Page 69 of 80 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1195

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Brown's contract is took big for NE to take on.
    And it is unlikely Belichick will import that kind of crazy.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Especially since he’s got Josh Gordon in camp, and that’s enough of a headache.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Watching a classic 1979 Monday Night Football game with Cleveland Browns vs Dallas Cowboys.

Several tidbits

- Brian Sipe was a 13th rd draft choice (330th overall) and had 3 years earlier beaten out the Browns supposed #1 draft pick in 1970 Mike Phipps. Phipps would finally be let go but his disaster . Sipe would engineer the Kardiac Kats in 1980 with wild wins and in this showed what type of QB he really was. He would later win a NFL MVP award in 1980 season. Sipe however wasn't happy with Browns ownership as the team watched him sign a deal after the 1983 season to go play in USFL. (His career would end after that)

- This was Roger Staubach's last season in the NFL. Staubach was told by a doctor after he suffered a concussion that brain tests showed he was ok , but 1 more concussion could cause life altering consequences. Staubach had suffered 20 concussions in his playing career at this point. The Cowboys tried to convince him to return for 2 more seasons but Staubach decided his long term health was more important.

- The commercials in this was classic ones from Rodney Dangerfield selling Miller Lite to Earl Campbell hawking Skoal snuff in an ad on a beach.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    It's always a risk v reward thing with Bill. Brown is expensive, has diva issues, and is currently flipping out over an issue beyond the control of the team. The risks Bill has taken with mercurial types tend to be at lower costs and when the issues are at least partly due to being stuck in nowhereville. Moss was cheap at the time and came from the Raiders, OchoCinco from the Bengals (and despite the opposite public personas, always had respect for each other), Revis wasn't cheap but each needed the other at the time and no one has ever questioned his work ethic, even Gordon only costs a few million for the year rather than 10 or so, and his issues are mostly off the field.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    "Below is a list of headlines from Brown since the 2017 season ended:

• Brown took to Instagram to publicly call out his girlfriend and mother of his children for not taking care of her children from a previous relationship.

• Brown skipped most of OTAs after he saw Roethlisberger wasn't there. Roethlisberger later admitted he had a pre-planned family vacation during the optional practices.

• Brown slammed the media on first day of mandatory minicamp, appearing to question why he plays, saying, “Am I playing football to make a lot of money or am I playing football to take care of my family?” Brown continued, saying the media puts pressure on him and that he is unable to go out in public because of it.

• Brown showed up in a helicopter to training camp.

• Brown disappeared for a week during training camp. Mike Tomlin claimed that he had been sent to Pittsburgh for medical tests, but Brown was filmed in a pool in Miami.

• Brown reportedly called Bouchette a “racist” after Bouchette tweeted that Brown was limping at training camp. He then called Bouchette a “clown” on Twitter. Reportedly, Brown apologized to Bouchette.

• Brown showed up more than four hours late to an event at Children’s Hospital, offering no explanation as to why he was so late.

• Brown makes a joke in a GQ article about cheating on his girlfriend and mother of children, saying “it’s kind of hard to keep it in my pants.”

• Brown threatened to assault ESPN’s The Undefeated reporter Jesse Washington, saying “wait to I see you bro we gone see what your jaw like.” Brown then issued public apology, then went on strange tirade to media in which he called himself an ”exceptionalism.”

• Brown was spotted by CBS cameras hugging former Browns offensive coordinator Todd Haley during a game against Cleveland. He then was caught bragging about reaching 10,000 career receiving yards to Haley on team’s Snapchat, minutes after the 21-21 tie.

• Brown was seen yelling at his offensive coordinator Randy Fichtner and wide receivers coach Derryl Drake on sideline. He then left the locker room before media could ask him about it vs Chiefs.

• Brown tweeted "trade me let's find out" when criticized on Twitter by former Steelers public relations staffer Ryan Scarpino.

• Brown failed to show up for Monday meetings after the Chiefs game. He then told the media he was “pissed off” because “we suck.”

• Brown was sued for trashing his Florida apartment and then claimed he had $80,000 in cash and a gun stolen from him. He was also sued for tossing furniture from 14th floor of his apartment building, nearly hitting and, potentially, killing a 22-month-old toddler.

