Page 75 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2565717273747576777879 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1195

Cam Newton #1
    Christian Ponder #12
    Jake Locker #8
    Blaine Gabbert #10

Wow.

That draft also included Andy Dalton and Colin Kaepernick at the beginning of the second round.

QB-rich drafts are sometimes very overrated
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Talk about good timing for the article to drop... it's... Why Your Team Sucks: The Indianapolis Colts

From Colts Fans:

Warren Sharp: "Insane.

Ryan Grigson killed Andrew Luck's career.

Pressured 16 times per game under Grigson's watch, MOST in NFL & hit MOST of any QB.

From 2012-2015, Grigson drafted just 3 O-Linemen before rd 7:

•Hugh Thornton (trash)
    •Jack Mewhort (trash)
    •Khaled Holmes (trash)"
    Nicholas: "Being in an Indy bar Saturday night was attending a funeral. Strangers hugging, some openly weeping, many walking in a daze. Indianapolis didn’t deserve one, let alone two amazing QBs, but we’ll somehow get Tua and turn his body into a Lucas Oil Field stamp in record time."
    Laura: "After building this offseason up as the first in years where Andrew Luck would be fully healthy, he missed all of OTAs with a calf strain, because of course he did.

Our owner spent more on musical instruments this offseason than he did free agents."
    Bennett: "Luck made the truly courageous and correct decision to walk away when he did. This team sucks because the cretin Confederate-wannabe fans are going to turn this into a decade-long screed about 'toughness,' like their fat asses could sustain anything close to the physical trauma Ryan Grigson (and by extension Jim Irsay) put him through. Irsay has had lightning strike twice and has largely squandered both. May his cursed guitar collection burn. "
    Jon: "F*** this and f*** Luck for making what is *clearly* the correct choice for him and f*** football for making that the case."
    Last edited by worstblogever; 08-26-2019 at 12:13 PM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Fantastic Member

The Patriots have lost their starting center, maybe for the season, to blood clots in his lungs. Andrews has been the starting center for the Patriots in the last three Super Bowl appearances.

The Patriots should easily make the play-off's but if they are weak at blocking up the middle play-off's teams could exploit this effectively. Time will tell.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Cam Newton #1
    Christian Ponder #12
    Jake Locker #8
    Blaine Gabbert #10

Wow.

That draft also included Andy Dalton and Colin Kaepernick at the beginning of the second round.

QB-rich drafts are sometimes very overrated
    What really has hurt this draft is what happened to the QB's after Newton and how they became busts. (Except for Dalton but its rumored he's on borrowed time as the 4th rd QB they drafted this year could push him out !).

But here was what derailed these QB's...

- Christian Ponder was always considered a 2nd/3rd round QB in that draft. After a hot Senior Bowl performance , the Vikings drafted him way too high. There was knocks on Ponder's arm strength as well.

- Jake Locker sadly was a case where injuries took him out of the league. Back before we saw Andrew Luck retire suddenly ; Locker suffered a variety of injuries to his arm , hip and leg. He in 4 seasons of his career only started 23 games.

- Blaine Gabbert is part the fault of Jacksonville here. The original idea was Gabbert was a RAW type QB to groom ahead. The coach claimed that Gabbert would not be the starter as a rookie and the plan was to slowly bring him along. This plan lasted...1 week. Gabbert was literally thrown to the wolves and it derailed him. From mistakes in not feeling the pass rush etc he suffered because the coach threw a very raw Blaine Gabbert out there way before he was ready.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by DungeonmasterJim View Post
    The Patriots have lost their starting center, maybe for the season, to blood clots in his lungs. Andrews has been the starting center for the Patriots in the last three Super Bowl appearances.

The Patriots should easily make the play-off's but if they are weak at blocking up the middle play-off's teams could exploit this effectively. Time will tell.
    Karras would be a starter on many other NFL teams, but his value to the Pats is that he can slip in to any of the 3 interior line positions and play well. The depth has taken a second hit following the need to put the swing tackle in as another starter. How injuries further affect the line is going to be a key for New England this season.

Andrews is responding well to treatment, or at least it seems to be so. 1 out of 3 people die if untreated, so him getting the diagnosis was key. While he might be able to return late in the season, the most important thing is that he is getting a potentially lethal condition taken care of.

If he is still on the roster on cutdown day then he is going to long term IR as opposed to season ending IR, as I think you need to be on the initial roster to hit the list of potential returnees. It should also be a sign of how well his treatment is going - Belichick wouldn't use up a roster spot like that unless he thinks he can get use from it.

For Karras, this is a contract year, so being thrust into the role of a starter has potential for a major payoff next season.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by DungeonmasterJim View Post

Losing your starting center is a portent of doom for most teams' playoff chances.

Karras is a pretty solid backup, and the Patriots still play in the AFC East... so unless the Jets can find success with Adam Gase and a bunch of folks thrown into service together (LOL), or the Bills can win behind Josh Allen only completing 51% of his passes (LOL), or Josh Rosen in Miami... (LOL, LOL, LOL)it's still their division to lose.

They're probably not going to be the class of the AFC, but still will be formidable in the AFC East.

