Page 44 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

I'm glad I slept through the final day. I'm pretty disappointed with the how the rest of the draft went outside our first two selections. A punter in the 4th I just can't get on board with. Especially a 27 year old rookie. Doesn't matter if he turns out to be the next Ray Guy. Maybe if the franchise is already a winning ball club you make that pick. Maybe. Tim Harris was a good pick later on, but I felt the 49ers really needed to address the secondary way earlier. Sherman's best days are behind him, Witherspoon had a down second year, Verrett is a huge injury risk, and outside of that there really isn't anyone on the roster to get excited about at corner. I don't understand the faith in Jimmie Ward either. Colbert took a huge step back in his second year. I guess if the 49ers want, there are guys like Tre Waynes or Chris Harris on the trade block. Tre Boston is still out there if they want a FS. Still, my enthusiasm for Lynch is dwindling.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Good Lord! Who in their right mind watches the last day of the Draft? I never go past the first day, and even then, never past when my team (Eagles) make their pick.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Good Lord! Who in their right mind watches the last day of the Draft? I never go past the first day, and even then, never past when my team (Eagles) make their pick.
    I used to do all 3 days ....but I had way more time and patience to do that. I never would post day #2 or #3 given that the whole deal moves so quick. (5-10 minutes between draft picks and teams are moving like lightning)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I don't think I have in years honestly. Usually just a little, and then I tune out. But this time I thought I might...then I decided nope. Especially since it came on at midnight here.

I was watching Shannon Sharpe (and I never rarely agree with him at all) and he discussed Tyreek Hill and the Chiefs more or less gonna move on at some point. As he said KC used a 5th rd pick on a player and took a chance. Like they did with Kareem Hunt. KC had little invested in Hill or Hunt at this point. They got a couple Pro Bowl nods and while the loss is gonna be felt on field given his talent at stretching the field and giving Mahomes a HR threat at any time...the Chiefs will have nothing major invested.

Its scary how close KC came to handing Hill $100+ million in 4-5 seasons as his deal was basically done. The team was gonna have him sign the extension likely right around March at some point. Then suddenly we saw this happen as KC put the brakes on quick. And imagine how insane that is. A player who was gonna massively cash in , just watches as he loses that due to being an ******* scumbag.

But as someone brought up to Sharpe what team will sign Hill after this ? The Adrian Peterson deal was brought up. But both agreed Hill will be handed a 1 year suspension by the NFL soon.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    I don't think I have in years honestly. Usually just a little, and then I tune out. But this time I thought I might...then I decided nope. Especially since it came on at midnight here.
    I remember back in the day when the Draft began at noon on Saturday and I didn’t mind spending a few hours waiting for my team to make their pick. Back then, I often watched the first round in it’s entirety, sometimes longer if the weather was crappy. But that all ended when the show went to prime time, and on Thursday, the first pick wasn’t in until almost 8:30, that made watching the entire first round a chore instead of a pleasure, so I don’t bother anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    This is the 1st I heard of this now. Like the Bosa situation. Jeeze **** , what is going on with these players nowadays. Either they are saying terrible horse **** or doing terrible horse ****.
    Lots of people say horrible things when they were immature kids. Especially if they were raised in environments where they wouldn't know better. Its whether they change or not when they get older and view the world through their own eyes that should count.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Lots of people say horrible things when they were immature kids. Especially if they were raised in environments where they wouldn't know better. Its whether they change or not when they get older and view the world through their own eyes that should count.
    With Bosa the Younger, he was well past being an immature kid when he called Colin Kaepernick a clown. That leads me to believe he hasn’t changed or matured with age, he simply decided to keep his dumbassery to himself like he said he would before the Draft. Whether or not he can maintain that silence is anybody’s guess. The cynic in me suspects he won’t.

One player unhappy right now after the draft is Cleveland Browns RB Duke Johnson. The pass catching RB wants out of Cleveland as he was signed to a 2-3 year deal last season then watched as the team signed Kareem Hunt who will miss 8 games due to suspension. Johnson asked for a trade a couple months ago and basically Cleveland has dragged their feet on it. After the draft he still wants traded as he's not happy.

