Page 36 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The Chiefs basically gutted the defense by moving out 2 older players in Eric Berry and Justin Houston and trading away a player who likely would be a hard fit in Dee Ford by doing a 4-3 defense now. They have signed younger not acclaimed defensive players to man those spots in Tyrann Mathieu (safety) , Bashaud Breeland (CB) and Alex Okafer (DE). Those were the only real big free agents and Breeland is a risk one since he was hurt half of last season.

So I'd think they would draft defense and look at adding a CB or defensive line. But with Tyreek Hill's situation as them and the league wait on what comes next , the Chiefs may look at drafting a top WR if one falls to them. As someone joked in a pre-draft deal ...if you know your defense isn't gonna be there yet , just add more gasoline to that offense and Pat Mahomes.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The Chiefs basically gutted the defense by moving out 2 older players in Eric Berry and Justin Houston and trading away a player who likely would be a hard fit in Dee Ford by doing a 4-3 defense now. They have signed younger not acclaimed defensive players to man those spots in Tyrann Mathieu (safety) , Bashaud Breeland (CB) and Alex Okafer (DE). Those were the only real big free agents and Breeland is a risk one since he was hurt half of last season.

So I'd think they would draft defense and look at adding a CB or defensive line. But with Tyreek Hill's situation as them and the league wait on what comes next , the Chiefs may look at drafting a top WR if one falls to them. As someone joked in a pre-draft deal ...if you know your defense isn't gonna be there yet , just add more gasoline to that offense and Pat Mahomes.
    Honey Badger, when healthy, is a force. Be prepared for the fortunes of KC's secondary to be on how he's feeling. Because when he's not 100%, he can be a liability in coverage that can be exploited. And he gets dinged up quite a bit.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

A red flag, or just a moment of youthful dumbassery? You decide.

Nick Bosa under fire for liking Instagrams with racist, homophobic hashtags in 2014
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Honey Badger, when healthy, is a force. Be prepared for the fortunes of KC's secondary to be on how he's feeling. Because when he's not 100%, he can be a liability in coverage that can be exploited. And he gets dinged up quite a bit.
    Really given KC's rebuilding on defense there is no excuse that the Chargers or anyone can win the AFC West in 2019. KC will have to depend on Mahomes to score a ton of points again. Can he again throw for 5,000+ yards and 50 TD's again ?

I really hope they can rebuild the unit. It took a few seasons in late 2000's to get the unit back up again.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Chiefs trade their first round pick this year, a 2nd round pick next year and swap 3rd round picks this year to Seattle for Frank Clark and sign Clark to a 5 year $105.5 million deal. Looks like they wanted a proven commodity to build their defense rather than looking in the draft.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    A red flag, or just a moment of youthful dumbassery? You decide.

Nick Bosa under fire for liking Instagrams with racist, homophobic hashtags in 2014
    Heard he's a Trumpanzee. Would not be surprised to find out he's a klansman.

Well KC did a decent move here to get a 4-3 pass rushing DE in Clark. They likely would be hard pressed to land someone late in the 1st rd to have an impact. Now KC can use their 2nd rd picks this season and all to try and land perhaps a CB or maybe a WR they need in case Hill's situation flares up.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well KC did a decent move here to get a 4-3 pass rushing DE in Clark. They likely would be hard pressed to land someone late in the 1st rd to have an impact. Now KC can use their 2nd rd picks this season and all to try and land perhaps a CB or maybe a WR they need in case Hill's situation flares up.
    Wow, makes me wonder how many $100 million dollar players the Chiefs will have over the next couple of player signings.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Heard he's a Trumpanzee. Would not be surprised to find out he's a klansman.
    More about Bosa (yeah, he IS a fan of Trump) whom I'm sure must have teams wondering if he's worth the trouble:

Opinion: Nick Bosa's lack of conviction worse than his conservative views

Quote Originally Posted by DungeonmasterJim View Post
    Wow, makes me wonder how many $100 million dollar players the Chiefs will have over the next couple of player signings.
    Mahomes has like a season or two left. Next year Chris Jones comes up for a big pay day. They were gonna hand Tyreek Hill a huge pay day given his 2+ years of production and being a HR hitter. The contract was gonna be $100+ million . Instead Hill's issues came up and KC put the brakes to it.

According to rumors (and its rumors) Patrick Peterson wants out of Arizona and its said that the likely destination is Kansas City. So the Chiefs could trade for yet another defensive star in the span of days possibly. This would fill massive needs as KC would upgrade the secondary more.

More about Bosa (yeah, he IS a fan of Trump) whom I'm sure must have teams wondering if he's worth the trouble:

Opinion: Nick Bosa's lack of conviction worse than his conservative views
    I'm not a fan of Nick Bosa and I haven't been. I hated his choice to essentially sit out his senior season to work for the Combine. This is just icing on the cake. And to be clear, I don't care of you're conservative. I understand most football players are conservative. It's why people like Kaepernick and Arian Foster are always refreshing. But, there's never any excuse to be racist or homophobic. And his excuse for deleting them makes it worse. I'm willing to join you on the ride if you say that you were a dumb kid when you posted or liked those things, but to say you deleted things because you might get drafted by San Francisco. Get the hell out of here.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    I'm not a fan of Nick Bosa and I haven't been. I hated his choice to essentially sit out his senior season to work for the Combine. This is just icing on the cake. And to be clear, I don't care of you're conservative. I understand most football players are conservative. It's why people like Kaepernick and Arian Foster are always refreshing. But, there's never any excuse to be racist or homophobic. And his excuse for deleting them makes it worse. I'm willing to join you on the ride if you say that you were a dumb kid when you posted or liked those things, but to say you deleted things because you might get drafted by San Francisco. Get the hell out of here.
    And, on top of that, Bosa is a stone fool to think that just because he deleted those moronic posts, they're gone for good, they're not, anyone can tell you that. Unfortunately, that punk figures to be no worse than the second pick in the Draft....where the Niners are, and I'm sure their fans already know about his idiocy. That's could wind up being a match made in hell.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    'Irreparable harm' - ya think? Amazing how the harm is tied to a video release rather than his decision to go slumming it with the poor sex-slave prostitutes at bargain prices in a mini-mall.
    I'm more concerned about the potential jurors who would be forced to cross-examine security camera footage of a 70+ year old man getting his prunes rocked than at Robert Kraft's dignity.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Report: Peyton Manning passes on ESPN's 'Monday Night Football'

Thank god. MNF is barely watchable as it is because of the clowns in the booth, adding Manning's southern yokel drawl would make games nightmarish to listen to.
    I'm still in shock as to just how ignorant the crew is to football when they did the National Championship game. It consisted mostly of Booger eating and Tessitore looking like he was going to lick the damn walls. Bear in mind that they replaced the coaches crew that played analytics the previous year.