Page 42 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Well its not as if Rosen was blindsided if he followed any NFL news at all. Still, its pretty spectacularly crazy to draft a QB in the first round two years in a row.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Well its not as if Rosen was blindsided if he followed any NFL news at all. Still, its pretty spectacularly crazy to draft a QB in the first round two years in a row.
    The question now is if, or rather when, will Rosen be traded. I can't imagine the Cards keeping him around when they've made it plain by drafting Murray that they don't want him. That's only going to make for a damn uncomfortable QB room.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Indeed! This is why its so crucial for NFL rookies to perform well under their rookie contracts, so they can get the big second contract and basically become vested. Rosen didn't perform all that well and now he is in rookie limbo.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Indeed! This is why its so crucial for NFL rookies to perform well under their rookie contracts, so they can get the big second contract and basically become vested. Rosen didn't perform all that well and now he is in rookie limbo.
    I'm not sure it was all Rosen's fault. Granted, I'm not familiar with the QB situation in Arizona (worstblogever could educate us), but I think the plan was for Rosen to redshirt and learn the ropes behind Sam Bradford, but then Bradford did what Bradford does best....get injured and Rosen was thrown into the deep end of the pool. Perhaps Rosen can resurrect his career someplace else, it won't happen in the desert.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I hear the fins are the front runners to get Rosen. Donald, allen, and now rosen will all be in the AFC East if it happens.
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

I am on the fence about the steelers picking bush. I really like the player, but I am not too happy about what they had to give up to get the 10th overall pick.
    When I was seventeen,

My name was Brian McGee,
    When I was seventeen.

Unconfirmed reports out there that a deal between Miami and Arizona for Rosen is verbally agreed upon. AZ will get Miami's 2nd rd pick for Rosen.

I think this is a win for Miami and Rosen. Rosen was mired in a horrific system last year with the worst offensive line in the league so there is no real way to judge him. Now he's going to a team run by former Patriots coaches and if they can bring the thing the Patriots are best at which is adjusting their system to fit their players rather than try to force a system on players they will make this work. We saw how the right system turned Jared Goff from a bust to a superstar so hopefully this can happen here too.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Unconfirmed reports out there that a deal between Miami and Arizona for Rosen is verbally agreed upon. AZ will get Miami's 2nd rd pick for Rosen.

I think this is a win for Miami and Rosen. Rosen was mired in a horrific system last year with the worst offensive line in the league so there is no real way to judge him. Now he's going to a team run by former Patriots coaches and if they can bring the thing the Patriots are best at which is adjusting their system to fit their players rather than try to force a system on players they will make this work. We saw how the right system turned Jared Goff from a bust to a superstar so hopefully this can happen here too.
    I've also heard it actually be a 3rd rounder and a late pick which Miami should absolutely jump on, but I am not sure how reliable that info is. I personally think Rosen would have a higher ceiling than the other two 2018 QB's playing in that division, I am not a big believer in Darnold.
    When I was seventeen,

My name was Brian McGee,
    When I was seventeen.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I'm not sure it was all Rosen's fault. Granted, I'm not familiar with the QB situation in Arizona (worstblogever could educate us), but I think the plan was for Rosen to redshirt and learn the ropes behind Sam Bradford, but then Bradford did what Bradford does best....get injured and Rosen was thrown into the deep end of the pool. Perhaps Rosen can resurrect his career someplace else, it won't happen in the desert.
    Teams are now looking at the Alex Smith/Pat Mahomes situation where you ride that veteran for a year as the young rookie QB learns from him and takes the team over. The NY Giants as one example are doing that this season. But teams like Cleveland , Buffalo and Arizona had issues. The offensive line got their QB's killed fast. The talent around the QB's for the most part in Buffalo and Arizona had the young QB's struggle as they were thrown in before they were ready.

Mahomes had it so good. He had a great set of offensive coaches around him. He was allowed to grow as a QB during a season. It wasn't Rosen's fault as he didn't have a good offensive coaching staff and he was thrown in way before he was ready.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

A day after the audio was leaked to a local Kansas City TV station , the DA has re-opened the case into Tyreek Hill's situation. So basically Hill will be toast for 2019.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Apparently the hangup in the Rosen trade to Miami was that Arizona wanted Miami's 2nd rd pick at 48 while Miami either wanted to give up just a 3rd or get a 4th back along with Rosen. Well now Miami has traded their 2nd rd pick to the Saints and moved down to pick 62. Will it be the happy medium they can agree on?

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Apparently the hangup in the Rosen trade to Miami was that Arizona wanted Miami's 2nd rd pick at 48 while Miami either wanted to give up just a 3rd or get a 4th back along with Rosen. Well now Miami has traded their 2nd rd pick to the Saints and moved down to pick 62. Will it be the happy medium they can agree on?
    It was. The deal got done with an additional swap of later round picks and picks for next year.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

DK went to SEA.

Lol ... good luck getting your l ockerroom under control.

Post route master in the house.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Rosen was out there earlier than he should have been, and by the point he hit the field, Arizona already had lost 4 of its 5 starting OL for the season to injury. By year's end, it was all five. It's hard to tell if Rosen's any good when there's garbage in front of him, save for Mason Cole, the backup center who looks to be a future starter.

On the upside, Patrick Peterson finally saw AZ draft a quality corner to play opposite him (and addressed the position in free agency with Robert Alford, as well). My only surprise is the kid they took out of Washington, instead of Greedy Williams from LSU, Peterson's alma mater. Then again, safety Budda Baker played at UW, so there's still some synergy.

Miami snagged him as a project, and if he fails all year, they're still lined up to get Tua in 2020.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Rosen was out there earlier than he should have been, and by the point he hit the field, Arizona already had lost 4 of its 5 starting OL for the season to injury. By year's end, it was all five. It's hard to tell if Rosen's any good when there's garbage in front of him, save for Mason Cole, the backup center who looks to be a future starter.

On the upside, Patrick Peterson finally saw AZ draft a quality corner to play opposite him (and addressed the position in free agency with Robert Alford, as well). My only surprise is the kid they took out of Washington, instead of Greedy Williams from LSU, Peterson's alma mater. Then again, safety Budda Baker played at UW, so there's still some synergy.

Miami snagged him as a project, and if he fails all year, they're still lined up to get Tua in 2020.
    So pretty much the plan is to throw Murray out there with the same garbage line and expect that his magical feet will somehow keep him alive.