Time for a trip to JERRAH-WORLD, it's... Why Your Team Sucks: The Dallas Cowboys

From Cowboys' fans:

Britt: "The Rams only needed Greg Zuerlein and C.J. Anderson to embarrass us."
    Cale: "Zeke will be in jail or suspended most of his career and impossible to root for. Our Hall Of Fame 37 year old TE is back because he was less interesting than the Booger-Mobile. Our new offensive coordinator scored seven f***ing points in the f***ing Pro Bowl. Jaylon Smith is a bad ankle sprain away of being done forever. Is Sean Lee still here? Does it matter?"
    Matthew: "Even among NFL owners - a uniquely loathed group - I feel like Jerry is probably the worst. It’s kind of impressive, it’s like being the worst actor in a Seltzer & Friedberg film or something."
    Amanda: "F*** you Cowboys. I wish I could quit you altogether, but Thanksivings in the Metroplex just wouldn’t be the same without every member of my entire family yelling at the Howdy Doody puppet on the sideline at AT&T Stadium carrying out the exact orders of the old drunk hillbilly in the owner’s box."
    Chris: " Here’s a sample of the stupid **** the Cowboys have done since 2006:

-Sign Mike Vanderjagt

-Signing Terrell Owens against Bill Parcells’s wishes

-Trading 3 draft picks Roy Williams who happened to be awful at WR

-Making Marion Barber the starting RB and making him run wide/outside

-Firing Wade Philips in favor of Jason Garrett, who is the longest tenured coach not named Tom Landry

-Signing Brandon Carr and drafting Morris Claiborne, and then hiring Monte Kiffin and switching the defense to a Tampa 2, making them worthless

-Signing the worst possible backups to Tony Romo (Brad Johnson, Jon Kitna Brandon Weeden, Mark Sanchez, Kyle Orton)

-Drafting players too high (Bobby Carpenter, Gavin Escobar, Taco Charlton)

-Jerry and Stephen Jones threatening to take action against players who are not present for the national anthem

F*** Jason Garrett, f*** Terence Newman, f*** Marion Barber, f*** Roy Williams (both of them), f*** Monte Kiffin, double f*** Jerry Jones and Stephen Jones with the largest American flag possible, and triple f*** me for continuing to support this shameless, soulless money grab of a football team."

NFL News...

- Malcolm Smith was released by the 49ers today after restructuring his contract this off-season. He is a former MVP LB who played for the Seahawks and Raiders before. Also he is considered one of John Lynch's 1st big fumbles as GM as he was signed to a big deal in 2017.

- Josh Doctson's role in Washington remains a clusterfuck situation. He's fallen behind on depth chart after not living up to 1st rd draft status and the team won't be playing him. His own coach won't reveal his fate just saying he won't be playing this weekend.

- There are reports that Jadeveon Clowney has met with the Dolphins. He met with new coach Brian Flores and before a trade can happen , Clowney has to sign his franchise tag with Houston 1st.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Jon Gruden wearing a Twitch hoodie is surreal....does he even know what Twitch is?
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Jon Gruden wearing a Twitch hoodie is surreal....does he even know what Twitch is?
    The involuntary motion Raiders fans go through when they find out Gruden has traded away another high caliber player? This presumes there are any left on the team.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The involuntary motion Raiders fans go through when they find out Gruden has traded away another high caliber player? This presumes there are any left on the team.
    You sir, win the day with this response.

AAAALike.jpg
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    NFL News...

- Malcolm Smith was released by the 49ers today after restructuring his contract this off-season. He is a former MVP LB who played for the Seahawks and Raiders before. Also he is considered one of John Lynch's 1st big fumbles as GM as he was signed to a big deal in 2017.
    Not a fan of Lynch. He's like an even more incompetent version of Elway.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Not a fan of Lynch. He's like an even more incompetent version of Elway.
    Lynch has to hope all the big moves he made this season pays off. If the 49ers don't have a winning record pressure is on. He signed big name free agents as we saw and traded for Dee Ford . If the team doesn't make it to playoffs the heat will be on for sure.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Talk about good timing for the article to drop... it's... Why Your Team Sucks: The Indianapolis Colts

From Colts Fans:
    I'd like to throw in an addendum; the last time I genuinely got upset at the team (like, I mean... angry or crying and stuff) was the 2006 AFC Divisional, where Jerome Bettis somehow forced his wide ass into the end zone and Vanderjagt kicked the ball into Hamilton County, and obviously, for anyone who would know the state of mind of me then, that was months after I joined the old forum and... well, I don't have to paint a picture about how immature I was. But, you know, you go 14-2, and you think it's your year, only to choke at home... does a lot to you.

Then, in a year where you pass them off, they go to the Super Bowl and win simply because the Bears had Rex Grossman as QB. Ever since, whenever the team pisses themselves or does something stupid (be it Manning throwing six interceptions against the Chargers, or the "Deflategate" game where we had the bright idea to celebrate that by hanging up a banner, or starting Scott "Yet Another Big Ten QB With Inflated Stats but Doesn't Know how to Throw a Ball on the Professional Level" Tolzien even though Jacoby Brissett won the job, or the fake punt), I just roll my eyes and curse a little. I attribute this to maturing mentally as well as getting older, and you may also attribute this to good ol' cynicism talking, but the ultimate truth is that I live in a city blessed with an NFL team, but cursed with a drunk owner who pill pops and buys guitars to mend his OCD or something.

On the plus side, the other team sharing Lucas Oil Stadium has been dominating the field and should bring in a legit trophy and not a goofy participation banner.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Lynch has to hope all the big moves he made this season pays off. If the 49ers don't have a winning record pressure is on. He signed big name free agents as we saw and traded for Dee Ford . If the team doesn't make it to playoffs the heat will be on for sure.
    I have the Niners and Panthers as sleepers this year.

Phins and Giants I have sleeping for the #1 draft spot with the Bengals stealing it last minute.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium