Page 34 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, that distinction won't last long, what with Jared Goff and Carson Wentz due for new deals in a year or so.
    Honestly I'd want 1 more good year out of Goff before I'd hand him $100+ million guaranteed. I'd want that from him before i hand that much money out because its $25+ million a year cap wise going there. Wentz if I'm the Eagles ; well I'd want him to show he can be healthy a full season. Because he's missed games the last 2 seasons and Wentz is claiming he's still healing up from his back issue.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Honestly I'd want 1 more good year out of Goff before I'd hand him $100+ million guaranteed. I'd want that from him before i hand that much money out because its $25+ million a year cap wise going there. Wentz if I'm the Eagles ; well I'd want him to show he can be healthy a full season. Because he's missed games the last 2 seasons and Wentz is claiming he's still healing up from his back issue.
    Nothing wrong with anything you said, but those talking points won't stop the agents for Goff and Wentz from shooting for the stars. They'll probably bring up the rationale that their clients are part of the league's new wave of up and coming young QB's and should be lavished with fat new contracts on that premise alone, and if the Rams and Eagles won't pony up when the time comes, somebody else will. Oh, yeah, forgot about Patrick Mahomes, if he turns out to be more than just a one year flash in the pan, he'll no doubt command a similar sort of outrageous new deal.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

As a Rams fan, I'm kind of hoping Goff gets traded rather than a huge new deal. He's a system quarterback who has been given all the tools possible by an offensive genius to look better than he actually is at the position.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Nothing wrong with anything you said, but those talking points won't stop the agents for Goff and Wentz from shooting for the stars. They'll probably bring up the rationale that their clients are part of the league's new wave of up and coming young QB's and should be lavished with fat new contracts on that premise alone, and if the Rams and Eagles won't pony up when the time comes, somebody else will. Oh, yeah, forgot about Patrick Mahomes, if he turns out to be more than just a one year flash in the pan, he'll no doubt command a similar sort of outrageous new deal.
    Mahomes has 2 more seasons to wait right now. KC is getting things ready to extend him , Jones and possibly Hill (if he gets cleared) . But even I think the Chiefs need to see how well he does in year 2 and 3 before throwing $100+ million guaranteed.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

In NFL News ; Kyler Murray cancelled a meeting with the Washington Redskins. Murray has visited the Cardinals and Giants. But seemingly the belief is he won't fall to the Redskins when they pick. So he cancelled that meeting. Which isn't wise to do since no one knows how a NFL Draft will fall out in a week.

In NFL News ; Kyler Murray cancelled a meeting with the Washington Redskins. Murray has visited the Cardinals and Giants. But seemingly the belief is he won't fall to the Redskins when they pick. So he cancelled that meeting. Which isn't wise to do since no one knows how a NFL Draft will fall out in a week.
    I don't know if it's just media spin, but it feels like Murray has just been spending this whole process trying to undermine himself.

NFL schedule has been released.

https://twitter.com/NFLResearch/stat...65963937779712

Some interesting notes:

- Baltimore has a home/road game in every alternating week one after the other. I don't think that's every happened for any team before.

- Oakland has it rough with essentially 5 straight road games from week 3 to week 8: at Vikings, at Colts, vs. Bears in London, BYE, at Packers, at Texans. They won't be at home for more than a month.

- Patriots schedule looks like a cakewalk with the usual AFC East slate, and facing the NFC East this year. Should have at least 12 wins.

- As a 49ers fan, our schedule looks tough. Especially in December. At least we aren't going to London I guess.

BTW, I guess Rosen was left out of the Cardinals schedule video. Kind of funny, but with other little stories like this sprinkling down in recent days (like not being available for open media session at the Cardinals facility), it seems more and more that he's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post

Some interesting notes:

- Baltimore has a home/road game in every alternating week one after the other. I don't think that's every happened for any team before.

- Oakland has it rough with essentially 5 straight road games from week 3 to week 8: at Vikings, at Colts, vs. Bears in London, BYE, at Packers, at Texans. They won't be at home for more than a month.

- Patriots schedule looks like a cakewalk with the usual AFC East slate, and facing the NFC East this year. Should have at least 12 wins.

- As a 49ers fan, our schedule looks tough. Especially in December. At least we aren't going to London I guess.
    - Baltimore is the 4th team since the 1978 change to get a balanced schedule.

- Oakland got screwed yes, but Miami and Tampa have it worse.

- Patriots winning percentage during the dynasty is nearly the same versus their division as it is versus the other 27 teams. They also are the only team playing in 5 primetime games AND facing a league high 3 teams coming off byes. I see the irrational hater bandwagon is back.

- Rams might have it tough in the beginning but they appear to be the only team ON PAPER that can win 12 or more games.

- Seahawks got 5 primetime games, too, and they have a stunning 26 wins in primetime with Carol.

- Niners got screwed, too. If they survive the road heavy section, they got a tough home set after that. That 13 consecutive games to finish the season is brutal enough.

- Strength of schedule is a dumb metric anyway and has never been right yet. The post op version usually is.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 04-18-2019 at 12:05 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Indeed. Who's to say the Deadskins won't find a way to move up in the Draft? You never know.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post

Some interesting notes:

I feel like I know what the tagline for Thursday Night Football on Oct. 31st should be...

"Thursday Night Football on Halloween... Cardinals... 49ers... Two teams who were awful last year in a matchup that sucks so bad it's SCARY... "
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Indeed. Who's to say the Deadskins won't find a way to move up in the Draft? You never know.
    The Redskins should look at Daniel Jones. That guy is climbing on everyone's radar. Its said he's the smartest QB in the draft. The Patriots have had him for a visit.

One QB the Saints may look at for replacing Drew Brees is....Trace McSorley. A not as much hyped QB ala Jones , Murray etc. But has some of the biggest comeback wins and as some team mates claimed has more heart than most. Its said he broke his foot before halftime of his last game. Put a special boot on and came back to throw 3 TD passes. He just seems to push his team to wins and comebacks.

The comparison to Brees is there too.

- He's 6'0 and has same size to Brees.

- He's coming from a Pittsburgh college.

- A game isn't over with him as starter.

Lawyers claim someone is trying to sell the Kraft video

Which begs the following question: Who the **** wants to watch some paunchy, 77 year old white dude getting his freak on?

Lawyers claim someone is trying to sell the Kraft video

Which begs the following question: Who the **** wants to watch some paunchy, 77 year old white dude getting his freak on?
    Trump fans do.