted in short order like usual if Bowlen was still around. But there's even discord there now on an ownership level. Maybe they'll be average, maybe they'll be absolutely awful still.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'd probably be more confident that things would get righted in short order like usual if Bowlen was still around. But there's even discord there now on an ownership level. Maybe they'll be average, maybe they'll be absolutely awful still.
    Yah, having the ownership discord has to be tough on Elway and all the other management there. They also need a sponsor for the stadium. Should have approved the Cannabis company as sponsor, its just so fitting with the Denver area right now.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Bills upgrade their receiving corps, signing Cole Beasley and Josh Brown.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Got an alert from Bleacher Report that OBJ was traded to Cleveland.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

The Browns just won the offseason.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Le'Von Bell be like "BITCHES WHAT ABOUT ME?"
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

ESPN reports the deal was for the Browns 1st round pick (#17), a 3rd round pick and safety Jabrill Peppers.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

what april fools joke of a world did I just wake up in?