Fantastic Member

This is the 1st I heard of this now. Like the Bosa situation. Jeeze **** , what is going on with these players nowadays. Either they are saying terrible horse **** or doing terrible horse ****.
    Sometimes I wonder if this is just the culture of sports. I only played in a recreational league but in the six years I played I heard some horrible **** from my teammates from racists comments, to anti-gay to rapey stuff. The difference between then and now is that there is Twitter. None of the stuff was okay and one of my black friends/teammates was the one to mention the racist stuff so it affected some of the guys emotionally. But I can't say I'm surprised when sports often focus on being so alpha male that nasty, derogatory stuff comes spewing out of players' mouths.

EDIT: I should've read the posts after this one because the people responding said everything I just did.
    Last edited by DungeonmasterJim; 04-28-2019 at 09:09 PM.

I was watching Shannon Sharpe (and I never rarely agree with him at all) and he discussed Tyreek Hill and the Chiefs more or less gonna move on at some point. As he said KC used a 5th rd pick on a player and took a chance. Like they did with Kareem Hunt. KC had little invested in Hill or Hunt at this point. They got a couple Pro Bowl nods and while the loss is gonna be felt on field given his talent at stretching the field and giving Mahomes a HR threat at any time...the Chiefs will have nothing major invested.

Its scary how close KC came to handing Hill $100+ million in 4-5 seasons as his deal was basically done. The team was gonna have him sign the extension likely right around March at some point. Then suddenly we saw this happen as KC put the brakes on quick. And imagine how insane that is. A player who was gonna massively cash in , just watches as he loses that due to being an ******* scumbag.

Could be worse... Arizona had the same thing happen like six years ago with Daryl Washington... except he became an ***hole almost immediately after signing a 5 year, $50 million deal. The Chiefs are lucky they got to shut the door on him before tying one arm behind their back with the salary cap.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Could be worse... Arizona had the same thing happen like six years ago with Daryl Washington... except he became an ***hole almost immediately after signing a 5 year, $50 million deal. The Chiefs are lucky they got to shut the door on him before tying one arm behind their back with the salary cap.
    Its luck for KC as both Hunt and Hill would have commanded big salaries and their infractions happened right before it came to pay day . KC seemingly runs a better ship than the Bengals do. I mean they keep assholes around for years and seem to coddle that as we saw with the LB that cost them games and was suspended each year. Even the Browns kept Josh Gordon beyond all rights to do it.

KC traded away Marcus Peters due to his actions in locker room after 2017. They didn't care if it hurt the team , he was becoming a locker room cancer and Reid was like...**** it. He's gone...they cut Hunt after he lied to them claiming he didn't assault the woman so he was cut. Hill likely will eat a 1 year suspension and be cut next.

Its luck for KC as both Hunt and Hill would have commanded big salaries and their infractions happened right before it came to pay day . KC seemingly runs a better ship than the Bengals do. I mean they keep assholes around for years and seem to coddle that as we saw with the LB that cost them games and was suspended each year. Even the Browns kept Josh Gordon beyond all rights to do it.

KC traded away Marcus Peters due to his actions in locker room after 2017. They didn't care if it hurt the team , he was becoming a locker room cancer and Reid was like...**** it. He's gone...they cut Hunt after he lied to them claiming he didn't assault the woman so he was cut. Hill likely will eat a 1 year suspension and be cut next.
    The four paths of having scumbags on your roster:

Cleveland- Shrug, keep them even though they're suspended, and you're paying them a fortune because they'll be better than anything you have when their suspensions end. Sign suspended scumbags.
    Arizona- Pay them before they're scum, and then be saddled with their contracts chewing up your salary cap for over a decade. Have your PR team deflect on all questions regarding them, and point out you can't cut players that are suspended.
    KC- Sit on your wallets and wait for the news to break so you're not stuck with them.
    Cincinnatti: Build a roster of guys who are all over the police blotter, and then act surprised when they're an undisciplined mess who do stupid things in high pressure situations on the field. When they aren't suspended.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

I tuned in for the last half hour or so just to see Mr. Irrelevant get picked. Always fun.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I tuned in for the last half hour or so just to see Mr. Irrelevant get picked. Always fun.
    The Lowsman Trophy is all kinds of comedic awesome.
    Dark does not mean deep.