Page 1 of 80 123451151 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Default NFL 2019 Off-Season thread

With 2 weeks left the 2018 season will be in the books. So any off-season news regarding the 2019 NFL Draft , Free Agency and coaching moves will come here. Anyhow lets start this off....

https://www.phillyvoice.com/carson-w...t-team-player/

All is not well in Philadelphia folks. It appears that the team is split over reports how Carson Wentz ran the system in 2018. Given his health and what he struggled back from an ACL/MCL injury. The report claims the Eagles are not happy with Zack Ertz being thrown to so much as the offense struggled. Of course hours after this report came out various Eagles players spoke up for Wentz on twitter.

NFL.Com ranked the top 52 MVP seasons by a player and as the analyst admits , its a foregone conclusion. This guy will be the 52nd MVP in the Super Bowl era of the NFL.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...o-lead-the-way

In more NFL News -

- The Titans promoted TE Coach Arthur Smith to Offensive Coordinator

- The Dolphins are expected to hire Patrick Graham as Defensive Coordinator. The Dolphins haven't named their coach yet but its expected that this is who Brian Flores wants. Flores can't be hired til after the Super Bowl.

-
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

NFL News ...

- The Chiefs waited 2 days and named Steve Spagnuolo as the new Defensive Coordinator. Spagnuolo has his work cut out for him as the Chiefs defense ranked near last in total defense last season.

- Chiefs LB Dee Ford is expected to be tagged more than likely and he doesn't mind it. Ford had a break through season and had 13 sacks as a OLB .

- The Bengals VP of Personal this weekend discussed Andy Dalton (QB) and that the team remains comfortable with Dalton. Of course they will view players of course . Dalton is due $16 million in 2019 but is not guaranteed.

- Cam Newton underwent his 2nd shoulder surgery in 2 seasons this past week. The Panthers reported it was a minor surgery and Newton should be recovering soon. This lingering shoulder injury finally knocked Newton out the last 2 weeks of the season. Newton's 1st surgery was for a torn totator cuff he suffered.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Got an alert from Bleacher Report saying Washington’s Alex Smith will miss all of 2019 after that gruesome leg injury he suffered last season. Looks like the Deadskins will have to look for a quarterback in the offseason.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Got an alert from Bleacher Report saying Washington’s Alex Smith will miss all of 2019 after that gruesome leg injury he suffered last season. Looks like the Deadskins will have to look for a quarterback in the offseason.
    As the NFL Article claims its a very slim chance Smith could play. Due to complications he has suffered from his leg injury its held back his progress. Also he may end up calling it a career as the injury is that gruesome.

Speaking of other QB's still playing....Tom Brady today SHUT DOWN talk quick he's retiring after a Super Bowl appearance (his 9th). Brady told a reporter there is NO CHANCE he's retiring and he will be back in 2019 at age 42.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I wonder if they'll sign someone like Ryan Tannehill or Blake Bortles as a stopgap and draft a kid.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I wonder if they'll sign someone like Ryan Tannehill or Blake Bortles as a stopgap and draft a kid.
    I honestly wonder if they will pick up a QB who hasn't played since 2011 and proclaim how , well he's not played since then but knows Jay Gruden's system then.

Its been said Washington should draft Murray and add some excitement to the QB position. But given how they got stung badly by RGIII I can't see them doing it. Odds are I do see them likely getting into trying to get Nick Foles.

NFL News ...

- Speaking of the Redskins ; the team has moved Offensive Coordinator Matt Cavanaugh to a special offensive assistant and elevated passing game coordinator Kevin O'Connell to OC. This is a heck of an elevation for O'Connell who is a former Patriot who bounced around a few seasons as a backup QB. Before becoming a coach and slowly working his way up.

- The Packers will bring back Jimmy Graham (TE) for another season . There was talk the Packers may move on due to Graham's 1st bad season with the Packers and his salary cap number. He's due a $5 million bonus in March and will count nearly $4 million as well against the cap. But the Packers seem intent on bringing Graham back for another season.

- The Colts resigned guard Mark Glowinski to a 3 year contract worth $18+ million . The Colts will return all 5 starters on the offensive line next year now and only gave up 18 sacks last year. Shockingly the Colts let their offensive line coach go 2 weeks ago in Dave DeGuglielmo who helped this unit as well as his assistant who went to Buffalo.

More NFL News ...

- The Cowboys have named Kellen Moore the new Offensive Coordinator replacing Scott Linehan. Moore is a wild case where just 2 seasons ago he was actually ahead of Dak Prescott on the depth chart at QB before breaking his ankle. Moore retired and became a coach and now a year into that the 29 year old is now the new OC. Jon Kitna who coached a HS football team for the last 7 seasons will now become the new QB Coach in Dallas.

- Patrick Peterson told a crowd of fans that he plans to stay with Arizona and apologized for asking for a trade last season. Peterson was frustrated with the system the team was running but now seems happy to be staying in Arizona.

BANNED

Raiders have 4 picks in the first 35 picks and 6 picks in the first 100 picks.
    They better not blow it.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    - The Cowboys have named Kellen Moore the new Offensive Coordinator replacing Scott Linehan. Moore is a wild case where just 2 seasons ago he was actually ahead of Dak Prescott on the depth chart at QB before breaking his ankle. Moore retired and became a coach and now a year into that the 29 year old is now the new OC. Jon Kitna who coached a HS football team for the last 7 seasons will now become the new QB Coach in Dallas.
    Speaking of coaches in Small D, it looks like Jerrah won't extend Jason Garrett's contract:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...retts-contract

Panthers DE Julius Peppers has just announced his retirement, and he is almost certainly HOF bound.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

I take it you guys are done with the season since NE is in again?

BTW: Moore is going to be a good coach. I just hope he can get out of Dallas sooner than later.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I take it you guys are done with the season since NE is in again?
    Might as well be done. I'm not even gonna watch the game on Sunday, I've already decided to binge my newest passion, Midsomer Murders on Britbox.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Panthers DE Julius Peppers has just announced his retirement, and he is almost certainly HOF bound.
    That's too bad. I have never not been a football fan without Julius Peppers in the League. Since his rookie year, he's only not played a full 16 games once. And at 38 years old, he still managed to get 5 sacks. He's easily a first ballot hall of famer for longevity alone, but he's was as fierce a defender as you could possibly have.

In sad news Troy Aikman announced that his former backup QB and long time player Wade Wilson has passed away. Wilson played 19 seasons in the NFL for a variety of teams. His best years was 1987/1988 where he took the Minnesota Vikings to a NFC Championship game and then led the league in passing rating the next season. He became Aikman's backup QB in the mid 1990's where he won a Super Bowl.

Wilson became a QB coach for the Bears and Cowboys after his career was over. He was 60 years old.