• Brown was cited for driving in excess of 100 miles per hour on McKnight Road, which was over 55 miles per hour more than the posted speed limit. Brown reportedly told police that he was late for a team meeting.

• Brown repeatedly posted his personal accolades on social media after Steelers losses, including a crucial 31-28 loss in New Orleans.

• Brown reportedly got into a disagreement with Roethlisberger in practice, throws football at him and leaves practice.

• Brown reportedly skips the team’s walkthrough the day before Bengals game, shows up before game, is told he won’t play and leaves at halftime."

https://937thefan.radio.com/articles...t-bizarre-year
    Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    And how much of that behavior was influenced to some degree by him being in a toxic Pittsburgh locker room with zero accountability and rampant factionalism? Not saying that the Raiders would be any better of an environment, but there is certainly a pattern of irresponsible and unprofessional behavior coming from Steelers players and it's absurd to single Brown out for being a bad egg.
    Still think this is the case? I am not trying to come across as a know it all or I told you so type person. I just have never seen a time when local and national sports reporters were on this much of a different page.
    Last edited by Jackmando7; 08-19-2019 at 02:45 PM.
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

Still think this is the case? I am not trying to come across as a know it all or I told you so type person. I just have never seen a time when local and national sports reporters were on this much of a different page.
    Harrison said the PITT locker room is a giant Big Ben-sized cancer. Polamalu, Hines Ward, Dick LeBeau, and Brown has now joined the list of "well, they were bad people but our rapist QB is not ..." Polamalu has yet to show his face at any team event since the blackballing for what reason again?

Brown wanted to get paid like THE NUMBER ONE WIDE RECEIVER THAT HE HAS BEEN, makes him a bad person, huh?

Brown might not win much with OAK/LV but he's gonna leave there one day soon, get paid, and win more rings than Big Ben. Steelers are going to slide back for the years to come ... better hope they figure out how to pay generational talent like they deserve and treat the ones they've had better.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

I'm not defending Brown's behavior, but it's also a bit disingenuous for people to act all shocked and appalled by it. There's this universal tenet in the NFL that toxic and unprofessional behavior are okay as long as you perform well, but people like that aren't going to suddenly shape up and turn into model citizens if their performance drops off, which inevitably leads to conflict when they all of a sudden start getting called out for doing the same things they've been doing all along. The Steelers and Raiders are two of the worst franchises when it comes to holding star players accountable, it'd frankly be surprising to see a guy get coddled the way Brown has been and NOT act like a complete dirtbag.

Here comes Mr. Ciara... it's... Why Your Team Sucks: The Seattle Seahawks

Drew Magary: "Behind Russell Wilson is Geno Smith. At this point, Geno Smith is like a human smoke alarm. Once you’re alerted, either something is broken or you gotta jump out of a third-floor window."
    JC: "The Seahawks are now Packers West, with Ciara’s husband filling the cap hole suck part of Aaron Rodgers, but not quite as capably.

Last year, when we were all supposed to atone for the sins of being obnoxious and wasting a possible dynasty with the continued employment of Tom Cable by losing lots of games, the team overachieved just enough to keep the bandwagon intact, but not win anything meaningful, which is probably our deserved fate for being so proud for being loud and counting to twelve. We’ll be in above average sports purgatory for the next decade. Aside, extra f*** Howard Schultz."
    Tobias: "Our QB is a cornball that peddles some low level conspiracy theory **** about nanobubbles and waters and honestly it’s refreshing compared to the actual murderers, low level MAGA bros, and run of the mill domestic abusers that other team fans have to look past in this disgusting league I am ashamed to pay attention to at all.

