Page 59 of 80 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast

Yep, my team sucks.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Pre-draft, I predicted Nick Bosa would be out of football because of injuries before his rookie deal is done. The process has started...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ce-getting-mri

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Can't wait until my Eagles are under the Deadspin microscope. I'm sure it'll feature fans still bitching and whining about Super Bowl 52 champ Nick Foles having left for Jacksonville.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Will they ever live down 28-3? It's... Why Your Team Sucks: The Atlanta Falcons

From Falcons Fans:

Adam: "This will be Year 3 since the most epic collapse in professional sports history and, for some reason, Dan Quinn is still here. Why?"
    Hasan: "If you could poll all football fans in Georgia, you’d find that even high school football is more popular than the Falcons.

We had a penalty on the first play of the very first game of the 2018 season when multiple offensive lineman couldn’t line up for the snap.

Our WRs and CBs can’t catch balls thrown directly at them.

Drew Brees is more elusive and nimble than our entire defensive backfield.

We get screwed over by Keanu Neal’s knee somehow every single year.

Our GM has a clear record of failure in drafting offensive lineman, and we traded up to draft TWO in the first round this year.

We fired all of our coordinators to hire Dirk Koetter AND Mike Mularkey.

The Falcons lowered the prices of all of their concessions, and this is directly correlated to how disgusting the bathrooms are on Sundays. The bathroom in the Mercedez Benz stadium is where I have heard the most grunting, straining and courtesy flushes while pooping in recent memory.

Our owner openly touts how he stays out of the decision making and then routinely forces everyone to do what he wants. He’s just another spoiled rich ******* who thinks he knows best because he has lots of money. I am convinced more people would hate him around the NFL if he didn’t have a goofy smile on his face all the time.

This team doesn’t deserve sympathy or support on any level and the only joy I get as a Falcons fan is when I get to laugh at the inevitable Saints choke job each year. F***ck this team and f*** Bobby Petrino forever."
    Jack: "As long as Matt Ryan is QB, Julio is on the field, and Dimitroff is running the front office, I’ll know we have a shot at winning it all, just not a good enough one to ever believe destiny is calling.

Atlanta sports are destined to always be that other team in some franchise’s glorious moment. GA Tech in Rudy, the Braves in the 90s, the Falcons to the Pats, and the Flames and Thrashers to Canada. Even Atlanta United winning is like the sports equivalent of a championship participation trophy. Congrats! You won the 7th best soccer league in the world!"
    Nick: "28-3. Has this been mentioned before? It killed me. I have no fandom left. I am a shell of a functioning human. Matt Ryan is a fraud."
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Can't wait until my Eagles are under the Deadspin microscope. I'm sure it'll feature fans still bitching and whining about Super Bowl 52 champ Nick Foles having left for Jacksonville.
    2019 should settle that issue once and for all, so there is that to look forward to.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    From the sports section of my local fishwrap: the odds on the first coach to get the chop:

Jon Gruden, 3-1
    Pat Shurmur, 6-1
    Matt Patricia, 10-1
    Bill O'Brien, 12-1
    Dan Quinn, 12-1
    Doug Marrone, 15-1
    Jason Garrett, 18-1
    Mike Zimmer, 18-1
    Adam Gase, 20-1
    Brian Flores, 20-1
    Ron Rivera, 20-1
    Mike Tomlin, 25-1
    Kliff Kingsbury, 25-1
    Anthony Lynn, 30-1
    Gase's odds are too low. I'd say they're at least 15-1 if we're going to be polite, and 10-1 if we're realistic given how it's the Jets. And because it's the Raiders, Jon Gruden's odds have to be higher as even if he has Oakland go 2-14, he's got job security for at least another 2-3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Gase's odds are too low. I'd say they're at least 15-1 if we're going to be polite, and 10-1 if we're realistic given how it's the Jets. And because it's the Raiders, Jon Gruden's odds have to be higher as even if he has Oakland go 2-14, he's got job security for at least another 2-3 years.
    I'd think Dan Quinn and Matt Patricia are 1-2. Flores is probably 3, and firing your offensive line coach a week into training camp does not look like a guy who knows what he's getting into.

Patricia and the Lions open against Arizona, that's a game that Detroit's favored in, and there won't be many like that on the schedule. His off-the-field history make it a miracle he even got a chance in the first place.

Like I said earlier ... I'd swap Gase & Patrica.

I think Matt is safe another year.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I'd say the Raiders can win 5-7 games this year and Gruden will be proclaimed a genius and be kept an extra couple seasons. Unless everything goes into the shitter the team seems prepared to keep Jon Gruden for 4-5 seasons at least given his mega contract.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I'd say the Raiders can win 5-7 games this year and Gruden will be proclaimed a genius and be kept an extra couple seasons. Unless everything goes into the shitter the team seems prepared to keep Jon Gruden for 4-5 seasons at least given his mega contract.
    I tend to agree. Mark Davis has at least as big of an ego as his dad ever had, by all appearances so far. No way he releases Gruden prematurely because that admits defeat.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I saw a guy that bet another $1M that the Raiders win less than 10 games under Gruden's entire contract.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Patricia's seat likely got a bit hotter after tonight. While it was second string players, it doesn't look good to have your QB eating the turf 9 times against a team whose coach has been quoted saying 'sacks are for losers'.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Patricia's seat likely got a bit hotter after tonight. While it was second string players, it doesn't look good to have your QB eating the turf 9 times against a team whose coach has been quoted saying 'sacks are for losers'.
    Losing Jermaine Kearse isn't going to help a Lions team already soft at the skill positions on offense, too.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Losing Jermaine Kearse isn't going to help a Lions team already soft at the skill positions on offense, too.
    I'm too busy laughing at the fact that one of the shellacked Lions QB's is actually named David Fales to notice anything like that. A name like his needs Robin Williams to mention how unfortunate it is.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

In NFL News , after months of Duke Johnson demanding a trade from Cleveland ; the team finally shipped him off to Houston for a 5th rd pick. It could become a 4th if Johnson plays in 10+ games next season. Johnson has demanded a trade since the team signed Kareem Hunt. This trade gives Cleveland 10 draft picks in 2020 draft coming up.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.