Page 57 of 80 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast
    Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Yes I do expect Foles and the Jaguars to do well. Fournette is also back, and that is an incredibly good thing for them if he is healthy.

I'm more curious how Philly is going to do with Foles gone as the backup for when Wentz inevitably goes down.

My prediction? J-ville ends up with a better record than Fly Eagles Fly
    Maybe so, but... that annual Titans/Jaguars game exclusively on the NFL Network is likely gonna be drawing flies.

...honestly, I don't get the point of NFL Network exclusivity for Thursday Night Football. I get that it's because the teams are crap which makes getting exclusivity a hard sell, or that nobody nationally gives a shit about them (*cough*anyone in the AFC South *cough*), but it's more like an ad to encourage people to avoid the NFL Network like the plague, especially given both Panthers/Bucs games are NFL Network exclusive, not to mention the annual Titans/Jaguars snoozefest and Jacksonville's visit to London.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Maybe so, but... that annual Titans/Jaguars game exclusively on the NFL Network is likely gonna be drawing flies.

...honestly, I don't get the point of NFL Network exclusivity for Thursday Night Football. I get that it's because the teams are crap which makes getting exclusivity a hard sell, or that nobody nationally gives a shit about them (*cough*anyone in the AFC South *cough*), but it's more like an ad to encourage people to avoid the NFL Network like the plague, especially given both Panthers/Bucs games are NFL Network exclusive, not to mention the annual Titans/Jaguars snoozefest and Jacksonville's visit to London.

Hell the most interesting thing about the Jaguars last visit to London was a few players deciding to try and avoid a bar and food tab. Getting caught comically as it was more interesting than the game or team.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

And today's offering... Why Your Team Sucks: The Denver Broncos

From Broncos fans:

Samer: "Someone has surely made this joke before but Vic Fangio is second to Dr. Acula in terms of terrible vampire aliases."
    Eamonn: "Von Miller is more threatening to sea life than to opposing quarterbacks."
    Paul: "Elway decided it was a good idea to replace the league’s 28th ranked passer with the league’s 25th ranked passer."
    Patrick: "In a division with Mahomes, Marmalard, and even Derek Carr, I can’t believe my team is making a concerted effort to convince me that Joe f***ing Flacco is going to lead my Broncos to the promised land."
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

This was from 2 years ago. But this video brings up some of the top #10 moments from NFL Draft.

#9 - Randy Moss 1998- Even though Moss is a Hall of Famer and its said he could have done more with his talents at times (Jerry Rice even said this one) , the decision to pass on Moss by every team was insane looking back. There was warning flags of course. Moss had multiple arrests and even had a domestic violence deal removed. He was a risky pick given what we see today.

The Cowboys are getting blamed here but at the time they were coming off insane issues with Michael Irvin and didn't want more headlines. So they went with the safe pick of Greg Ellis (DE) who played a decade in Dallas and had 77 career sacks and 4 Ints. While not a Hall of Famer like Moss , he had a service type player who did get 1 Pro Bowl in his time.

The Tennessee Titans passed on Moss and were not as lucky . They selected the 1st WR off the board and selected Kevin Dyson . Who had 2 memorable plays in his short NFL career. The Music City Miracle and The Tackle. But his career was over after 4 seasons with Titans and a final one in Carolina.

#7 - Donovan McNabb/Ricky Williams - The Eagles fans treated McNabb like utter shit on Draft Day and wanted Ricky Williams. But as people brought up the better pick was McNabb who went on to a decent career in Philly , giving the team its 1st long sustained success in years. Also their best QB play for the longest stretch since the Randall Cunningham years.

#2 - Jets fans Boo - These poor fans sadly have suffered for years of bad draft picks. Some so puzzling and bad ; you can understand why they boo. From passing on Dan Marino in 1983 to the 1995 passing on Warren Sapp.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Here in Philly, over 40,000 fans showed up at Lincoln Financial Field last night to watch the Eagles practice. Not a game, not a game....practice! Compared to that, only 31 thousand watched the Phillies get blasted by the visiting White Sox a scant few hours earlier.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Sad news. Writer Don Banks, best known for his 16 year run with Sports Illustrated, has died.

I loved reading his work over the years and he will be missed.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Sad news. Writer Don Banks, best known for his 16 year run with Sports Illustrated, has died.

I loved reading his work over the years and he will be missed.
    That sucks. I always looked forward to his articles each week.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Here are my predictions for the year at the start of preseason

AFC East
    1. Patriots 10-6
    2. Jets 6-10
    3. Bills 5-11
    4. Dolphins 3-13
    This is the worst division. The Patriots won't be as good as they were, but no one in the division is ready to unseat them.

AFC North
    1. Steelers 11-5
    2. Browns 9-7
    3. Ravens 8-8
    4. Bengals 6-10
    Big Ben has one more good season left in him.

AFC South
    1. Texans 11-5
    2. Colts 10-6 WC
    3. Jaguars 8-8
    4. Titans 7-9
    This is the best division. All four teams have a chance of winning it.

AFC West
    1. Chiefs 13-3
    2. Chargers 12-4 WC
    3. Broncos 5-11
    4. Raiders 4-12
    The two best teams in the AFC play here.

NFC East
    1. Eagles 13-3
    2. Cowboys 9-7
    3. Giants 6-10
    4. Redskins 3-13
    The Eagles are heading back to the Super Bowl.

NFC North
    1. Bears 12-4
    2. Vikings 10-6 WC
    3. Packers 8-8
    4. Lions 6-10

NFC South
    1. Saints 11-5
    2. Falcons 8-8
    3. Panthers 7-9
    4. Bucs 5-11

NFC West
    1. Rams 11-5
    2. Seahawks 10-6 WC
    3. 49ers 5-11
    4. Cards 4-12

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Here are my predictions for the year at the start of preseason

AFC East
    1. Patriots 10-6
    2. Jets 6-10
    3. Bills 5-11
    4. Dolphins 3-13
    This is the worst division. The Patriots won't be as good as they were, but no one in the division is ready to unseat them.

AFC North
    1. Steelers 11-5
    2. Browns 9-7
    3. Ravens 8-8
    4. Bengals 6-10
    Big Ben has one more good season left in him.

AFC South
    1. Texans 11-5
    2. Colts 10-6 WC
    3. Jaguars 8-8
    4. Titans 7-9
    This is the best division. All four teams have a chance of winning it.

AFC West
    1. Chiefs 13-3
    2. Chargers 12-4 WC
    3. Broncos 5-11
    4. Raiders 4-12
    The two best teams in the AFC play here.

NFC East
    1. Eagles 13-3
    2. Cowboys 9-7
    3. Giants 6-10
    4. Redskins 3-13
    The Eagles are heading back to the Super Bowl.

NFC North
    1. Bears 12-4
    2. Vikings 10-6 WC
    3. Packers 8-8
    4. Lions 6-10

NFC South
    1. Saints 11-5
    2. Falcons 8-8
    3. Panthers 7-9
    4. Bucs 5-11

NFC West
    1. Rams 11-5
    2. Seahawks 10-6 WC
    3. 49ers 5-11
    4. Cards 4-12
    Patriots have improved their roster off s Super Bowl winning team and you have them tied for worst record among the 12 playoff teams

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Patriots have improved their roster off s Super Bowl winning team and you have them tied for worst record among the 12 playoff teams
    It depends on what parts you are looking at. The TE position has taken a step down, and the lines on both sides of the football seem to be in a state of flux with departures, although by how much (if any) that is remains to be seen. However, the secondary, linebacker corps, and running backs all look to be improved from last season, and the wide receiver position is likely to improve as well, although that isn't a sure thing either. I'd pencil them in for 11-5, maybe even 12-4 depending on the schedule. Likely the number 2 seed as well since the Steelers and Texans have problem of their own.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    This was from 2 years ago. But this video brings up some of the top #10 moments from NFL Draft.

