Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 30707677787980
Results 1,186 to 1,195 of 1195
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    And Patrick Mahomes will pass Goff quick, fast, and in a hurry.
    Someone threw out an early number last year that if Mahomes keeps doing what he has , he could likely demand $120 million fully guaranteed and possibly challenge Russell Wilson's overall deal he just signed.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I'm happy with the Goff extension, he actually has made it to the Super Bowl unlike many who have gotten the big money lately.

Meanwhile, Dallas signed Zeke. Six years, 90 million. Biggest deal for a running back in NFL history.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/e...-say-about-it/

And Dak Prescott breathes a heavy sigh of relief.
    There was fears that Zeke could end up like Gurley with his banged up knees. A RB doesn't have a long life in NFL. The fear is there of course. It shocks me that they gave him $50 million guaranteed. Also Dallas been signing a lot of players to new deals and have threw out a lot of guaranteed money the next 4-5 years.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Why Your Team Sucks ended today with the New England Patriots. Naturally, most people are inclined to not by sympathetic to Patriots fans since the team wins all the time and is blessed with a man who seemingly refuses to age or get injured. Nonetheless, my highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey
    I watch maybe 5 Pats games during the regular season. I can name like 4 active players (make that 3 since Gronk retired with his remaining brain cells). I often find myself reflecting on all of the bullshit that I have endured over the past 18 years: spy-gate, deflate-gate, Tom Brady’s fucking MAGA hat and his witch-doctor trainer, Belichick’s love letters to Donald Trump, and Bob Kraft’s Florida prostitutes. There is no logical way to justify being a fan of this team.

And yet, every year when Super Bowl Sunday rolls around, and the Pats are inevitably in that Super Bowl, I put on my Tom Brady jersey, show up at a bar, and call anyone an ******* that points out all of the obvious things I’ve highlighted above.

No one could hate me more than I hate myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinghis
    Brady’s six rings now ensures that every goddamn two-bit, mouth breathing shithead from the overmonied depths of Connecticut to the distant might-as-well-be-Canada barren wasteland of Northern Maine will be making Marvel References and Brady/Thanos jokes from here till the end of their (hopefully) brief lives.
    Quote Originally Posted by David
    The Patriots as an organization couldn’t care less about any fan who either makes less than $250K a/year or hasn’t been a season ticket holder since the ‘80s. Not only do we have the 2nd highest ticket prices in the league but every piece of swag is priced about 30% higher than most teams. At the Foxboro Under-Armour Tom Brady shrine/store a “199" (his draft number) t-shirt costs 60 fucking dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    The Rams at least have a proven, viable window. Thats more than you can say for 90 percent of the teams, who only think they have a window. Every window closes eventually, though.

Either way, Goff deserves it for his season play (plus longevity, he never got hurt for long) and his playoff performance. Hard to blame any team who gets so snookered by Belichick and Brady as they did in the Super Bowl. Thats a tough nut to crack.
    Belichick just game-planned against Goff's weakness... he's McVay's puppet, and he doesn't know what to do against a defense unless McVay tells him in his earpiece. So Belichek was just audbiling the defense to mask coverages, and Goff was goddamned lost.

They paid THAT kid. And I'm sure no other teams will follow the Patriots' lead of how to exploit Goff's weaknesses to beat the Rams' offense.

I'm of the mind Goff just got way overpaid based on that. And that when the contracts of the O-Line protecting him, or say, some of the solid members of the Rams' secondary come due... there won't be money to keep that talent.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Team cancer Antonio Brown decided to tweet the papers from the Raiders GM fining him for missing 2 practices only. Brown being the idiot of the off-season thus far tweeted out the picture of that with ; "When your own team want to hate, but there's no stopping me now devil is a lie. Everyone got to pay this year so we clear."
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Okay, I'm now on the AB is a tool train.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Okay, I'm now on the AB is a tool train.
    His contract lasts through 2022. Which, is at least not as long as Jon Gruden's one that goes through like 2028... but on the upside, as long as the Raiders have AB, it makes Gruden look like the sane, stable one.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Belichick just game-planned against Goff's weakness... he's McVay's puppet, and he doesn't know what to do against a defense unless McVay tells him in his earpiece. So Belichek was just audbiling the defense to mask coverages, and Goff was goddamned lost.

They paid THAT kid. And I'm sure no other teams will follow the Patriots' lead of how to exploit Goff's weaknesses to beat the Rams' offense.

I'm of the mind Goff just got way overpaid based on that. And that when the contracts of the O-Line protecting him, or say, some of the solid members of the Rams' secondary come due... there won't be money to keep that talent.
    Hindsight is 20/20. We'll see. The Goff/McVay team has been around for two years, made the playoffs their first year and the Super Bowl in their second year. You have to assume teams tried to figure them out after that first year and if it were that easy, the Rams wouldn't have gotten better in their second year, without Gurley for the most part even.

Keep figuring them out, NFL teams, its working! And suck it Saints!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Want to make things worse , now Brown and Raiders GM got into a verbal altercation during a practice with Brown yelling how he'd hit him in the face. Then punting a football.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...e-from-raiders

Now the Raiders are looking at a situation of , WTF did we just walk into here ?

NFL Network's Mike Silver reported the situation between the Raiders and Brown might be unsalvageable.

"It started with, 'Wow, this guy's a little out there but we can manage it,'" Silver explained on NFL NOW. "Then it was, 'We have a problem but if we're really, really nice to him and we just tell him that we're on his side he'll be OK.' Then they went the good cop/bad cop, with Mike Mayock obviously playing the bad cop. I can not see this at this point being salvageable. This is a situation where you have one player adhering to a completely different set of rules in multiple areas. ...

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Want to make things worse , now Brown and Raiders GM got into a verbal altercation during a practice with Brown yelling how he'd hit him in the face. Then punting a football.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...e-from-raiders

Now the Raiders are looking at a situation of , WTF did we just walk into here ?
    Talk about it in the other thread friend. It's the start of the NFL season officially.

Quote Originally Posted by HowitzerJoe View Post
    Talk about it in the other thread friend. It's the start of the NFL season officially.
    Not til 8pm ...and this is happening before the Raiders season has started.