Page 16 of 80 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Heh, there is this about Charlie Casserly:

In January of 2010 on WEEI, Bill Belichick famously said, "Who's been wrong more than Charley Casserly since he left the Redskins? His percentage is like a meteorologist."

On the Dee Ford potential trades, it's always interesting to hear what the team of a pending free agent wants in return as far as the trade goes. If I was another team owner I'd likely just be like 'pay your guy, have fun having any depth on your team' especially knowing the Chiefs have some great talent becoming free agents next year. Then I'd offer a cheap a deal to the team because paying a free agent would then become my problem as an owner.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    I think the Nick Foles storyline is going to be a giant what if that we look back on decades from now, like what if Brees had stayed in San Diego, what if the 49ers had picked Aaron Rodgers, what if Bill Belichick stays with the Jets, what if Bo Jackson focused on football, what if Bledsoe never got hurt?

Philly had him and he was decent, but was sacrificed so Chip Kelly could form the team in his image. They rode with Sanchez, Thad Lewis and Sam Bradford for a year which failed, but not bad enough to yield a crazy high pick, so they have to do a blockbuster trade to get the #2 overall pick to get their quarterback. Foles ends up back on the team and steps up when Wentz goes down to win the Super Bowl. I'm just trying to think of what Philly looks like if they just go with Foles from the start. I can see a 30 for 30 in about 20 years on the subject.
    I don't think it would be pretty. Foles is an okay starter, but nothing more. He reminds me of Fitzpatrick sometimes. He'll have some good stretches, and then bad stretches. Whether he has a quality team around him or not. Fortunately for the Eagles in 2017, he had two A++ games back to back, and they just happened to be the NFC Championship, and Super Bowl. I will say that I think in Philadelphia, he should have been given a longer leash by the Kelly regime.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    He might have the best deep ball in the league as far as accuracy goes but his tendencies and choices in the pocket lead to a lot of sacks.

He's one leg injury away from becoming a backup.
    You can say that about anyone. To his credit, even with all the sacks, Wilson has never missed a game. Even in this age that's remarkable.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Josh Rosen trade destinations? Five NFL teams that make sense

To the surprise of no one, one of those teams are:

5) New England Patriots

Who am I kidding -- this is where he's going, right? The Patriots have a bevy of picks in the coming draft, including six in the first three rounds. New England was reportedly interested in Rosen prior to the 2018 NFL Draft. And this is the way things work out for this team. They take discarded players and turn them into superstars. It's like a boutique clothing shop in L.A. that takes items from Goodwill and then charges three times the price because they're "vintage." For that reason, I'm already going to pencil Rosen in as Super Bowl LVIII MVP.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 03-07-2019 at 04:16 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by DungeonmasterJim View Post
    Heh, there is this about Charlie Casserly:

In January of 2010 on WEEI, Bill Belichick famously said, "Who's been wrong more than Charley Casserly since he left the Redskins? His percentage is like a meteorologist."

On the Dee Ford potential trades, it's always interesting to hear what the team of a pending free agent wants in return as far as the trade goes. If I was another team owner I'd likely just be like 'pay your guy, have fun having any depth on your team' especially knowing the Chiefs have some great talent becoming free agents next year. Then I'd offer a cheap a deal to the team because paying a free agent would then become my problem as an owner.
    I'm baffled how he could list an "unnamed source" from the combine who told him a myriad of all sorts of negative things scouts said about Kyler Murray...

But simultaneously, that meant Arizona was picking him at #1.

Ignoring Casserly... as an Arizona fan... I'd rather have Murray with no pedigree than what I saw of Josh Rosen behind no offensive line. Murray just looks THAT good. Like Michael Vick without dogfighting good, but also even better on the field.

I can only hope they can recoup at least a first round pick on Rosen.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I'm baffled how he could list an "unnamed source" from the combine who told him a myriad of all sorts of negative things scouts said about Kyler Murray...

But simultaneously, that meant Arizona was picking him at #1.