Our f***ing coach invited JORDAN PETERSON to talk to our team for reasons possibly related to motivation but more likely related to him being a nutjob."
    Jay Willis: "I can’t decide who or what is more deranged: Seahawks scouts, for apparently suggesting to Ole Miss wideout and future Seahawks draftee D.K. Metcalf that he walk into his NFL Combine meeting without a shirt; Carroll, for responding with such a brazen display of overenthusiastic camp counselor energy; or just the general packaging of this episode as a charming encapsulation of Pete’s ZANY PERSONALITY, and not as incontrovertible evidence that Malcolm Butler and Bill Belichick broke his brain five years ago. This feels like the season they finally go 4-12, and everyone here rededicates their wintertime sports energy to watching grainy Edgar Martinez clips on YouTube and performatively complaining about the Sonics. (They are never coming back.)"
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Especially since he’s got Josh Gordon in camp, and that’s enough of a headache.
    My thoughts exactly.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Harrison said the PITT locker room is a giant Big Ben-sized cancer. Polamalu, Hines Ward, Dick LeBeau, and Brown has now joined the list of "well, they were bad people but our rapist QB is not ..." Polamalu has yet to show his face at any team event since the blackballing for what reason again?

Brown wanted to get paid like THE NUMBER ONE WIDE RECEIVER THAT HE HAS BEEN, makes him a bad person, huh?

Brown might not win much with OAK/LV but he's gonna leave there one day soon, get paid, and win more rings than Big Ben. Steelers are going to slide back for the years to come ... better hope they figure out how to pay generational talent like they deserve and treat the ones they've had better.
    So the stuff he has pulled in Oakland is all because Ben call him out on the radio, right?
    When I was seventeen,

My name was Brian McGee,
    When I was seventeen.

I'm not defending Brown's behavior, but it's also a bit disingenuous for people to act all shocked and appalled by it. There's this universal tenet in the NFL that toxic and unprofessional behavior are okay as long as you perform well, but people like that aren't going to suddenly shape up and turn into model citizens if their performance drops off, which inevitably leads to conflict when they all of a sudden start getting called out for doing the same things they've been doing all along. The Steelers and Raiders are two of the worst franchises when it comes to holding star players accountable, it'd frankly be surprising to see a guy get coddled the way Brown has been and NOT act like a complete dirtbag.
    Ben got blamed by the national media 100% for Antonio's behavior until very recently, and to act otherwise is also disingenuous.
    When I was seventeen,

My name was Brian McGee,
    When I was seventeen.

BANNED

Ben got blamed by the national media 100% for Antonio's behavior until very recently, and to act otherwise is also disingenuous.
    It's got nothing to do with some kind of media conspiracy, it's just that anyone who isn't a Steelers homer recognizes that Roethlisberger is a complete dirtbag and that his ability to throw a football moderately well doesn't supersede that, especially when he undermines his own cause by throwing teammates under the bus. Brown has his own issues, but the fact that he's causing problems in Oakland doesn't somehow mean that the Steelers were right to let go of him or that they won't continue to have problems as there are no shortage of toxic locker room influences even with Brown and Bell gone.

It's got nothing to do with some kind of media conspiracy, it's just that anyone who isn't a Steelers homer recognizes that Roethlisberger is a complete dirtbag and that his ability to throw a football moderately well doesn't supersede that, especially when he undermines his own cause by throwing teammates under the bus. Brown has his own issues, but the fact that he's causing problems in Oakland doesn't somehow mean that the Steelers were right to let go of him or that they won't continue to have problems as there are no shortage of toxic locker room influences even with Brown and Bell gone.
    Well, I mean... Doesn't it?

I am not saying Ben is some beacon of humanity, in fact he probably does suck as a human (like most NFL players), but I am saying he did not force Mr. Big Chest to act the way he has been.
    When I was seventeen,

My name was Brian McGee,
    When I was seventeen.

It kind of comes down to Tomlin, though, allowing the locker room to get that bad. My understanding is that he lets the players govern themselves, for the most part, which means in arguments he would likely favor the leader, the QB. The Steelers seem to like Tomlin, though, so therefore goodbye Brown and Bell. Makes you wonder if at some point Tomlin will go, especially if the locker room does not improve this year.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

So the stuff he has pulled in Oakland is all because Ben call him out on the radio, right?
    No not quite. He is not a cancer and what he wanted in PITT was fair market value for his talent. He said he made a mistake signing with OAK/LV and clearly wants out. His current antics aren't even the biggest problem the Raiders have on the team

Sadly, if Brown was a rapist, he would''ve got what he wanted.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium