Page 74 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2464707172737475767778 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1195
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Remember I posted last year that the Colts should have approached it as , how long does Andrew Luck have left ? He had missed a prior season and was not the same QB he once was. That the Colts should have approached walking into the 2018 NFL Draft with....lets see what the market is for Andrew Luck. Lets deal him if we some great draft picks and prepare for what is ahead.

Because you just didn't know if he could be the GUY again. I was told how silly that thinking was etc. Now here we are. Luck had way too many injuries and he just couldn't bounce back anymore.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I won't even try to justify Colts fans booing Luck which was horribad, but I can understand their anger over what he had done. If Luck had his fill of football because of all the injuries he suffered, he should've retired after last season so Indy could've immediately started the wheels rolling to replace him, either through the draft, a trade or free agency, for Luck to call it quits TWO WEEKS before the new season started smacked of selfishness at worst, shortsightedness at best. Now, if the owner and/or GM suspected beforehand that Luck might do what he did, then it's on them for not preparing for the worst case scenario in advance, but, if they were blindsided like the fans, then there was nothing the team could've done. Meanwhile, if the Colts are smart, they run up the white flag, tank the season and draft the best passer coming out of college in 2020.
    I said this 2 years ago as the Colts approached a rebuild era. How long does Luck have left ? Hes not the same QB FROM 2012-2014. His 2 seasons before he lost the 2017 season he didn't look the same. The injuries played a part. He still has name value and we have holes to fill. What team would want Luck in 2018 as the Draft approached who could deal multiple picks ?

The Colts then could have walked away with maybe 3-5 draft picks for Luck for a QB needy team then. The team would see ...HOLY **** ITS ANDREW LUCK ! The Colts could have drafted their next franchise QB to build ahead ; drafted offensive line and more. A team like say...Cleveland would have seen Andrew Luck hit that market then and with draft capitol it had then , unloaded a lot of high draft picks.

The NFL sadly is a business and you just don't know how long a player has. Jimmy Johnson himself said he had a regret as coach of Miami Dolphins after he had left. He told the owner how he wanted to trade Dan Marino as he was coming in to coach. He was told Marino was untouchable and he couldn't. Johnson himself said looking back he should have pushed that because he felt he could have traded Marino and got a few high draft picks to rebuild the Dolphins with. That the alternative was what we saw and he had to think about team ahead.

Should Luck have told the Colts before hand how he was feeling since 2018 ? Yeah he should have told them his feelings this off season for sure. He just didn't suddenly have this feeling to retire hit. He was having this thought a while due his body feeling the physical toll it had taken. The whole idea a player has no responsibility to inform a team how he's feeling is kinda silly here. If that is the case then a number of QB's and players don't force coaching changes etc if this is the case. Because we saw 1 QB last year (Aaron Rodgers) literally get his coach fired in his organization.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

The retirement of Andrew Luck isn't the 1st time a Colts QB had taken too much punishment and had to retire early. If anyone doesn't remember the story of ...Bert Jones.

Jones was 31 at the time a neck injury forced him to retire after the 1982 season with the LA Rams. Jones had been traded due to issues with the Colts and possible injury issues. In a 1980 game he was sacked a NFL record 12 times with the Colts. So the punishment played a big factor on why he retired after 4 games with the Rams.

Bill Belichick claimed Jones was the best pure passer he had ever seen. Others claimed he would have became one of the greatest QB's had he not gotten so hurt he had to retire. At 38 he took part in a NFL QB Challenge as a retiree and Bobby Beathard tried to convince him to make a comeback. Jones declined it.

On SNF , basically both Michaels and Collingsworth bring up that Mariota and Winston are seemingly on "Make or Break" years right now. That Mariota is 27-28 as a starter and has averaged 214 yards a game since being drafted in 2015.

In judging tonight there is no WAY the Titans are winning the division with this offense. Its just a terrible offense to watch. Not even Tannehill can move this team. Its like watching some players go through the motions and guys they have signed. Its like the Titans best pray they can run 40-50 times a game and not throw. Even Collingsworth said the Titans have to learn to throw the ball deep and stretch the field better. But tonight the offensive line can't pass block or anyone catch a ball over 10-15 yards.