Ignoring Casserly... as an Arizona fan... I'd rather have Murray with no pedigree than what I saw of Josh Rosen behind no offensive line. Murray just looks THAT good. Like Michael Vick without dogfighting good, but also even better on the field.

I can only hope they can recoup at least a first round pick on Rosen.
    To be honest it wasn't Casserly who broke the story that the Cardinals was drafting Kyler Murray. It was a female reporter a couple days before this. He just came forward claiming a source from another team claimed the Cardinals are shopping Rosen.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    You can say that about anyone. To his credit, even with all the sacks, Wilson has never missed a game. Even in this age that's remarkable.
    Wilson relies on his legs more than anything.

Take his legs away and he's done. He has zero pocket presence and terrible tendencies in and out of the pocket. He hasn't demonstrated the football IQ to change what he's doing.

Ryan, Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Elway, Cam, Fran ... all lost their legs at some point and still are great to legendary QBs. They changed things up when that happened. Granted, some were not dual threats but they still were mobile in the pocket to a point that losing their legs to a permanent or short-term injury made them adjust their play.

Vick, RGIII, Kaep, and a host of others lost their legs due to injury, age, or scheming and failed to change.

I really don't see Wilson making a change and joining the likes of the latter.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Of all of those you mention, Elway is the only one who actually benefited from losing his legs, arguably. It meant that he had to stop with the designed rollouts and improvisation and become a real pocket passer. And he then won Super Bowls.

Also, most rushing yards by a QB in a single Super Bowl: Steve McNair, 64 (XXXIV, Jan '00); Colin Kaepernick, 62 (XLVII, Feb '13); Joe Montana, 59 (XIX, Jan '85). The only one who one his Super Bowl of those three, is not a running QB at all. I'm not at all convinced these running QBs are worth much beyond being a novelty.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

As for Brady, the only reason he's around today at his age is because he still has his legs, even though he's never been a scrambler. Ironically, that one year he missed due to a knee injury was when he was hit IN the pocket, not as a result of running out of same.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Of all of those you mention, Elway is the only one who actually benefited from losing his legs, arguably. It meant that he had to stop with the designed rollouts and improvisation and become a real pocket passer. And he then won Super Bowls.

Also, most rushing yards by a QB in a single Super Bowl: Steve McNair, 64 (XXXIV, Jan '00); Colin Kaepernick, 62 (XLVII, Feb '13); Joe Montana, 59 (XIX, Jan '85). The only one who one his Super Bowl of those three, is not a running QB at all. I'm not at all convinced these running QBs are worth much beyond being a novelty.
    And Elway still got the SB record for QB rushing TDs, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    As for Brady, the only reason he's around today at his age is because he still has his legs, even though he's never been a scrambler. Ironically, that one year he missed due to a knee injury was when he was hit IN the pocket, not as a result of running out of same.
    Well, I was referring to his injury 2 years prior to that, which made him stop with the blindside rollout he'd pop out with from time-to-time that made coaches want to punch him. It was a minor injury but he started to step up into the pocket better and just kill the short game. He recovered and adapted his style. Fran and Cam did the same thing but Cam is going back to his weird-ass rollouts and drops ...

Rodgers almost went to a SB on basically a broken leg.

I don't see Wilson doing any of that. He loses his mobility ... he's kinda done. He'll be trashed in the pocket and his check-downs tend to lead to interceptions.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 03-07-2019 at 03:02 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

In NFL News...

- In a big to continue to do crazy moves the Washington Redskins have traded for Case Keenum to compete against Colt McCoy for the starting job in 2019. Its said Keenum was a top QB move to them there and they decided to trade for him. What makes it more absurd stupid is Keenum would have been cut more than likely due to his high cap number and could have signed with Washington as a free agent.

- Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie has ended his retirement after 5 months and is returning. DRC retired after 8 games with Oakland and is 33. He drew little interest last off-season and may not see much this year unless a team wants a veteran CB.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    In NFL News...

