Page 32 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Sad about the AAF. Quite a few of the games were entertaining in recent weeks.
    I feel sorry for the players. Alot of them finally getting a chance to play NFL style football taken away by a greedy Billionaire.
    Guess now the players will have to find work in the INDOOR FOOTBALL LEAGUE.

Jets are getting new uniforms for 2019.

Attachment 80800

This is the 3rd or 4th update for the Jets in the last 50 years. The last change was 1998 and them trying to recapture the 1960's Super Bowl III era with throwback style uniforms. Those failed as we saw. The latest ones are a throwback to 1980's/1990's era. Or as we call it... THE **** YEARS. lol
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I like all of them, except the green jersey with white pants.

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post

Of course there has to be a black variant which has nothing to do with the Jets' traditional colors. Dreadfully unimaginative.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Of course there has to be a black variant which has nothing to do with the Jets' traditional colors. Dreadfully unimaginative.
    Maybe it's the "black box" version of the uniform, where fans can look for info why the Jets crashed and burned?

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Maybe it's the "black box" version of the uniform, where fans can look for info why the Jets crashed and burned?

-M
    HA! Good one!

I actually like the new Jets unis. Is the black the color rush? Or our we finally done with those?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Cowboys sign DeMarcus Lawrence to a 5 year $105 million extension with $65 guaranteed and over $31 million due the first year of the deal. He was on the franchise tag for the second straight year and it was unsure if he would report or play under the tag this time, but now the uncertainty is removed.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

So a big article has created more hell for the Green Bay Packers. The Bleacher Report article basically detailed the relationship of Mike McCarthy and allegations about his time with the Packers and Aaron Rodgers. Both Rodgers and McCarthy come across looking bad. I'd link the article but this NFL.Com article will take you to site.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ge-accusations

-

- The problems with McCarthy & Rodgers began back in 2005 when McCarthy said Alex Smith was the better QB as 49ers offensive coordinator then. A year later he was now the Head Coach of the Packers. This always had Rodgers have a chip on his shoulder towards McCarthy. Even when the team won a Super Bowl and was at the top of the NFC awhile.

- McCarthy had players take up for him as HC and how he ran the team. Which included light practices with non-hitting in camp at times. This would lead to the Packers looking weak come playoff time as the losses happened there.

- He would rotate assistants and move them to different coaching roles each season. Which would while looking good on paper and getting the staff as much varied experience as possible plus keeping them from interviews with other teams ; led to where players in positions had more experience than the coaches at times. That they knew their position way more than the coaches.

- McCarthy believed he was an offensive genius as a coach. Not realizing it was the players like Cobb , Jennings etc who were drafted by Ted Thompson and built for that run. Plus he felt it was him being smarter than Rodgers who its claimed was actually making the offense work. Not that Rodgers was an innocent person in this as some players pointed to his ego ; but he was considered THE STAR who made this work. A fact that Rodgers grew frustrated at McCarthy's lack of offensive innovation and bailing the team out repeatedly.

- McCarthy its claimed adapted a CEO approach who let his assistants do more and he denies taking a massage on a Saturday before a game during meetings then. That players claim he would go take a massage they learned in his office before a meeting. McCarthy denies this claim.

- Now Aaron Rodgers isn't an angel in this. A lot of his problems was his ego and change as time happened. That he always had an anger at how McCarthy did him as a draft pick in 2005 and that this chip carried to everyone at times. Rodgers had anger at Brett Farve a fact that WR Greg Jennings would learn later. Jennings claims he was close at one time with Rodgers and had him come for Thanksgiving dinner for a few years to his house to eat with his family. That things were good til 2009 when Jennings spoke to Farve before a game. That Rodgers got mad over it.

- This pettiness led to Rodgers in 2012 telling one 49ers player that they could get Jennings after the season if they wanted him. Which stunned Jennings as the 2 had developed a great chemistry on the field and Jennings considered Rodgers a friend at one point. But that relationship was broken and years later as Jennings works as a reporter he has tried to speak to Rodgers who won't speak to him before games. Others will and have tried to set it up. This is YEARS later.

- Rodgers freezing people out also has been part of his personal life as well. As his football fame has grew he's frozen former friends , players and even his own family out. He hasn't spoken to his family since 2014.

- A big problem was Rodgers loves to free lance and change plays in huddle. Which at times works but failed more in 2018 as he had younger players around him. Rodgers would get angry if said players didn't listen to his changes in huddle instead of what McCarthy would call. If the players didn't listen to him ...well he'd lose faith in going to them. Being in Rodgers dog house where he'd rip players became a big deal (as the Bleacher Report claims happened with WR Jeff Janis) .

- In all the team also had issues where Ted Thompson (GM) started to get old. He'd fall asleep in meetings and more. That the team really seemed to be in chaos with its Head Coach and all-star QB failing as well as its GM here.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

AAF issues statement: “We are very sorry”

All part of that cautionary tale about the lack of stability of fly-by-night pro football leagues. For anyone eager to see the return of Vince McMahon's XFL, don't get too excited, that probably won't be around long either.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Not pictured there...

The helmets will be METALLIC green.

Most critics are saying the Jets uniforms look like an arena league team. Which is appropriate, because that's how they've played the past 5 years or so.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

The last successful spring league was the USFL. Before Donald Trump took it over and caused its demise. Watch how the USFL and NFL waged a draft war which shocked the NFL with how they approached signing players as well as salaries. Also learn how this impacted players like Boomer Esasion , Steve Young and others.

- The whole situation with Steve Young led to a situation which impacted the Bengals as we see. The Bengals were gonna draft Young #1 overall in 1984 and make him backup Ken Anderson a season or two. Young did not want to be a backup QB and decided against that move so he signed a $40 million dollar deal with USFL.

- This had the Bengals trade picks with the Patriots who didn't need a QB. But they wanted Irving Fryar (WR) so he was selected 1# overall. But they signed him weeks earlier already to stop him from going to USFL. Also 3 Nebraska players likely would have went 1-3 a 1st in history and its never happened either.

- The whole deal with Bengals led Boomer to fall in the draft. As he told his agent he had no plans to play for the Colts since he was a proud Maryland resident and saw the move being ****.

- The NFL realized that the USFL was not gonna be around long due to the way it was being ran so they instituted the Supplemental Draft to bring in USFL players. As they knew that influx of talent would ripple through salaries and cause a big issue. So they had a draft and Young who would have been a Bengal in 1984 ended up becoming a Buc in 1985.

One correction. Boomer grew up on Long Island, NY and was a Jets and Giants fan. He only went to school at the U of Maryland. I doubt he would refuse to play for the Colts over their move. And he is on NY Sports Radio and often talks about his college football and being drafted, has never said anything about not wanting to go to the Colts.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

On the Packers. I don't doubt there is truth in that article. But i also think the source is someone with an axe to grind. It is probably more negative than the reality.

One correction. Boomer grew up on Long Island, NY and was a Jets and Giants fan. He only went to school at the U of Maryland. I doubt he would refuse to play for the Colts over their move. And he is on NY Sports Radio and often talks about his college football and being drafted, has never said anything about not wanting to go to the Colts.
    The video plays on youtube (weirdly not here). At the 7:30 mark...

Boomer - "One team I would have ended up with loaded up the Mayflower trucks and moved to Indy. "

Peter King - "Boomer made it clear he had no intention of suiting up ever for the Colts in Indy."

The video won't play. But I trust your recap and stand corrected.