Page 48 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

NFL News

- The LA Rams and Todd Gurley are being cautious it seems with Gurley's surgical repaired knee right now. Gurley is being held out of camp as they bring him along slowly as well as he is trying to drop down to 218 pounds to be lighter on his knee. Its said that the Rams drafted a 3rd rd running back to now spell Gurley in situations so he isn't bell cow RB moving forward. Due to the yards on his body. (Gurley has nearly 6,300+ combined yards in 4 seasons and is only 24 years old !)

- Gerald McCoy signed with Carolina Panther on Monday. His total deal is basically a 1 year $8 million dollar deal. Incentives sack wise will push it to $10.25 million if he performs. McCoy failed to get a bidding war started as he tried a week or two ago.

- Adam Humphries (WR) before he picked Tennessee to play at this season claimed that the Patriots tried to sign him. Humphries decided on Titans due to the fact he looked at Brady's age and debated if he would be playing all 4 seasons there. (In terms of stupid , Adam Humphries has to be kinda special here , even if Brady plays 2-3 more seasons...you get a shot at a Super Bowl. Also he's Tom f'n Brady and you picked Marcus Mariota who has a MAKE OR BREAK season coming ahead lol)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

The Rams' entire fortunes rest on Todd Gurley, in my mind. If he's not right, I don't think anyone in the league respects Jared Goff enough to not sit back in coverage. They still are the best team in the division, with or without him, but they're not much more than 1st round fodder if he's not right for all 16 games.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

It sounds like the NFL is playing another round of their favorite game: "Stadium Extortion", this time, the victim is Buffalo:

Did Roger Goodell subtly threaten Bills fans over stadium issue at Jim Kelly's charity event?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    It sounds like the NFL is playing another round of their favorite game: "Stadium Extortion", this time, the victim is Buffalo:

Did Roger Goodell subtly threaten Bills fans over stadium issue at Jim Kelly's charity event?
    I really wish more cities would be willing to stand up to these sports franchises and say loudly "No welfare for billionaires!"
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I really wish more cities would be willing to stand up to these sports franchises and say loudly "No welfare for billionaires!"
    Same here. However, it only takes one to tango, and some city will gladly pony up a king's ransom for the "honor" of having an NFL franchise. You can bet the mortgage St. Louis and Oakland will be first line to shout: "TAKE MY MONEY!" if offered the opportunity to get a team again.

In off field news and history seemingly repeating itself. Years earlier Darren Sharper was revealed to be a serial rapist and is currently serving a 20 year prison sentence. Well folks 3 years later it appears Kellen Winslow will now be possibly found guilty and could serve life in prison for rape charges as well. Winslow is accused of raping 5 women.

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...605-story.html

What is insane is Winslow Jr had the chance to become the best TE in NFL history. He had all the physical tools at 6'5 , 250 pounds. He had the physical tools to be a big time TE . If Tony Gonzalez was putting a Hall of Fame career together in mid/late 2000's , then Winslow would do better and become the greatest. So thought scouts. He had all the athletic gifts people brag over.

But something happened along the way. Winslow became an idiot and locker room cancer. The Browns cut his ass after he was injured and he decided to ride wheelies around on his motorcycle as he was recovering from injury. The Browns were patient as usual (i mean they held out hope Josh Gordon would actually shape up for years with no playing). So after issues with team he was traded to Tampa Bay where he played a few years and did ok.

What is wild is Winslow's actions in locker room doomed him. The team hated him as time grew and his own teammates wanted him gone. After 3-4 seasons they traded him to Seattle and he never really played much as he bounced to 2 other teams after it. The funniest was New England which you KNOW ....Bill Belichick likely told him to go get fucked the moment he started to cause an issue. That was 1 team that signed him to offer him a chance to play. (Winslow Jr demanded his release because he felt he wasn't playing enough)

But his career ended with Jets. A career that really had so much promise. Like an Aaron Herandez , both men had their chances to be Hall of Fame TE's down the road. But ego and off field problems took em away.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    The Rams' entire fortunes rest on Todd Gurley, in my mind. If he's not right, I don't think anyone in the league respects Jared Goff enough to not sit back in coverage. They still are the best team in the division, with or without him, but they're not much more than 1st round fodder if he's not right for all 16 games.
    Gurley has a short shelf life anyways, like all running backs do in this league. I figure he has one decent year left before he becomes more of a journeyman role player who can get TDs on short passes. Goff really disappointed me in the Super Bowl, everything was on him to step up and show championship mettle and he floundered like a flounder and just about every key opportunity.