- In a big to continue to do crazy moves the Washington Redskins have traded for Case Keenum to compete against Colt McCoy for the starting job in 2019. Its said Keenum was a top QB move to them there and they decided to trade for him. What makes it more absurd stupid is Keenum would have been cut more than likely due to his high cap number and could have signed with Washington as a free agent.

- Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie has ended his retirement after 5 months and is returning. DRC retired after 8 games with Oakland and is 33. He drew little interest last off-season and may not see much this year unless a team wants a veteran CB.
    Excuse me but ...

LOLWTF!?

Washington ... oh my goodness ... WHAT!?

Reports are Washington will give up a 2020 sixth round pick for Keenum and a 2020 7th round pick. Also It looks like Keenum has reworked his deal with the Redskins so he will be one 1 year deal with them. Denver and Washington will be splitting the $7 million guaranteed portion of Keenum's contract. It won't kill Washington's cap space or affect them beyond the one year of the deal if he doesn't work out, and all they give up is moving down a round at the end of last year's draft, so all in all it's not the worse move on their part as a stop gap to buy them time to see if Alex Smith can come back in 2020 or to draft and groom a QB in the draft.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Excuse me but ...

LOLWTF!?

Washington ... oh my goodness ... WHAT!?
    Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Reports are Washington will give up a 2020 sixth round pick for Keenum and a 2020 7th round pick. Also It looks like Keenum has reworked his deal with the Redskins so he will be one 1 year deal with them. Denver and Washington will be splitting the $7 million guaranteed portion of Keenum's contract. It won't kill Washington's cap space or affect them beyond the one year of the deal if he doesn't work out, and all they give up is moving down a round at the end of last year's draft, so all in all it's not the worse move on their part as a stop gap to buy them time to see if Alex Smith can come back in 2020 or to draft and groom a QB in the draft.

-M
    To be fair he only signed a 2 year deal back in 2018 so it was always gonna be a 1 year flyer on him anyhow. And giving up 2 late draft picks for this is pretty absurd as well given that Elway would have had to cut Keenum unless he agreed to a new lower contract. (He was originally due $21 million in 2019). So he pretty much bent John Elway over and made him do this with a reworked deal.

Washington was just foolish here as usual. Keenum turns 33/34 and is there for 1 year only. Its unlikely he sticks past 2019 unless he sets the world on fire. Then the Redskins have Alex Smith who will turn 36 in 2020 and trying to make a big comeback as we see from this horrific injury. In all ...if the stories are true that Rosen could be gotten with a 3rd rd pick and they instead put the team in a holding pattern for 2 years....man that GM deserves to be fired.

I mean from passing on a QB who could help his team compete and win a division they were ahead of in 2018 to sign a backup QB who hadn't started a game since 2011 then signing someone with domestic assault charges. The Redskins are a complete fucking dumpster fire.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    To be fair he only signed a 2 year deal back in 2018 so it was always gonna be a 1 year flyer on him anyhow. And giving up 2 late draft picks for this is pretty absurd as well given that Elway would have had to cut Keenum unless he agreed to a new lower contract. (He was originally due $21 million in 2019). So he pretty much bent John Elway over and made him do this with a reworked deal.

Washington was just foolish here as usual. Keenum turns 33/34 and is there for 1 year only. Its unlikely he sticks past 2019 unless he sets the world on fire. Then the Redskins have Alex Smith who will turn 36 in 2020 and trying to make a big comeback as we see from this horrific injury. In all ...if the stories are true that Rosen could be gotten with a 3rd rd pick and they instead put the team in a holding pattern for 2 years....man that GM deserves to be fired.

I mean from passing on a QB who could help his team compete and win a division they were ahead of in 2018 to sign a backup QB who hadn't started a game since 2011 then signing someone with domestic assault charges. The Redskins are a complete fucking dumpster fire.
    Hey, as an Eagles fan, I love that signing! One less division opponent to worry about as the Deadskins have further devolved into a Chinese fire drill.