I had the Colts finishing in second place in the AFC South and beating out the Browns for a wild card. Without Andrew Luck, I now have them in last place and the Browns will get the wild card. Titans don't look good. The Jaguars are the only team who can compete with the Texans in the AFC South.

Did you all read about that Doug Gottlieb quote about Luck's retirement? It was dumb, stupid, tone-deaf and just pure idiocy. And then it got awesome when wide receiver Torrey Smith just blasted Gottlieb with an epic comeback. Story Link.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I saw that Dallas, Denver, SF, and Seattle are asking the Colts if they can talk to Luck about being a QB coach.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Foles into the playoffs again.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    In judging tonight there is no WAY the Titans are winning the division with this offense. Its just a terrible offense to watch. Not even Tannehill can move this team. Its like watching some players go through the motions and guys they have signed. Its like the Titans best pray they can run 40-50 times a game and not throw. Even Collingsworth said the Titans have to learn to throw the ball deep and stretch the field better. But tonight the offensive line can't pass block or anyone catch a ball over 10-15 yards.
    And not having Taylor Lewan at LT for 4 games means the Titans might not have a QB controversy if Mariota gets flattened before he gets benched.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I saw that Dallas, Denver, SF, and Seattle are asking the Colts if they can talk to Luck about being a QB coach.
    Right now he doesn't sound like he's in a place where he needs nor even wants to be around football. It sounded like he wants to be with his wife and upcoming child, and to do so as pain-free as he can. Just as respectable an aim, of course. But I just think teams are barking up the wrong tree trying to get him to come back in another capacity right now.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Right now he doesn't sound like he's in a place where he needs nor even wants to be around football. It sounded like he wants to be with his wife and upcoming child, and to do so as pain-free as he can. Just as respectable an aim, of course. But I just think teams are barking up the wrong tree trying to get him to come back in another capacity right now.
    He has a degree related to architecture - he might have decided to take that up.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    And not having Taylor Lewan at LT for 4 games means the Titans might not have a QB controversy if Mariota gets flattened before he gets benched.
    Collingsworth and Michaels brought up the offensive coordinators that Mariota and Tannehill have had. In 11 combined seasons both men have had 11 different offensive coordinators . Mariota has had a different one each season. So its like he can't build a chemistry or system to work in. Honestly the best move perhaps would have been for Chip Kelly to get to draft him coming out in 2015 given what we have seen him cycle through his career.

Its almost like the Titans really set out when they drafted Mariota to make him fail and with a terrible offensive line as we saw tonight and this being a make or break year , he's not gonna be able to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Did you all read about that Doug Gottlieb quote about Luck's retirement? It was dumb, stupid, tone-deaf and just pure idiocy. And then it got awesome when wide receiver Torrey Smith just blasted Gottlieb with an epic comeback. Story Link.
    Apparently Troy Aikman has also blasted Gottlieb.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

This was a good video...

What Femlo brings up a good point , Andrew Luck could have left Stanford a year early but he chose to return to complete his degree. His fate could have changed in the NFL in 2 ways . Had he came out early he's in the 2011 NFL Draft.

The 2011 NFL Draft class had the following QB's.

Cam Newton
    Christian Ponder
    Jake Locker
    Blaine Gabbert

You throw Andrew Luck into that QB class and he clearly gets drafted by Carolina , making Newton end up somewhere else for a QB needy team that selected. Would Luck be spared a better fate in Carolina ? I'd think so as he'd have a better offensive line.

Now say Luck decided to come back for a 4th season of college. That he wanted to do a 4th year there and held out for the 2013 NFL Draft instead....here are those QB's...

EJ Manuel
    Geno Smith

The team with that top 1st pick in 2013.... Kansas City. Its clear he'd have been selected by the Chiefs who traded for Alex Smith to run the offense. Imagine being KC and suddenly there is Andrew Luck at top of the draft ? Of course KC was left to select Eric Fisher (who became a Pro Bowl LT in 2018) then at the top of draft.

Luck's career could have went either way.