Page 72 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2262686970717273747576 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1195

And now, the team who provided more references to "DOINK-DOINK" since the opening of Law & Order... it's... Why Your Team Sucks: The Chicago Bears

From Bears Fans:

Pete: "Since the Eisenhower administration, the Bears have basically been as successful as the Buccaneers and yet our fans act like we’re NFL royalty."
    Will: "Last season Ryan Pace swindled that cherry faced Luddite in Oakland out of a first ballot Hall of Famer and helped get this team from worst to first. We were all riding high, way out over our fucking skis. We asked ourselves “is this team better than ‘85?” because god forbid we spend one second of the year not marinating ourselves in Ditka brand au jus and thinking about those fucking dinosaurs. Then, because we live in a just universe sometimes, it all bounced right back in our faces on the last play of the year not once but TWICE. Just incredible. They should play that kick in a highlight reel before every game just to remind us all of the inevitable."
    Alexander: "I went to the tailgate for the Playoff game, and ran into my ex-girlfriend, who I haven’t seen in years. After we made eye contact, and awkwardly said hello to each other, I was introduced to her now to the man she cheated on with me with, then left me for, and is now her husband. Thanks to Cody Parkey, that was the second worst thing to happen to me that day."
    Kyle: "What did ONE season of coaching this team get Nagy? Four padded walls and a straitjacket while he mutters “double doink” through applesauce spittle."
    Nate:
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Apologies to WPP... it's... Why Your Team Sucks: The Philadelphia Eagles

From Eagles Fans:

Ryan: "During Ricky Watters’ return game in 1998, someone in the organization took the time to create a racially-accurate effigy with a Seahawks jersey, tie a rope to it and to our mascot’s ATV, and gave the go ahead for Swoop to hit the throttle and drag this thing around the sidelines like he was in Central Mississipi and not Veteran’s Stadium (not much of a difference now that I think about it)."
    Bertrand: "I can’t wait for another season of watching Jalen Mills eat **** on every stop and go route. At this point I don’t know why opposing offenses would call any play not directed at Mills."
    Jack: "You know I’m gonna have to listen to dips*** comments whine 'Should’ve kept Foles!' if Wentz has the audacity to not win the Super Bowl this year."

Ken: "Pretend you live in an alternate universe, where letting a Super Bowl-winning QB leave is lauded as a good thing, bringing back an aging, one trick pony of a WR is considered the big offseason move, and handing 107 million dollars to a QB that hasn’t been able to stay healthy since high school is a shrewd business decision."

That gif is hysterical....
    Dark does not mean deep.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    That is EPIC.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

So I'm watching some classic games people have uploaded to youtube. One seems to have uploaded the complete 1980 season of Houston Oilers. The classic LOVE YA BLUE period where fans loved the cowboy hat wearing Bum Phillips. As one ex-player joked Bum Phillips was Texas and folks identified so much with him.

The Oilers under Phillips was known more for the hard edge running game of Earl Campbell who would lead the league in rushing a number of seasons. The team really had no passing attack and watching brief parts of games you see them hand the ball off to Campbell on 1st , 2nd down and barely throw. The team was knocking on the door for years in the division next to Steelers. But alas their 1 dimensional playing would always cost them in playoffs.

This put pressure on Phillips as the owner demanded the team get to a Super Bowl in 1980 after 2-3 seasons of getting to the playoffs and losing. Phillips made a trade for Kenny "The Snake" Stabler from the Raiders who had seen better years. He was a former Super Bowl winning QB with the Raiders so the trade for QB's and adding Dave Casper seemed like a no brainer move to give Stabler a weapon in passing game he knew. (That was 1st and 2nd rd picks for him)

The moves didn't help the Oilers sadly. Stabler wasn't a deep throwing QB. A fact the announcers said he was a nickel/dime QB who would slowly eat a team up passing wise. Plus he was 34 when the trade happened. Sure Casper caught a career high in passes , teams still geared to stop Campbell and didn't fear a passing from Houston then.

The team still made the playoffs but a wild card exit cost Bum Phillips his job after 5 seasons. His exit killed the Love Ya Blue period and fans were pissed. Bud Adams guessed wrong in the move and from 1982 to 1986 the team went 16-57 and had 4 head coaches. It wasn't til Jerry Glanville arrived and brought the run & shoot offense for Warren Moon did things get better.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

While I'm not a Miami fan , this game features Hall of Fame QB , Dan Marino in 1991. At the height of his power Marino showcases his arm and could buy some time with his legs. Sadly for Marino 2 seasons later he would suffer an injury to his foot and it would make him even less mobile back there.

Overall its also nice to see a period where the New England Patriots actually sucked. Given that for the last 20+ years they have seemingly been winning Super Bowls are in playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    It's the best gif of "Eagles fans thrilled after winning a Super Bowl".

Because I'm not posting ones of people eating things they shouldn't, or climbing greased poles. Subway guy is the best.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Just got an alert from Bleacher Report saying the Colts’ Andrew Luck is retiring. WOW!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Andrew Luck is retiring. Confirmed by Adam Schefter. Already met with the Colts organization about it. There will be a press conference.

Hol-ee crap.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Wow

Bummer for Indy
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Bummer for Indy.

Really kind of shocking but then again given all that he's had to deal with injury-wise, I guess the notion that he's "mentally worn down" isn't totally out of the question.

On Twitter, one of the repeated mentions is people saying "****! I just drafted him in my fantasy league".
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

So who's the favorite in the AFC South now? Jacksonville with Foles, or the Texans?

I'm kind of thinking the Jags.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Bummer for Indy.

Really kind of shocking but then again given all that he's had to deal with injury-wise, I guess the notion that he's "mentally worn down" isn't totally out of the question.

On Twitter, one of the repeated mentions is people saying "****! I just drafted him in my fantasy league".
    Especially if he can figure out that the Colts can't seem to understand that pocket passers need an offensive line. Irsay always seemed to neglect that little facet of the game.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    So who's the favorite in the AFC South now? Jacksonville with Foles, or the Texans?

I'm kind of thinking the Jags.
    Lamar Miller appears to have torn his ACL, that would put him out for the year. So....Jags, because no one else is in a position to take it.
    Dark does not mean deep.