Page 46 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The Chiefs are happy to let Tyreek Hill shift the blame

Tyreek Hill’s shameless legal strategy came on full display today: blame his partner for his son’s injuries, and only apologize for telling her that “you should be terrified of me, b---h.”

Hill’s lawyer sent the NFL and every media outlet in the land a letter today containing purported text messages between Hill and his fiancée, Crystal Espinal discussing the injuries to their three-year-old son that kicked off the current criminal investigation into Hill and Espinal.

According to Hill’s lawyer, who reproduced the messages rather than including screenshots, Espinal wrote that “I’m the one that did it. I was hurt and mad you so I blamed you for everything."

That may or may not work in the courts, but it’s already working for the team and league that employs him.

But you don’t have to want Roger Goodell to play sheriff to recognize that if Hill were a lesser player, the Chiefs would have cut him already. Instead, the team is making the cynical — and increasingly accurate — bet that the lack of video will give them enough cover to keep employing Hill.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Yes suspending Hill and barring him from the team til the Investigation is done as well as the fact they drafted his potential replacement by trading up escaped this fucking moron who wrote this column. The Chiefs are seemingly waiting to give Hill the pink slip. They didn't authorize Hill to have his girlfriend take the blame as this idiot seems to be painting or trying to. Like somehow they told Hill to have his girlfriend claim she broke the child's arm. (and honestly ..there was those 2 in that house...so who fucking knows at this point)

Either way if the Chiefs have gave signals they are gonna cut Hill whenever the police do charge Hill (which they can cut Hill and cite this without fear of the NFLPA possibly stepping in ). With Hunt they never backed down that Hunt when this 1st happened months ago lied to them about kicking a woman. That was why they cut him as the article claims which is true. They also said Hunt did lie (which he admitted he lied to the Chiefs) so the NFLPA couldn't step in and try to say KC was wrong to cut Kareem Hunt as they did.

But the part about how this idiot is painting that KC is somehow trying to push Hill to let his GF take the blame...what a tabloid load of horse ****. Not with the moves they quickly made right after and one day #2 traded valuable draft picks to move up and take a WR. They wanted to cover their own ass and if Hill does get charged by police , he'll get cut.

I just wonder how fast this sports writer's home town NFL team decides to take a 2nd chance on Hill and what he writes then ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

In comical news the Chicago Bears traded a 7th rd pick to the Oakland Raiders for kicker Eddie Pineiro. The Bears have 3-4 kickers already in camp and watched them only convert 2 kicks beyond 43 yards FG wise in a practice. The Bears cut their last kicker and now are literally bringing in anyone who can logically make a FG from 43+ yards.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    In comical news the Chicago Bears traded a 7th rd pick to the Oakland Raiders for kicker Eddie Pineiro. The Bears have 3-4 kickers already in camp and watched them only convert 2 kicks beyond 43 yards FG wise in a practice. The Bears cut their last kicker and now are literally bringing in anyone who can logically make a FG from 43+ yards.
    Soldier Field is possibly the worst place to be a kicker in the NFL. It's like... not only is the turf some of the worst natural surface in the league that turns into a mud pit a lot... not only will it be cold for 8 games that you play in, like at Lambeau... we literally call it "The Windy City".

And they're trying to take a scrub place-kicker from any other NFL roster and make it work. That's... a problem, all right.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Sounds like a glorified, and ongoing cattle call. I understand that being a kicker in Soldier Field can make for a nightmarish experience, but this dumpster fire is outrageous.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Soldier Field is possibly the worst place to be a kicker in the NFL. It's like... not only is the turf some of the worst natural surface in the league that turns into a mud pit a lot... not only will it be cold for 8 games that you play in, like at Lambeau... we literally call it "The Windy City".

And they're trying to take a scrub place-kicker from any other NFL roster and make it work. That's... a problem, all right.
    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Sounds like a glorified, and ongoing cattle call. I understand that being a kicker in Soldier Field can make for a nightmarish experience, but this dumpster fire is outrageous.
    They drafted a kicker in the draft , brought in 2-3 guys to camp and now did this trade. Its more wild to see how far the Bears go to get a kicker. The fact before this trade the kickers they had in camp only made 2 from 43 yards is pretty funny.

The next wave of free agency will be hitting in a week and June 1st as cuts come in. Teams are likely looking at picking up older veterans cut due to the draft.

My post-draft predictions for the 2019 season

AFC
    AFC East- the worst division
    Patriots 10-6
    Dolphins 5-11
    Jets 5-11
    Bills 4-12

AFC North
    Ravens 11-5
    Browns 10-6 wild card
    Steelers 9-7
    Bengals 6-10

AFC South- the best division
    Jaguars 10-6
    Texans 9-7
    Titans 9-7
    Colts 8-8

AFC West
    Chiefs 11-5
    Chargers 10-6 wild card
    Broncos 6-10
    Raiders 4-12

NFC
    NFC East
    Eagles 12-4
    Cowboys 7-9
    Giants 7-9
    Redskins 4-12

NFC North
    Bears 11-5
    Vikings 10-6 wild card
    Packers 8-8
    Lions 6-10

NFC South
    Saints 10-6
    Panthers 8-8
    Falcons 8-8
    Bucs 5-11

NFC West
    Rams 10-6
    Seahawks 9-7 wild card
    Cardinals 4-12
    49ers 4-12

The Eagles are returning to the Super Bowl and are playing the Chiefs.

