Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

With the Patriots winning they now face a very uncertain off-season ahead.

- Brady will turn 42 ; he's already defied father time in the NFL thus far among whispers he was losing a step. In fact the Rams comically would this past week have a player say Brady was losing a step then make him come back and admit he was wrong that Brady was still solid as a QB. But the guy turns 42 and no 42 year old QB has started 16 games in a season before.

So the NFL Draft has to be there for the Patriots to think about his heir apparent. Many have said it could be Murray who has this big skill set and just wins games. We shall see if he slips to #32.

- Rob Gronkowski isn't what he once was , he's entering the final year of his deal and the Patriots have some big decisions ahead on what they should do here. Last year Gronk turned down a trade and this year he may end up cut as the Patriots will have only $17 million in cap space so they have some hard moves ahead.

- With 17 million in cap room the Patriots have key free agents in Chris Hogan (WR) , Phillip Dorsett (WR) , Danny Shelton (DT) , Eric Rowe (CB) , Jason McCourty (CB) and Trey Flowers (DE). They also have 16 other free agents but these were the key ones. So major changes will need to happen to try and keep some of the defense there.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    With the Patriots winning they now face a very uncertain off-season ahead.

- Brady will turn 42 ; he's already defied father time in the NFL thus far among whispers he was losing a step. In fact the Rams comically would this past week have a player say Brady was losing a step then make him come back and admit he was wrong that Brady was still solid as a QB. But the guy turns 42 and no 42 year old QB has started 16 games in a season before.

So the NFL Draft has to be there for the Patriots to think about his heir apparent. Many have said it could be Murray who has this big skill set and just wins games. We shall see if he slips to #32.

- Rob Gronkowski isn't what he once was , he's entering the final year of his deal and the Patriots have some big decisions ahead on what they should do here. Last year Gronk turned down a trade and this year he may end up cut as the Patriots will have only $17 million in cap space so they have some hard moves ahead.

- With 17 million in cap room the Patriots have key free agents in Chris Hogan (WR) , Phillip Dorsett (WR) , Danny Shelton (DT) , Eric Rowe (CB) , Jason McCourty (CB) and Trey Flowers (DE). They also have 16 other free agents but these were the key ones. So major changes will need to happen to try and keep some of the defense there.
    Off those players listed Flowers is the only one I'd hate to lose. The rest are role-players and easily replaceable. EDIT - I only meant to quote the key free agents. I figure Gronk is retiring. That will be really tough to replace.

They keep Flowers and McCourty. Cut the rest. Hogan dropped too many passes in the SB and AFC games ... Welker did that and was cut. Patterson might stay since BB wanted yo draft him back in the day.

NE also, has what? 10-12 picks this year, right?

They'll be okay.

EDIT: It appears NE is staring at 3 potential retirements: The McCourty twins and Gronk.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 02-04-2019 at 12:21 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    They keep Flowers and McCourty. Cut the rest. Hogan dropped too many passes in the SB and AFC games ... Welker did that and was cut. Patterson might stay since BB wanted yo draft him back in the day.

NE also, has what? 10-12 picks this year, right?

They'll be okay.

EDIT: It appears NE is staring at 3 potential retirements: The McCourty twins and Gronk.

Draft wise the Patriots have 12 draft picks right now. A couple will be draft picks given to them due to losing Nate Soldier and others a season ago.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

NFL News

- A day after the Super Bowl win ; New England lost its defensive coordinator in Brian Flores. He was officially announced as coach of the Miami Dolphins today.

- The LA Rams lost Zac Taylor to the Bengals who announced him as the new coach today.

- The NY Giants announced today they are releasing LB Connor Barwin after signing him to a 2 year deal last year. Barwin lasted only 6 months with the Giants and barely saw the field by the end of the season. Barwin is a 10 year veteran who played for the Texans , Eagles and Rams before the Giants this season.

- 2 weeks after a damaging report came out that his teammates feel Carson Wentz is egotistical and won't compromise which held the offense back ; it seemed like the Eagles were circling around to claim the report wasn't true. Today ; Carson Wentz blew that all to hell and claimed some of the report isn't inaccurate and claims he knows he has flaws. It was stunning to see Wentz seemingly back some of what was reported that the Eagles and team tried to dismiss earlier.

NFL News

- With introducing Brian Flores as the new coach on Monday ; GM Chris Grier said that the team hasn't made a decision on Ryan Tannehill who has struggled on field and with injuries. Many pretty much believe Tannehill's gonna be cut because his cap number is $18+ million and the team by cutting him can save $13 million in overall salary. Grier claims they haven't really looked at QB's in draft yet either beyond the Senior Bowl .