Its all right, I look forward to eventual cheap Rams tickets!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Gurley has a short shelf life anyways, like all running backs do in this league. I figure he has one decent year left before he becomes more of a journeyman role player who can get TDs on short passes. Goff really disappointed me in the Super Bowl, everything was on him to step up and show championship mettle and he floundered like a flounder and just about every key opportunity.

Its all right, I look forward to eventual cheap Rams tickets!
    I think the wheels fall of the Rams this year and the Seahawks sqeak in.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Same here. However, it only takes one to tango, and some city will gladly pony up a king's ransom for the "honor" of having an NFL franchise. You can bet the mortgage St. Louis and Oakland will be first line to shout: "TAKE MY MONEY!" if offered the opportunity to get a team again.
    Meanwhile, a place like San Antonio, having lost its cravings with the AAF, can make a case for a team moving in.

For a team owner, if a city won't accept your stadium agreements, there will be others that will.

Today in NFL News , the Philadelphia Eagles signed Carson Wentz to a 4 year extension. This extension is 4 years at $128 million. But with incentives go as high as $144+ million ! Also he's guaranteed $107 million in those 4 seasons. Wentz doesn't earn as much as Russell Wilson ($35+ million per year) at $32 million. His guaranteed money is higher at $107 million. The deal is through 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Today in NFL News , the Philadelphia Eagles signed Carson Wentz to a 4 year extension. This extension is 4 years at $128 million. But with incentives go as high as $144+ million ! Also he's guaranteed $107 million in those 4 seasons. Wentz doesn't earn as much as Russell Wilson ($35+ million per year) at $32 million. His guaranteed money is higher at $107 million. The deal is through 2024.
    Well, I'm sure glad THAT is out of the way!

The criminal case against Tyreek Hill is no longer active according to the DA of the state.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-longer-active

According to this report the NFL will decide if there is any punishment as will the Chiefs possibly. The child case is still ongoing but according to the report but right now Hill could rejoin the Chiefs in July since really no one knows whats gonna happen punishment wise right now.

NFL News

- The Chiefs coaches meanwhile have raved about 2nd rd pick Mecole Hardman. Andy Reid has said Hardman is picking up the playbook so well , he's started giving him more snaps with Pat Mahomes. (This could be a very insane offense if Hill does get to come back. As the Chiefs will field a WR core of Hardman , Watkins and Hill as well as Kelce)

- The NY Jets have named their new General Manager. Its Joe Douglas the Eagles Pro Player of Personal. He was Gase's pick from the start as it was reported Gase pushed for Douglas. The 2 men last worked together with Chicago Bears in 2015. Douglas is credited with building the Eagles into a Super Bowl winning team as we saw.

- In shocking NFL News , the Houston Texans fired their GM ; Brian Gaine . A year after he took the job in early 2018 ! Gaine's team posted a 11-5 record and went to the playoffs as a wild card. He had signed a 5 year deal and was who Bill O'Brien wanted as GM. But the Texans took Gaine after failing to get an interview with Patriots GM Nick Caserio. The Patriots 2 years ago refused the request and now are gonna try again.

Its said Gaine had no big issues on why he was fired , but the team claimed they didn't like how he ran football operations. Gaine had let Tyrann Mathieu leave in free agency , has the contract issue with Clowney coming up as well as not being able to draft 1st rd tackle Andre Dillard who the Eagles traded a pick ahead and selected.

Regarding Joe Douglas, I guess the Jets made him an offer he just couldn’t refuse, otherwise, why leave the stability of the championship caliber Eagles in favor of a perennial dumpster fire like the Jets who’ll be lucky to finish third in AFC East this coming season. Meanwhile, I heard a rumor that the Texans wasted no time dumping Gaine in the hope of signing Douglas, but failed.

Regarding Joe Douglas, I guess the Jets made him an offer he just couldn’t refuse, otherwise, why leave the stability of the championship caliber Eagles in favor of a perennial dumpster fire like the Jets who’ll be lucky to finish third in AFC East this coming season. Meanwhile, I heard a rumor that the Texans wasted no time dumping Gaine in the hope of signing Douglas, but failed.
    Well the Jets will have 2-3 key players Douglas will have to build around. He has Bell at RB , Darnold at QB and decent WR in Anderson. Plus the Jets will have $46+ million in cap space plus likely an early draft pick. So Douglas is stepping into an ok situation right now. He isn't gonna be pressured to win right now as he starts shaping his roster. This allows him to come in and spend 2019 in studying this roster.