The Redskins are pretty happy with Dwayne Haskins and Jay Gruden bragged his skills up thus far the 2 days of pre-camp he has seen. Gruden however won't push Haskins in before he's ready as he claims that the QB job is up for grabs between Colt McCoy & Case Keenum. The Redskins still have Alex Smith but its said he won't be healthy for 2019. The drafting of Haskins likely will end his Redskins career in 2020.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    My post-draft predictions for the 2019 season

AFC
    AFC East- the worst division
    Patriots 10-6
    Dolphins 5-11
    Jets 5-11
    Bills 4-12

AFC North
    Ravens 11-5
    Browns 10-6 wild card
    Steelers 9-7
    Bengals 6-10

AFC South- the best division
    Jaguars 10-6
    Texans 9-7
    Titans 9-7
    Colts 8-8

AFC West
    Chiefs 11-5
    Chargers 10-6 wild card
    Broncos 6-10
    Raiders 4-12

NFC
    NFC East
    Eagles 12-4
    Cowboys 7-9
    Giants 7-9
    Redskins 4-12

NFC North
    Bears 11-5
    Vikings 10-6 wild card
    Packers 8-8
    Lions 6-10

NFC South
    Saints 10-6
    Panthers 8-8
    Falcons 8-8
    Bucs 5-11

NFC West
    Rams 10-6
    Seahawks 9-7 wild card
    Cardinals 4-12
    49ers 4-12

The Eagles are returning to the Super Bowl and are playing the Chiefs.
    Last year there were 5 teams with 12 or more victories in the regular season: AFC - Chiefs and Chargers, NFC - Saints, Rams, and Chicago. So I'm a bit surprised that you'd have a single team winning 12 games and none with more. However, I'm god awful at picking winners and setting records so who knows?
    I'm going just pick division leaders:
    AFC East - Patriots
    AFC North - Browns
    AFC South - Texans
    AFC West - Chiefs

NFC East - Cowboys
    NFC North - Bears
    NFC South - Saints
    NFC West - Rams

Quote Originally Posted by DungeonmasterJim View Post
    Last year there were 5 teams with 12 or more victories in the regular season: AFC - Chiefs and Chargers, NFC - Saints, Rams, and Chicago. So I'm a bit surprised that you'd have a single team winning 12 games and none with more. However, I'm god awful at picking winners and setting records so who knows?
    I'm going just pick division leaders:
    AFC East - Patriots
    AFC North - Browns
    AFC South - Texans
    AFC West - Chiefs

NFC East - Cowboys
    NFC North - Bears
    NFC South - Saints
    NFC West - Rams
    He also has the league going 250-262 overall, so his predictions are automatically going to be wrong. The league has to be at .500 overall, so there has to be 6 more wins and 6 fewer losses for his predictions to even have a chance of being right.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

In sad news former NFL Coach and Defensive coach Gunther Cunningham has passed away. Cunningham was 72 years old. He was a special defensive consultant to the Detroit Lions his final years in the NFL.

Also after a failed 6 year career former starting QB E.J Manuel officially announced his retirement. Manuel never lived up to his draft as the 16th overall pick in 2013. He had tons of athletic talent but was considered a raw project coming out. A fact many debated on where he should have been drafted rounds wise. (Many felt he was a late 2nd rd pick)

In more sad news , Bills superfan Pancho Billa passed away today at age 39. He was diagnosed with spinal cancer in 2017 but carried on going to games and more. His real name was Ezra Castro and the Buffalo Bills would show support for him as well. Allowing Castro to come on stage to announce a draft pick in 2017 as well as calling him this past draft as he was too ill to attend to announce who they were taking. Ed Oliver would visit him right after the draft as well. RIP Pancho Billa.

Possibly to honor Castro they could ask the family if a fan could wear that in the stands from now on.

The AFC East seems in complete chaos as usual. Because the NY Jets just announced today they are firing GM Mike Maccagnan. This is a pretty wild story.

- A week or two ago a report came out from NY media that Mccagnan and Gase disagreed over a lot of things in free agency to the draft. The Jets denied there was any discord between the 2 men.

- After firing the GM today , its revealed that they disagreed on free agency and money spent on Bell and Mosley in free agency. He liked both players but disagreed on the prices for both. He felt Bell being a RB was paid too much given he's a RB. Meanwhile Mosley he wanted to pay $13 million a year instead of the $17-18 million Mccagnan signed him to. Also Gase pushed to sign Matt Paradis (center) in free agency but was over-ruled as he instead signed with Carolina.

- The team decided to wait til after the draft to see if both men could work things out but realized they couldn't.

- The Jets now are looking at possible candidates to bring in as GM as Gase is acting GM til this is done.

Jets are the new Browns.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium