Page 11 of 80 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

In the meantime with next year's schedule released I've been seeing reports the Patriots have the 2nd easiest schedule although many other teams share a similar ranking including the Rams. Redskin have the easiest. The Raiders have the hardest. The rankings were based off the win-loss of opponents to be faced in the next season from the record they had this season. So it makes sense the Raiders have the hardest schedule due to the Chargers and the Chiefs have double digit victories last season.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

NFL News...

- The Baltimore Ravens released Michael Crabtree (WR) after signing him to a 3 year $21+ million dollar contract in the off season. Believing he was gonna become their #1 WR. Instead Crabtree caught 54 receptions for 607 yards and 3 TD's. The Ravens tried to remake their WR corps with Crabtree , John Brown and Willie Snead this past season. Crabtree isn't the only one who will be a free agent as John Brown is expected to try free agency as well.

- Carolina cut Captain Munnerlyn (DB) today after signing him to a contract in 2017. This will end Munnerlyn's 2nd stint with the team. Carolina is looking to get younger on defense as they informed long time safety Mike Adams that he wasn't gonna be brought back due to his age earlier this off-season. Adams turns 38 this season. As well as Thomas Davis being informed he wouldn't be brought back at LB and the retirement of Julius Peppers (DE). The Panthers have a lot to replace defensively.

- Cleveland re-signed Greg Robinson (OT) to a 1 year deal. Robinson is more famous as a big 1st round bust by the Rams back in 2014. The team traded him in 2017 and after a season in Detroit he landed in Cleveland. Its there Robinson actually made some strides and protected Baker Mayfield's blindside for 8 games. Its that stretch that Mayfield was only sacked 5 times overall. The Browns are going to see if Robinson can continue this .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I think Crabtree might have some gas left in the tank. I don't necessarily blame him for his poor production in Baltimore as I think it was a combo of a continuously regressing vet QB for half the season and a rookie/run first QB for the other half. But at 31, coming off a weaker season, I don't see a situation where he gets another big contract. He's one of those guys who, while cannot be called a bust, simply never lived up to where he was drafted.

As a minor Cleveland fan, I like the signing of Robinson and I like the short term nature of it. Give him a chance to prove that it wasn't a fluke and probably pick up another one or two tackles between the draft and free agency. Best case scenario, everyone pans out and they have options.

Crabtree will find life somewhere else, I think. He had moments of greatness but got distracted easily. Not sure he will see money like he got in Baltimore ever again.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Crabtree is a #2 WR really career wise if you see his numbers. No clue why Baltimore believed he was a #1 guy. Also he turns 32 in a month and is hitting that downward part of his career. He will get 1 or 2 year deals at this stage.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Crabtree is a #2 WR really career wise if you see his numbers. No clue why Baltimore believed he was a #1 guy. Also he turns 32 in a month and is hitting that downward part of his career. He will get 1 or 2 year deals at this stage.
    Sign with New England.

Have a resurgence.

Get a ring or shot at one.

Get traded or sign with the Browns or Texans or Broncos etc. And gets tons more money than actually worth.

Tanks on new team.

We've seen this one before.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    NFL News...

- The Baltimore Ravens released Michael Crabtree (WR) after signing him to a 3 year $21+ million dollar contract in the off season. Believing he was gonna become their #1 WR. Instead Crabtree caught 54 receptions for 607 yards and 3 TD's. The Ravens tried to remake their WR corps with Crabtree , John Brown and Willie Snead this past season. Crabtree isn't the only one who will be a free agent as John Brown is expected to try free agency as well.
    John Brown was a 1 year "prove it" deal, and he did pretty well. He's always good, the question is if he stays healthy or not.

Don't be surprised if he goes to Tampa Bay to reunite with Bruce Arians. The Buccaneers just signed RB Andre Ellington yesterday, who fits into a similar injury history, but knows Arians' offense.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    John Brown was a 1 year "prove it" deal, and he did pretty well. He's always good, the question is if he stays healthy or not.

Don't be surprised if he goes to Tampa Bay to reunite with Bruce Arians. The Buccaneers just signed RB Andre Ellington yesterday, who fits into a similar injury history, but knows Arians' offense.
    I think the Bills are going to make a play at John Brown too. He was a guy they sought out last year and I imagine they'll try again. I'm a big fan of John Brown, so I'm hoping.

I was actually looking at his career history and I was surprised how injuries didn't seem to affect his games played all that much. He's only missed 8 out of 80 possible games. He did have some nagging injuries that kept him from being truly effective, but he managed to be in most of the games. I think he has a chance to get a decent contract as he ended up being a starter, played the full season this year and put up decent numbers with a relatively solid receiving core on a team with a QB problem.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Sign with New England.

Have a resurgence.

Get a ring or shot at one.

Get traded or sign with the Browns or Texans or Broncos etc. And gets tons more money than actually worth.

Tanks on new team.

We've seen this one before.
    As a replacement for Josh Gordon? I could see it. Crabtree would work very well in the "ghost" role for New Englands over-the-middle shots to Edelman and Hogan.

I'd kind of like to see him go to the NFC, though, and was thinking Green Bay. They need another deep threat.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Kinda impressed with ol' Robbie Kraft on some level. 2-a-day's at his age? Sure it's not a 45 minute back blowing out session but still, logistics when the bj and the tug are separated by hours... Mortifying that he's on video with it.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Kinda impressed with ol' Robbie Kraft on some level. 2-a-day's at his age? Sure it's not a 45 minute back blowing out session but still, logistics when the bj and the tug are separated by hours... Mortifying that he's on video with it.
    Can imagine having that job at the station? Watching old guys getting their rocks off?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Can imagine having that job at the station? Watching old guys getting their rocks off?
    Worse job ever.

Eagles will not place franchise tag on Nick Foles
    https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/n...-on-nick-foles

That is a mistake. They should have traded him.

Fantastic Member

I'm a bit surprised that the Eagles did not franchise him so they could control where he went. It makes sense on a business level. On the other hand, letting him go after all he did for the team without forcing a trade makes the Eagles organization look human and compassionate. This way, they can celebrate what he did. A trade may have resulted in potential bad blood leading to who knows what.

In draft news, the New England Patriots have 12 draft choices this year including 2 second round picks and 3 third round picks. But I get the feeling they will trade away one of the 2nd round picks and one or two of the 3rd round picks for picks in future drafts.

The Bears have no first or second round picks this draft unless they trade for some.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...r-all-32-teams

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Worse job ever.
    Close. Whoever mops the floors or cleans the towels in that massage parlor.

Quote Originally Posted by DungeonmasterJim View Post
    In draft news, the New England Patriots have 12 draft choices this year including 2 second round picks and 3 third round picks. But I get the feeling they will trade away one of the 2nd round picks and one or two of the 3rd round picks for picks in future drafts.

The Bears have no first or second round picks this draft unless they trade for some.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...r-all-32-teams
    I wouldn't be shocked if they fell in love with a QB and packaged a bunch of picks to move up and get Brady's heir-apparent.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.