Page 63 of 80 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast

I'm gonna laugh if Dak walks later and then ends up a champ.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    He benched him because he did a rare thing...he fumbled once in a game. Allen had a record for barely fumbling but Davis got angry he fumbled in a game and blamed him for this. He then started drafting and trading for RB's to keep Marcus on the bench.

1991 - Davis signed Roger Craig as a plan B free agent. His career was near done by Davis made him the starter over Allen. He also drafted Nick Bell in 2nd rd to replace Allen as well.
    1992 - Davis traded for Eric Dickerson and made him the starter over Allen again.

After being treated this way for 2 seasons Allen left in free agency. Davis tried saying Allen was too old etc. But as Allen showed in games against the Raiders ; teaching Al Davis a lesson in great performances became his sole desire. And he did.
    And he went to the Chiefs, too! Thats how you get under a Raider's skin.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its claimed he just turned down $30+ million a year. WTF....and he wants more than Matt Ryan who has been a League MVP and been to a Super Bowl.
    Or Russell Wilson who WON a Super Bowl. Meanwhile, Prescott has won only one playoff game in three appearances. Methinks Dak is plenty full of himself.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 08-13-2019 at 01:06 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

4D chess. Dallas loves it's stars, and Dak is betting Jerry will overpay just so he doesn't have to find another decent quarterback that is the face of the franchise again.

If they were smart, they'd let him walk. Dak is replaceable.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HowitzerJoe View Post
    4D chess. Dallas loves it's stars, and Dak is betting Jerry will overpay just so he doesn't have to find another decent quarterback that is the face of the franchise again.

It can be argued that any success Prescott's had with Dallas was a direct result of having Ezekiel Elliott in the backfield taking the pressure off with his running game. Without Elliott, opposing defenses focused on Dak, and the results weren't at all pretty. If Jerrah is smart, he resigns Elliott and gets as much use out of him as possible before his running back shelf life expires and lets Prescott walk, because he AIN'T all that.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Jim Irsay: Andrew Luck has bone issue in his lower calf

Well, the Colts season is over before it even began. Where do we start?

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post

Been here before, honestly.

I feel better with Brissett than with the LIES and the ushering of that shitbird Kerry Collins.

There have been whispers, after all this news came about the 'calf' in April. Then Kevin Durrant happened and don't know body got time for that. Put him on IR now and actually Reich has a much more solid team than when this happened under 18 when his season hung in the balance for months. In NFL speak 'bone issue' sounds a lot like the worst type of 'bone issue' there is. The think about the future kind of thing, hard to say. They can still win the South if you ask me though.

Now I wonder how much was this issue before when it was reported. Luck against the Chefs was the worst Luck I've ever seen in a big game by far...
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post

Now I wonder how much was this issue before when it was reported. Luck against the Chefs was the worst Luck I've ever seen in a big game by far...
    Luck was 19/36 203 yds 1TD against the Chiefs in that play-off game Chiefs win 31-13

In the AFC championship game 'Deflategate' his stats were worse:
    12/33 125 yds 0 TDs 2 INTS Pats win 45-7

Guessing you either didn't see the 2015 AFC championship game or, understandably, turned it off.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    It can be argued that any success Prescott's had with Dallas was a direct result of having Ezekiel Elliott in the backfield taking the pressure off with his running game. Without Elliott, opposing defenses focused on Dak, and the results weren't at all pretty. If Jerrah is smart, he resigns Elliott and gets as much use out of him as possible before his running back shelf life expires and lets Prescott walk, because he AIN'T all that.
    But how do you teach another QB the system before Jerrah is dead or senile?

Realistically this is Jerry's last shot at him seeing Dallas get back to the Super Bowl. To me, he pays them both big time. He can afford it and, lets face it, the rest of the team is bargain basement.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by DungeonmasterJim View Post
    Luck was 19/36 203 yds 1TD against the Chiefs in that play-off game Chiefs win 31-13

In the AFC championship game 'Deflategate' his stats were worse:
    12/33 125 yds 0 TDs 2 INTS Pats win 45-7

Guessing you either didn't see the 2015 AFC championship game or, understandably, turned it off.
    Except ain't nobody make a single mention of his goddamn numbers, so don't guess there.

I said he looked out of it that game, I've seen every game the man has played and he just didn't have it going. He wore this beat look on his face before the game was even over. Didn't even participate on the field in the wind and cold before Mahomes goofy ass did and that's not like him.

9/10 times Chiefs vs. Colts goes 1 way and Luck himself had a hand in writing a chapter in that book in his second year. I get the Colts were playing with house money and he didn't have the health of his best receiver, nobody stopped Roller, I get it all that ****, he just didn't have it in that game.

But since you're the cute one today, the AFC Championship game was much more a total team loss from coaching on down.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Let's do a double-header today to make up for lost time... First up, a team that seems like they can't string together two winning seasons in a row... it's...

Why Your Team Sucks: The Carolina Panthers

From Panthers' fans:

Michael: "They are going to go 7-9, that wet fart of a record. It’s going to happen the same way it always does: they’ll start off hot, looking like a legit Super Bowl contender, then in week 9 some mutant DE will shatter Cam’s shoulder and the team will be lucky if they manage 2 wins in the back half of the season.

I’m still not entirely sure if Christian McCaffrey is any good or if he is just considered good because Norv Turner has him run it 90 times a game. Norv Turner treats McCaffrey like a drunken frat boy treats a rental car. Riverboat Ron is more conservative than the NYT Opinion page and almost as dumb. If we don’t have a 27-point lead going into the 4th quarter I assume we’re gonna lose."
    Steve: "I can already hear the calls to start Will Grier over Cam and we’re still two weeks away from training camp. Jerry Richardson should be fisted by his own grotesque statue."
    Cam: "Cam Newton’s right shoulder, which I now presume looks like the ground beef from your local Save-a-Lot.

The worst part of it? The small but vocal section of the Panthers fanbase who will be glad if Cam can’t throw… despite his Super Bowl berth, an MVP, and literally giving his body to this franchise with next to nothing in return.

Jerry Richardson can go sit on a cactus."
    Miles: "The Panthers actively murder their best players. They turned Dan Morgan’s brain into pulled pork 15 years ago and haven’t looked back. Starting left tackle Michael Oher hasn’t played since 2016 because he’s on a dozen different brain medications and can’t come out of a dark room. In the 2016 season opener, the Broncos spent the entire game launching themselves into Cam Newton’s head (just one penalty!), and the team only held Cam out for a play. Later that season, he took a helmet-to-helmet shot on the goal line. The next season, it was the Falcons again with the cheap shot, but - again - Cam wasn’t pulled. Passing the Panthers’ concussion test is apparently as easy as getting into NC State.

Cam accounted for 50 total touchdowns during their 2015 run to the Super Bowl. He hasn’t come within 20 touchdowns of that number in any season since. If you believe that repeated brain injuries haven’t been a contributing factor, I’ve got a case of Nanobubbles to sell you.

They’re about to ruin the best middle linebacker since Ray Lewis. The image of Luke Kuechly dazed and sobbing on the medical cart was seared into the minds of everyone watching Sunday Night Football in 2016. Last year was the first full season he played in 4 years, missing games in each of the others with concussion problems.

The Packers have their cheesehead hats. The Bills have the Anchor Bar chicken wing hats. The Panthers should be selling giant foam Scrambled Eggs hats, because that’s what they’ve done to their players’ brains."
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Next up, it's the team that trended upward last year, but of course, that's easy to do when you go 1-31 in the prior two seasons... it's...
    Why Your Team Sucks: The Cleveland Browns

From Browns fans:

Charles: "The last time the Browns won a playoff game, the number one song in the country was “On Bended Knee” by Boyz II Men and the number one movie was Dumb And Dumber."
    Matt: "This is finally our year, so says everyone in Cleveland. They are fools. This is merely Lucy talking us into another try at kicking the ball."
    Michael: "The guy who went Ray Finkle on a teenage girl in a hotel got a second chance by John Dorsey. F*** Art Modell’s rotting, urine-soaked grave."
    Harrison: "My fiancee and I went to the home opener last year against the Steelers. It poured the entire game, but it was surprisingly competitive and we were on our feet with the rest of the crowd when we went into overtime. The stage was set for Zack Gonzalez to kick the winning FG. Blocked. Game over. Tie. Hundreds of us waited in the driving rain in absolute silence for an hour for the train to come pick us up, like we were being shipped off to the trenches at Verdun. That day I truly felt what it meant to be Sisyphus on the hill."
    Aaron: "Baker Mayfield will fall prey to whatever haunts this city and transform into Derek Anderson, Odell’s kneecaps will simultaneously explode in the middle of his first touchdown dance, and Freddie Kitchens will be launched into Lake Erie via catapult."
    Last edited by worstblogever; 08-14-2019 at 02:42 AM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HowitzerJoe View Post

He can tag Prescott for at least 2 seasons. Unless Prescott wins a NFL MVP and takes them farther in playoffs then I don't give him more money than Matt Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post

I said this last year when I suggested the Colts draft a QB because you don't know how healthy Andrew Luck really is each season. I even suggested they trade Luck and just use whatever team would think Luck has "name" value to get a bunch of draft picks just in case. Due to the guys health.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Elliott won't live up to the contract he demands. Teams are going to start realizing you don't pay running backs top coin. You pay the blockers, and just replace the back. Steelers were just as effective on offense without Bell, and the Rams got great production out of CJ Anderson. Chiefs kept rolling without Kareem Hunt. The difference in productivity is not worth the financial burden, and limited shelf life. Barkley, as great as he was as a rookie, can't help the Giants get wins like a top QB can. Dallas shouldn't bow down to Elliot.

And if Prescott can't pass the rock without a threat at running back, then he's not the guy. Cowboys should be looking to replace both Prescott, and Elliott. Both aren't worth what they'll demand.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 08-13-2019 at 09:14 PM.

Dak Prescott doesn't deserve the money that Ryan gets lol. Not even close.