Another rumor is the Dolphins could wait til 2020 and draft one of the high prospects coming out as QB. But for now we will have to wait and see.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    NFL News

- With introducing Brian Flores as the new coach on Monday ; GM Chris Grier said that the team hasn't made a decision on Ryan Tannehill who has struggled on field and with injuries. Many pretty much believe Tannehill's gonna be cut because his cap number is $18+ million and the team by cutting him can save $13 million in overall salary. Grier claims they haven't really looked at QB's in draft yet either beyond the Senior Bowl .

Another rumor is the Dolphins could wait til 2020 and draft one of the high prospects coming out as QB. But for now we will have to wait and see.
    To me, the above is why the Patriots win the AFC East every year. The Dolphins didn't make the play-offs and have had weeks to make plan A, B and C but then the Dolphins say they haven't even looked at a QB yet. I get waiting for a head coach hire but they haven't decided on Tannenhill yet who's oft injured and doesn't win. He didn't even have gaudy stats like a Kirk Cousins to maybe hold on to to hope to build a team around. The 'fins will be their usual .500 winning percentage next year dropping at least one game to the Patriots.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DungeonmasterJim View Post
    To me, the above is why the Patriots win the AFC East every year. The Dolphins didn't make the play-offs and have had weeks to make plan A, B and C but then the Dolphins say they haven't even looked at a QB yet. I get waiting for a head coach hire but they haven't decided on Tannenhill yet who's oft injured and doesn't win. He didn't even have gaudy stats like a Kirk Cousins to maybe hold on to to hope to build a team around. The 'fins will be their usual .500 winning percentage next year dropping at least one game to the Patriots.
    Seems to me the Fish STILL aren't ready to cut the cord on Tannehill, god only knows why. Maybe they think that given the dearth of quality passers out there, Tannehill is a better option than some of the dreck on the open market. However, Miami should at least CONSIDER drafting a quarterback in this upcoming draft.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Seems to me the Fish STILL aren't ready to cut the cord on Tannehill, god only knows why. Maybe they think that given the dearth of quality passers out there, Tannehill is a better option than some of the dreck on the open market. However, Miami should at least CONSIDER drafting a quarterback in this upcoming draft.
    Too bad there aren't any QBs with Super Bowl experience out there in the free agent market. If only...
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

It appears Foles will be tagged and traded.

Rams are expecting to put Gurley on the block to free up cap space. He's apparently a bigger hit next year than what overthecap has him at for 2019.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 02-05-2019 at 01:29 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Too bad there aren't any QBs with Super Bowl experience out there in the free agent market. If only...
    Yeah its not like Nick Foles exists or you know you can draft someone. Its like the Dolphins are still irked that they drafted a raw QB prospect in Tannehill and its not worked ; so why move on and keep forcing coaches to use him. And what is wild is the years since Tannehill was drafted the team has walked through through 2 coaching staffs and its like they will force a 3rd to use him.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Rams are expecting to put Gurley on the block to free up cap space. He's apparently a bigger hit next year than what overthecap has him at for 2019.

Thus far the only report on trading Gurley I have seen is an opinion piece from Bleacher Report claiming that his salary cap number $14.4 million is way high when compared to CJ Anderson and they can trade him to free up salary space. No real report they are gonna shop him yet.

The Jets released Spencer Long (Center) today , a day before he was due a $3+ million bonus . Long was signed to be the Jets next great center and follow recent Hall of Fame inductee Kevin Mawae and the recently retired Nick Mangold. Instead he struggled with shotgun snaps and injuries in 2018. The Jets will save $6.5 million this season.

This will leave the Jets with $90+ million in salary cap room in 2019 and a prime position to make some plays for big free agents as well.

Patrick Willis and Justin Smith are up for HOF nomination next season. I don't think either will make it in on their first try, and I'm not sure if Justin Smith will get in at all as good as he was. Willis' 5 first team All Pros, 7 Pro Bowls, and Defensive Rookie of the Year award should get him in sooner rather than later though.

Other guys that will be in their first year of eligibility will be Troy Polamalu and Reggie Wayne. Troy is the only one I think of these four that could receive first ballot. So this will be a good year for guys that have been stonewalled for a while to get in. I feel Steve Hutchinson and Alan Fancea will both be enshrined next year.

I just saw that Wes Welker is taking over as the Niners WR coach.

Manning and Brady said Welker would be an awesome head coach.

I hope he does well.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    Patrick Willis and Justin Smith are up for HOF nomination next season. I don't think either will make it in on their first try, and I'm not sure if Justin Smith will get in at all as good as he was. Willis' 5 first team All Pros, 7 Pro Bowls, and Defensive Rookie of the Year award should get him in sooner rather than later though.

Other guys that will be in their first year of eligibility will be Troy Polamalu and Reggie Wayne. Troy is the only one I think of these four that could receive first ballot. So this will be a good year for guys that have been stonewalled for a while to get in. I feel Steve Hutchinson and Alan Fancea will both be enshrined next year.

I think Willis should go in quick. He only retired due to nagging injuries and not wanting to be beat up as an older player.