#9 - Randy Moss 1998- Even though Moss is a Hall of Famer and its said he could have done more with his talents at times (Jerry Rice even said this one) , the decision to pass on Moss by every team was insane looking back. There was warning flags of course. Moss had multiple arrests and even had a domestic violence deal removed. He was a risky pick given what we see today.

The Cowboys are getting blamed here but at the time they were coming off insane issues with Michael Irvin and didn't want more headlines. So they went with the safe pick of Greg Ellis (DE) who played a decade in Dallas and had 77 career sacks and 4 Ints. While not a Hall of Famer like Moss , he had a service type player who did get 1 Pro Bowl in his time.

The Tennessee Titans passed on Moss and were not as lucky . They selected the 1st WR off the board and selected Kevin Dyson . Who had 2 memorable plays in his short NFL career. The Music City Miracle and The Tackle. But his career was over after 4 seasons with Titans and a final one in Carolina. In Dallas he probably would have been more of a face in the crowd, wouldn't have been a showboat.

#7 - Donovan McNabb/Ricky Williams - The Eagles fans treated McNabb like utter shit on Draft Day and wanted Ricky Williams. But as people brought up the better pick was McNabb who went on to a decent career in Philly , giving the team its 1st long sustained success in years. Also their best QB play for the longest stretch since the Randall Cunningham years.

#2 - Jets fans Boo - These poor fans sadly have suffered for years of bad draft picks. Some so puzzling and bad ; you can understand why they boo. From passing on Dan Marino in 1983 to the 1995 passing on Warren Sapp.
    Minnesota was probably a better environment for Moss to get his act together than Dallas would have been. He got to be the hero, too, which helped his ego tremendously. His number hangs in the new stadium and they still sell Moss souvenir cups, etc. He's like a local demigod there.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 08-05-2019 at 11:35 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    It depends on what parts you are looking at. The TE position has taken a step down, and the lines on both sides of the football seem to be in a state of flux with departures, although by how much (if any) that is remains to be seen. However, the secondary, linebacker corps, and running backs all look to be improved from last season, and the wide receiver position is likely to improve as well, although that isn't a sure thing either. I'd pencil them in for 11-5, maybe even 12-4 depending on the schedule. Likely the number 2 seed as well since the Steelers and Texans have problem of their own.
    They've played without Gronk before for whole seasons and still won it all ... I think everything else you stated means they did a rare thing and improved post-SB.

Their DEF is what is going to be taking this rebooted dynasty to the next level.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    They've played without Gronk before for whole seasons and still won it all ... I think everything else you stated means they did a rare thing and improved post-SB.

Their DEF is what is going to be taking this rebooted dynasty to the next level.
    The real question is going to be how things turn out in the trenches. The line play (on both sides of the ball) could turn out either way depending on how players work in the system. Although with Dante Scarnecchia any O-line issues should be taken care of by mid-season at the latest.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Gronk was not good nearly the entire year. Healthy Watson is at worst a wash compared to recovering/decking Gronk last year. They’ve also won titles without Gronk.

Also we added talent at WR with Harry. Winovitch was a steal. They have Collins. They are getting Wynn back. Edelman won’t start the season suspended.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Gronk was not good nearly the entire year. Healthy Watson is at worst a wash compared to recovering/decking Gronk last year. They’ve also won titles without Gronk.

Also we added talent at WR with Harry. Winovitch was a steal. They have Collins. They are getting Wynn back. Edelman won’t start the season suspended.
    For me the WR question won't be answered until we see games. The Pats seem to have more camp wonders who never amount to anything at the receiving positions than all the others put together. I'm always wary, even if I am also hopeful about Harry and Harris. They both look good so far.
    Dark does not mean deep.