Page 45 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I tuned in for the last half hour or so just to see Mr. Irrelevant get picked. Always fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The Lowsman Trophy is all kinds of comedic awesome.
    Some Mr. Irrelevant's selected who have went on to some NFL success (and one is still playing folks !) .

Marty Moore
    Jim Finn
    Mike Green
    Ryan Succop (still playing for the Titans !)

Hell had Chad Kelly not been a colossal **** up he maybe the biggest success playing currently. As he was due to become the starting QB for the Denver Broncos before his arrest last season and release.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post

Gettleman picked Jones due to his links to the Manning family more or less. It was due to that and potential. But as some have weighed in ..Haskins and Lock have done way more than Jones has in college. Also to defend the pick comically , Gettleman was detailing how many organizations he's been part of who had QB's like Colts and Panthers. But as someone pointed out...he never made those selections. He had no real hand in those picks. It was others who picked those players.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Jamaal Charles is signing a one day contract to retire as a Chief.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other...id=AMZN#page=2

I didn't know he was already the franchise's all time leading rusher. Amazing talent. Injuries just killed him. Also, it's unfortunate he never spent his prime years with a quality quarterback. I'm not sure why, but I think that is arguable the saddest circumstance in the league for a productive player. Running backs already have a short shelf life. They don't have time, and shouldn't be the first threat on offense no matter how special they are. It should be the quarterback.

Anyway, mini rant concluded.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post

I didn't know he was already the franchise's all time leading rusher. Amazing talent. Injuries just killed him. Also, it's unfortunate he never spent his prime years with a quality quarterback. I'm not sure why, but I think that is arguable the saddest circumstance in the league for a productive player. Running backs already have a short shelf life. They don't have time, and shouldn't be the first threat on offense no matter how special they are. It should be the quarterback.

Injuries hurt Charles. He really only had Alex Smith as the best QB during his stretch and its sad injuries took him away. Charles had he stayed healthy would have had a Hall of Fame career as he was averaging 5.4+ yards a carry. Hell before the injuries what is wild is Charles was close to 6 yards a carry.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I could be wrong, I probably am wrong, but until Patrick Mahomes came along, I don't think the Chiefs have had a really stellar quarterback since Len Dawson was matriculating Hank Stram's teams down the field in the early 70's. By the time Joe Montana arrived in 1993, he was pretty much cooked, and despite all his gaudy numbers, Alex Smith was seen (in my eyes anyway) as more of the dreaded game manager instead of a difference maker like, say, Tom Brady.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Fantastic Member

Just wondering if it's sad because the player doesn't have the best chance of winning or if a better QB might increase their stats in some way.

Gordon signed and is expected to be back in NE with a mental health recovery and accountability team.

Edelman, Gordon, Thomas, and Harry with Dorsett running around on option slants is going to be a nightmare.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Expanding on the anger fans have with Gettleman (who better hope Daniel Jones does great) the GM claimed 2 teams had Jones on their draft boards early. Hinting that the Redskins wanted Jones. Well the Redskins GM slammed that claiming the Giants had no clue who were on their draft boards and wanted Haskins above all. They even was considering trading up but changed their minds once the Giants selected Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I could be wrong, I probably am wrong, but until Patrick Mahomes came along, I don't think the Chiefs have had a really stellar quarterback since Len Dawson was matriculating Hank Stram's teams down the field in the early 70's. By the time Joe Montana arrived in 1993, he was pretty much cooked, and despite all his gaudy numbers, Alex Smith was seen (in my eyes anyway) as more of the dreaded game manager instead of a difference maker like, say, Tom Brady.
    Trent Green was good from 2002 to 2005. In my opinion a top 5 guy. Priest Holmes was great during those years not coincidentally.

Quote Originally Posted by DungeonmasterJim View Post
    Just wondering if it's sad because the player doesn't have the best chance of winning or if a better QB might increase their stats in some way.
    It's sad because of all the abuse a runner has to take, and their short expiration date. Even if they have a monster year a team can still finish like 2-14. Remember Corey Dillon all those years in Cincinnati?

BANNED

It's sad because of all the abuse a runner has to take, and their short expiration date. Even if they have a monster year a team can still finish like 2-14. Remember Corey Dillon all those years in Cincinnati?
    If you're a star athlete in high school though, running back is the position that you want to play because getting the ball on half the plays is your best chance to get noticed by college and pro scouts, since you have to get into the league first before you can start worrying about how long your career is going to last. The plethora of talented backs out there does devalue the position though, because teams always know they can pick up some guy off the waiver wire who was a record breaking stud in college, and you have to wonder how many of those guys could have turned into impact defenders, always in short supply, had they been open to a position change early on.

Days after Jamaal Charles signed a 1 day contract with the Chiefs and retired ; Derrick Johnson will now do the same deal. He is expected to sign a 1 day contract and retire as a Chief as well. Johnson played 14 seasons in KC before being released in 2018. Johnson was a 1st rd pick and perhaps one of the best LB's who played as he could rush the passer or drop back into coverage as well. He also is the all-time leader in tackles for the Chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    If you're a star athlete in high school though, running back is the position that you want to play because getting the ball on half the plays is your best chance to get noticed by college and pro scouts, since you have to get into the league first before you can start worrying about how long your career is going to last. The plethora of talented backs out there does devalue the position though, because teams always know they can pick up some guy off the waiver wire who was a record breaking stud in college, and you have to wonder how many of those guys could have turned into impact defenders, always in short supply, had they been open to a position change early on.
    I don't necessarily agree. I would think any college scout, or pro scout is going to be able to tell whether you are worth their time regardless of the position you play. It really depends on what they're looking for. I've never heard of a statistic that one is more likely to make it to the pro level if you play running back. Your chances are slim regardless of what you do.

Charles will always be considered the 3rd best back of that 2008 NFL Draft and was picked way last over all the others. The same draft had the following guys picked before him. In fact had injuries not sadly ruined 2-3 seasons , its clear he would have passed 10,000+ career rushing yards and been considered a Hall of Fame RB. Charles himself believes he should go in as he cited his rushing average was considered the best all-time. Maybe he will. I mean the Hall has voted players in before who had careers derailed due to injuries.

But this was the RB's chosen before Charles in 2008 Draft.

- #1 : Darren McFadden
    - #1 : Jonathon Stewart
    - #1 : Felix Jones
    - #1 : Rashard Mendenhall
    - #1 : Chris Johnson *
    - #2 : Matt Forte *
    - #2 : Ray Rice
    - #3 : Kevin Smith

I'll go ahead and say that Johnson and Forte will be #1 and #2 of this draft RB wise. But I'm sure a number of teams sit and go...how did we let Jamaal Charles get by us ? And Charles before his injuries was electric. Andy Reid would love to have Charles right now in his prime with Mahomes pulling that trigger. He could line Charles up in Hill's spot in passing downs and not worry. (Charles had 2,500+ yards receiving in his career).