Page 2 of 80 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Wow Wade was 60? Too young to die.

Fantastic Member

NFL skins came back to Fortnite so I bought one. I'll only be using the New England Patriots uniform although buying the skin gives one access to all the teams. Patriots have 2 different skins. When I consider how many D&D source books i have and have barely touched I could drop a few bucks on Fortnite that I play often with friends.

Fortnite is currently running a NFL rumble (teams of 20 vs 20 first team to 100 kills wins) and players are randomly assigned to either the Patriots or the Rams.

Since I didn't see the other thread I'm going to say Patriots win the SB because only NFC East teams have beaten Tom Brady led Patriots teams in the SB. The game will be a close one decided by a single score or less.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    Wow Wade was 60? Too young to die.
    Sadly a lot of modern era players aren't in good shape due to concussions and injuries. Wilson played QB in an era where QB's were literally drove into the ground at times. Jim McMahon suffered a lacerated kidney as I told in the NFL season thread back in 1985. He had no clue his injury was that grave. But as one reporter claims he was in locker room pissing blood ......and he tried to start the 3rd quarter.

Its sad but now I can see why the NFL wants to protect their stars.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Mahomes wins the MVP. Well deserved.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

So in an Interview Mahomes was asked what Brady told him after the game. It seems Tom Brady did a rare thing ; he told the staff that he wanted to speak to Mahomes after he got done in locker room. Brady he claims told him to keep doing what he's doing and how he was where he once was . That to enjoy everything because it passes by so quick. Mahomes praised Brady for being that good and was surprised he would do that.

Today was a great day to be a Kansas City Chief. One player maybe a future Hall of Famer if he continues what he started in Mahomes. Who became the youngest QB to win a MVP award since Dan Marino. And today the GREATEST TE in NFL History took his rightful place.

Tony Gonzalez is in Hall of Fame.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-of-fame-class

"Not only did he catch a TD against us....he blocked a punt . Tony Gonzalez BLOCKED A PUNT AGAINST US !" - Steve Mariucci.

Here is the entire 2019 Hall of Fame.

Tony Gonzalez (TE)
    Ed Reed (Safety)
    Champ Bailey (CB)
    Kevin Mawae (Center)
    Ty Law (CB)
    Pat Bowlen (Owner)
    Gill Brandt (Ex-NFL Executive)
    Johnny Robinson (CB)

What is unique is there are 2 Chiefs going into the Hall of Fame this year with Gonzalez and Robinson.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

About time Bowlen got in. Just a shame he's not aware to enjoy it.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Robinson was long overdue. He's one of the greatest safeties ever. I was surprised he got in, because lot of people in that room probably never saw him play, and he was essentially an afterthought for years. Great for him, and his family. He's getting up in age, so maybe that helped pushed him in.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Glad that Tony Gonzalez made it in as he was a phenomenal TE.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

As the NFL guys and more discuss he revolutionized how a TE is used in an offense with how he would be moved everywhere . I did like how that one offensive player joked , "Guys he caught like 16 passes against us ; he's lined up for WR screens , caught in the flat and went across the middle. Are you guys ever gonna stop him today ?!"

Just imagine if Gonzalez in his prime years had a QB like Matt Ryan who really is the closest to a franchise QB he ever had. Could you a imagine a Tony Gonzalez with a Brett Farve and Aaron Rogers for a number of years ? The numbers he could have put up ?

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    As the NFL guys and more discuss he revolutionized how a TE is used in an offense with how he would be moved everywhere . I did like how that one offensive player joked , "Guys he caught like 16 passes against us ; he's lined up for WR screens , caught in the flat and went across the middle. Are you guys ever gonna stop him today ?!"

Just imagine if Gonzalez in his prime years had a QB like Matt Ryan who really is the closest to a franchise QB he ever had. Could you a imagine a Tony Gonzalez with a Brett Farve and Aaron Rogers for a number of years ? The numbers he could have put up ?
    Trent Green from 2002 to 2005 was a top 10 quarterback for him at least. Actually, his DYAR from Pro Football Outsiders is top 5 for that four year span.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 02-03-2019 at 05:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    Trent Green from 2002 to 2005 was a top 10 quarterback for him at least. Actually, his DYAR from Pro Football Outsiders is top 5 for that four year span.
    Its true...sadly for KC ; Green would get injured and it took em a few years to find that next QB in Alex Smith. By then Gonzalez was in Atlanta. These were the other KC QB's that Gonzalez caught passes from.

Elvis Grbac
    Rich Gannon
    Warren Moon
    Damon Huard
    Brodie Croyle
    Tyler Thigpen

In that stretch Green was perhaps the best QB ; Rich Gannon was really starting to become the QB we would later see in Oakland. Moon was at the end of his career. Thigpen was exciting as a prospect and what is sad is KC had this exciting young QB who came off the bench and Gonzalez spoke up for wanting Thigpen to be the starting QB in 2009. (Thigen had came in and most of KC's losses were by 7 points or fewer but the offense had this weird spark of a guy who could run n throw ...even catch TD pass as he did).

I hope Zach Thomas is at least a finalist next year. To me, he's right up there with Ray Lewis as the best middle linebacker of the era. Jimmy Smith was also a great receiver, and as good as his peers, but sadly he's probably never sniffing Canton. The off the field issues probably hurt.

Extraordinary Member

Very glad Ty Law got in. He was the most important defensive player on those first three Super Bowl teams. He’s the primary reason some of the greatest offenses in NFL history were unable to win rings. He’s the reason the NFL changed the rules to favor passers so dramatically in the mid 2000’s. He’s one of those guys that so consistently good, but wasn’t as flashy as other CB’s so I was worried he’d get overlooked.

I have said this before Don Coryell should be inducted into Hall of Fame. Its long since due since he was basically the architect of today's wide open offenses we see. His "Air Coryell" laid that ground work we see today.

John Madden in a speech said at the Hall of Fame that him , Joe Gibbs and Dan Fouts are in Hall of Fame but someone is missing . He got choked up as well since he loved Coryell (he gave him his 1st coaching job) . Its a damn crime that Coryell hasn't been inducted yet.

This is one of best and most deserving classes in a long time, IMHO.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium