Page 4 of 80 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    With the Patriots winning they now face a very uncertain off-season ahead.

- Brady will turn 42 ; he's already defied father time in the NFL thus far among whispers he was losing a step. In fact the Rams comically would this past week have a player say Brady was losing a step then make him come back and admit he was wrong that Brady was still solid as a QB. But the guy turns 42 and no 42 year old QB has started 16 games in a season before.

So the NFL Draft has to be there for the Patriots to think about his heir apparent. Many have said it could be Murray who has this big skill set and just wins games. We shall see if he slips to #32.

- Rob Gronkowski isn't what he once was , he's entering the final year of his deal and the Patriots have some big decisions ahead on what they should do here. Last year Gronk turned down a trade and this year he may end up cut as the Patriots will have only $17 million in cap space so they have some hard moves ahead.

- With 17 million in cap room the Patriots have key free agents in Chris Hogan (WR) , Phillip Dorsett (WR) , Danny Shelton (DT) , Eric Rowe (CB) , Jason McCourty (CB) and Trey Flowers (DE). They also have 16 other free agents but these were the key ones. So major changes will need to happen to try and keep some of the defense there.
    Hogan and Dorsett are easily replaceable players in the draft. However, McCourty, Flowers, and Shelton? They're more likely to get re-upped.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

The Falcons cut Robert Alford. He's 30, and coming off a disappointing season, but I guess they needed the cap space. I wouldn't mind the 49ers going after him, and I think I saw a tweet that stated they are interested. They really need cornerback help as evidenced from last season. Actually the entire secondary needs help. Alford has a lot of starting experience, so maybe he can bounce back from a bad year.

Would trading Joe Flacco to Washington be viable? I think he would work out there.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Hogan and Dorsett are easily replaceable players in the draft. However, McCourty, Flowers, and Shelton? They're more likely to get re-upped.
    Both McCourty Bros might be retiring.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Would trading Joe Flacco to Washington be viable? I think he would work out there.
    Since it's likely Alex Smith's career is over after that horrific leg injury he suffered, and the next man up on the Deadskins' QB depth chart (when last I checked) was journeyman Colt McCoy, Flacco would definitely be an improvement.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

One of the more intriguing story lines of this off-season might be... Where the hell are the Raiders playing in 2019? Does anyone even want them to play in their city for a year?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    One of the more intriguing story lines of this off-season might be... Where the hell are the Raiders playing in 2019? Does anyone even want them to play in their city for a year?
    Good lord! Talk about a dumpster fire! I had heard the situation with the Raiders was bad, but not THAT bad! So, where will they end up playing their home games? A college stadium?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

So that rumor they might play in San Fran is bunk?
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Nobody shows up to LA games and it's a brand new stadium. Use that one.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Anybody watch Mic'd up? It features a lot of the coaches this time, more than normal.

And gave us a window in New England ... TB12 argued and lobbied for all 3 impact plays with Belicheck (the game ending FG, switch from run to pass in the middle of the 3rd, changing the personal back to run the same play a third time, resulting in the huge Gronk catch).

Brady might be more essential than most people think.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Anybody watch Mic'd up? It features a lot of the coaches this time, more than normal.

And gave us a window in New England ... TB12 argued and lobbied for all 3 impact plays with Belicheck (the game ending FG, switch from run to pass in the middle of the 3rd, changing the personal back to run the same play a third time, resulting in the huge Gronk catch).

Brady might be more essential than most people think.
    I enjoy the mic'ed up videos quite a bit although I haven't seen the one you just mentioned. The ones with Belichick are really interesting. On post game interviews he's always dour and ' on to (next city)'. He doesn't celebrate TDs during the game probably because the game isn't over. But he can be really feisty on the sidelines. He doesn't have a problem telling a complaining opponent player to F off.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

NFL News

- Guard Matt Slauson announced his retirement after 10 seasons as a starter. Slauson played for 4 teams during his career and was last starting at guard for the Colts. He suffered a back injury and it led to his decision to retire. Slauson became a player-coach essentially during the season and helped that way.

- Atlanta continued to shed salary ahead of free agency. Today they announced they were moving on from long time kicker Matt Bryant after 10 seasons. Bryant leaves as the all-time scorer in franchise history and made many game winning kicks according to Arthur Blank. He gave him props for that. The Falcons decided to go with a younger , cheaper option in Giorgio Tavecchio who filled in for the older Bryant for 3 games when he was injured.

- NFL.COM discussed what a great personal man that Gil Brandt was in Dallas in this article and how he scouted and picked numerous players.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...llworthy-savvy
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    So that rumor they might play in San Fran is bunk?
    It was true enough that the Raiders were talking about playing in the Giants' park...

Unfortunately, Mark Davis is too dumb to realize that the 49ers and/or the city could nix the deal whenever they felt like, and they needed to clear it with them first.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Flacco is done as a starter IMO. I don't see the point in getting him. He shouldn't be starting, and won't be the future. He's already 33, and Alex Smith is 34. Why have two middling starters on the roster? They're not going to just give up on Alex Smith after they just got him, even with his injury. They would be stuck with a massive cap hit if he was cut as well. If he can't play that would be another thing, but now he's on the road to recovery. They'll probably look into the draft to try and get someone they think has potential to take over one day.

Bruce Allen himself addressed this entire situation 2 days ago: http://www.espn.com/blog/washington-...smith-recovers
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 02-06-2019 at 08:22 PM.

Do you guys think Antonio Brown has CTE? I mean seriously....
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.