Page 77 of 80 FirstFirst ... 27677374757677787980 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1195

We're still wondering what's up with that thing on Drew Brees' face... it's... Why Your Team Sucks: The New Orleans Saints

From Saints fans:

Jonathon: " Sure there’s the missed pass interference call, but it takes a special kind of bad to:

1. Even throw the ball in that situation instead of running out the clock/forcing timeouts

2. Let them score and force overtime

3. Get the ball first only to throw it right back to the other team

4. Let them score again"
    Bill: "Just when the last y’at from White Flightsville finally, FINALLY stopped bitching about Bountygate they just had to epically fail on that damn PI call. We will never, EVER stop talking about that. Many years from now (I hope), New Orleans will join Atlantis under the waves and there will be some poboy-sucking swampman in a Jimmy Graham jersey stuck in the last bubble of air in the Superdome telling the guy next to him how we were robbed and DEFINITELY would have beaten the Patriots that year. Bring the gentrificating fires and end this misery."
    Nate: "Drew Brees has 6 million passing yards and twice as many touchdowns and I can’t remember a single one of them. There’s no ‘The Catch’ and no last-minute Hail Marys, just an endless accumulation of yards and scores that only add up to the Saints scoring 55 points and still losing to, I don’t know, Tennessee, because Sean Payton thinks defense is optional. The only plays anyone remembers from this team are when they s*** the bed or get jobbed."
    Mark: "I would rather be strapped in a straitjacket and be forced ludovico-style to watch John Carney’s missed extra point, the Beast Mode run, Vernon Davis’ winning TD, Marques Colston fucking up the lateral, and the Minneapolis Miracle on a continuous loop while Kurt Warner and Brett Farve repeatedly punch me in the ballsack than have to talk about the no-call one more goddamn time.

What’s worse than having to hear about it non-stop for the past six months is that the mindset that developed after Bountygate is rearing it’s ugly head again. A majority of the fans I’ve talked to think that the NFL has a vendetta against the Saints and want to keep us out of the Super Bowl. Blown calls happen guys. Get over it already and prepare for the season."
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Today was cut down day in the NFL. Numerous teams cut surprising players to get to 53 man roster limit. As far as the Chiefs go they have lost Chad Henne with an ankle fracture so they signed veteran backup QB Matt Moore to take his spot. Moore has been a backup QB with Panthers and Dolphins the last 12 seasons. He's a lot like Henne and not really a threat to do much.

The Chiefs are rumored to be cutting Carlos Hyde as part of the 53 cut down limit today. The Chiefs have been impressed with one of their RB's they drafted named Thompson in middle rounds of 2019 draft and he could actually end up the starter at some point this season !
    Not a Chiefs fan.

I saw him run & catch in 2 games this preseason.

He reminded me of Sanders.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The Eagles cut Cody Kessler today. It could be said his fate was sealed the day Josh McCown was signed. The fourth string, Clayton Thorson was said to have played like **** in last night’s 6-0 preseason finale loss against the Jets, I suspect he’ll be next to go while the team hopes no one else picks up Thorson so he can be stashed on the practice squad.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Priceless that the Browns Lions preseason game has a freakin trophy.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Lets say your a NFL owner. Now lets say you have 2 big offensive studs and a decent one on the cusp of that if he can take that next step. You could have offensive stars for the next decade in your RB , WR and QB. But lets say your RB decides to hold out because he's 24 and wants a big deal to run and be the focus point of your offense. Since teams key on him 1st then everyone else.

Do you ...

A - Handle negotiations privately and let little details slip to the press ? Intent on trying to get your star player signed to an extension .

B - Be open and discuss what is offered but discuss the player in great terms on what he means to get signed to an extension for your organization ?

Or ....C...

C - Issue stupid statements like the backup RB who ran against 3rd string players is some star and chide your holding out RB with a " ___ who ?" to press for comedy. Then detail how in a couple seasons said RB hasn't ever won you a Super Bowl yet as a negotiation tactic in press . Or how about after signing a player proclaim the pie is shrinking for the star RB who is holding out ?

If you picked C ... you are Jerry Jones and an absolute fucking moron of an owner who has made Ezekiel Elliott and his agent pissed with his statements and they seem now more intent on not playing in 2019 til they get what they are demanding.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    Priceless that the Browns Lions preseason game has a freakin trophy.
    You would think that the two teams with 0-16 seasons wouldn't get on about that, especially after the year the Lions went 4-0 in preseason they went 0-16.

So there's a small trade that might seem "under the radar", and the teams involved are a tad surprising... Arizona traded second year OT Korey Cunningham to New England for a 6th round draft pick.

Yes, as bad as the Cardinals O-Line was in 2018, they sent a guy who started six games for them at left tackle (and wasn't awful there) to the defending Super Bowl champs.

Now, maybe the Patriots could have used more depth, sure. But why snag a guy from Arizona's roster, rather than scout the waiver wire?
    New England, as the defending champs... is LAST in waiver wire picks. If Arizona cut Cunningham, 30 teams were in line before New England to snag him.

Furthermore... Cunningham played some Tight End at Cincinnatti while in his early days at college, and still had decent hands for an O-Lineman. With Bill Belichek's tendencies to run special goal line plays and throwing passes at players you wouldn't expect who have checked in as receiver eligible (Mike Vrabel caught a couple touchdowns from Tom Brady, bizarrely...) don't be surprised if the Patriots line out a "Jumbo" package with 3 tackles to pound the ball and Korey Cunningham out there at one of the TE spots. He could be a wrinkle in a close game that New England will use.

And Arizona... well... for having the first waiver claim, I haven't heard a damned word about them scooping up other teams' leftovers yet. Hell, they haven't even announced their final cuts to 53.

Baffled by the Dolphins announcing Ryan Fitzpatrick as the starter.

They NEED to evaluate Josh Rosen to decide if he can be their franchise QB before the next draft where they could have a top 3 draft pick. So why start Fitzpatrick? Especially because he might actually Fitzmagic his way to a couple of wins costing them draft position. If Rosen plays well enough to get them wins then great you've just found your QB but if Fitzpatrick does it then your just shooting yourself in the foot which is a Dolphin specialty.

Just got an alert from Bleacher Report saying the Bills cut Lesean McCoy.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    So there's a small trade that might seem "under the radar", and the teams involved are a tad surprising... Arizona traded second year OT Korey Cunningham to New England for a 6th round draft pick.

Yes, as bad as the Cardinals O-Line was in 2018, they sent a guy who started six games for them at left tackle (and wasn't awful there) to the defending Super Bowl champs.

Now, maybe the Patriots could have used more depth, sure. But why snag a guy from Arizona's roster, rather than scout the waiver wire?
    New England, as the defending champs... is LAST in waiver wire picks. If Arizona cut Cunningham, 30 teams were in line before New England to snag him.

Furthermore... Cunningham played some Tight End at Cincinnatti while in his early days at college, and still had decent hands for an O-Lineman. With Bill Belichek's tendencies to run special goal line plays and throwing passes at players you wouldn't expect who have checked in as receiver eligible (Mike Vrabel caught a couple touchdowns from Tom Brady, bizarrely...) don't be surprised if the Patriots line out a "Jumbo" package with 3 tackles to pound the ball and Korey Cunningham out there at one of the TE spots. He could be a wrinkle in a close game that New England will use.

And Arizona... well... for having the first waiver claim, I haven't heard a damned word about them scooping up other teams' leftovers yet. Hell, they haven't even announced their final cuts to 53.
    New England also did a rare feat , they did a trade within the division and picked up a center from Buffalo as well. Teams have til Saturday at 4pm to announce the 53 man cuts

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post

They NEED to evaluate Josh Rosen to decide if he can be their franchise QB before the next draft where they could have a top 3 draft pick. So why start Fitzpatrick? Especially because he might actually Fitzmagic his way to a couple of wins costing them draft position. If Rosen plays well enough to get them wins then great you've just found your QB but if Fitzpatrick does it then your just shooting yourself in the foot which is a Dolphin specialty.
    This isn't a shock , Flores has long announced that Fitzpatrick was far ahead of Rosen during camp and preseason as a starter. That he was just doing better. The Dolphins didn't trade much to get Rosen (a 3rd rd pick) so they could logically sit Rosen awhile this season and not really be forced to start him. And given that Fitzpatrick will likely hit a wall within 5-7 games , then yeah Rosen will get some time this year.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Just got an alert from Bleacher Report saying the Bills cut Lesean McCoy.
    I have to wonder if Andy Reid will take a flyer on him. The Chiefs seem to be happy with RB's they have and may let Hyde go. But with a McCoy there its an interesting concept. I'm not shocked at all about this. I even thought Buffalo during the season would try and unload McCoy for anything they could get.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post

Perhaps the reason was because Brian Flores wants to make a name for himself in his very first stint as a head coach. And you DON’T get noticed by finishing at the bottom of the division—-the same division his mentor is in—-or playing some hapless kid just to find out if he may or may not cut it at quarterback. Flores also has veterans who could turn on him if they suspect he’s going to throw away the season just to see what he has in Rosen, making his existence all the harder.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I have to wonder if Andy Reid will take a flyer on him. The Chiefs seem to be happy with RB's they have and may let Hyde go. But with a McCoy there its an interesting concept. I'm not shocked at all about this. I even thought Buffalo during the season would try and unload McCoy for anything they could get.
    As a Bills fan, I find myself kind of shocked, but not surprised. He looked gassed last year and he didn't seem to do anything impressive during pre-season. Gore outplayed him last year behind an almost equally questionable offensive line and the rookie Devin Singletary looks good. I can see this as an opportunity to give him more reps while keeping the better vet presence.

It's kind of sad as I do tend to get attached to players and Shady was a bit part of our offense as long as he was here. In some ways, he was our only good offensive player during his stretch. Well, onward and upward.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Perhaps the reason was because Brian Flores wants to make a name for himself in his very first stint as a head coach. And you DON’T get noticed by finishing at the bottom of the division—-the same division his mentor is in—-or playing some hapless kid just to find out if he may or may not cut it at quarterback. Flores also has veterans who could turn on him if they suspect he’s going to throw away the season just to see what he has in Rosen, making his existence all the harder.
    Actually I was wrong , it was a 2nd and 5th rd pick they gave up for Rosen. But we all know Fitzpatrick may start the season but the odds he finishes the season are slim. He may get through 5-7 games but will likely give way to Rosen the rest of the way. Also Flores may wait til games are completely blown out in same cases , trot out Rosen and let him slowly get NFL regular season action til he's ready to start.

The Cardinals threw Rosen out there too soon. The Dolphins maybe taking their time with him to do this.

The biggest news of the day is Houston finally did a trade moving Jadeveon Clowney . The pass rusher was in the final year of his deal and the team seemed ready to move him since it was unlikely to do a big contract for him after letting the GM go earlier this summer. Clowney met with Miami Dolphins but preferred a trade to Seattle instead. This led to the team moving him for pennies basically.

Instead of a trade for need at offensive line or a high 1st rd pick for Clowney , the team settled on this...

3rd rd draft pick.
    LB Jake Martin (who never started a game last year , yet had 3 sacks)
    LB Barkevious Mingo (Who now joins his 5th NFL team since being a 1st rd pick by Cleveland and hasn't caught on anywhere)