Page 79 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2969757677787980 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1195

Jon Gruden's fatal flaw of falling in love with every available QB is still a thing...

He had 1. Derek Carr
    2. Mike Glennon
    3. Nathan Peterman

And now on the Raiders' roster, they have 4. DeShaun Kizer.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Jon Gruden's fatal flaw of falling in love with every available QB is still a thing...

He had 1. Derek Carr
    2. Mike Glennon
    3. Nathan Peterman

What does Chucky see in Kizer that everyone else doesn't?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    What does Chucky see in Kizer that everyone else doesn't?
    He's a QB.

Like, this is a "Gruden is nuts" bingo card thing. Hoarding signal-callers, and wasting time convincing whoever will listen how he's got the next Favre in his QB room.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

A day after trading away yet another veteran (Kiko Alonso) for essentially an unproven younger player at LB ; Brian Flores was defending the decisions made for the Dolphins. Claiming the team isn't "tanking" the season . Yet as some have brought up the Dolphins essentially traded away 3 veteran players for really nothing beyond draft picks as the Texans gave for Tunsil (starting LT) and Kenny Stills (starting WR). The team then traded its starting LB away who has performed great for them.

Its hard to say your not trying to tank when you trade your all-pro LB away for a guy who hasn't ever really started before.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    A day after trading away yet another veteran (Kiko Alonso) for essentially an unproven younger player at LB ; Brian Flores was defending the decisions made for the Dolphins. Claiming the team isn't "tanking" the season . Yet as some have brought up the Dolphins essentially traded away 3 veteran players for really nothing beyond draft picks as the Texans gave for Tunsil (starting LT) and Kenny Stills (starting WR). The team then traded its starting LB away who has performed great for them.

Its hard to say your not trying to tank when you trade your all-pro LB away for a guy who hasn't ever really started before.
    For Flores to say the Dolphins aren’t tanking, despite having traded away veteran talent, it reminds me of something a World War II general said, “We’re not retreating. We’re just advancing in a different direction”. An amazing denial of reality by Flores.

He had 1. Derek Carr
    2. Mike Glennon
    3. Nathan Peterman

Jon Gruden is a joke.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

There seems to be a reason Gruden signed Kizer now. Peterman was placed on IR today so they signed him to be a 3rd QB it appears.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

My final predictions for the season

AFC East
    1. Patriots 12-4
    2. Jets 6-11
    3. Bills 5-11
    4. Dolphins 3-13

AFC North
    1. Steelers 11-5
    2. Browns 10-6 *
    3. Ravens 8-8
    4. Bengals 5-11

AFC South
    1. Texans 10-6
    2. Jaguars 9-7
    3. Titans 8-8
    4. Colts 7-9

AFC West
    1. Chiefs 13-3
    2. Chargers 11-5 *
    3. Broncos 6-10
    4. Raiders 4-12

NFC East
    1. Eagles 13-3
    2. Cowboys 8-8
    3. Giants 6-10
    4. Redskins 5-11

NFC North
    1. Bears 11-5
    2. Vikings 10-6 *
    3. Packers 7-9
    4. Lions 6-10

NFC South
    1. Saints 12-4
    2. Falcons 9-7
    3. Panthers 8-8
    4. Bucs 5-11

NFC West
    1. Rams 11-5
    2. Seahawks 10-6 *
    3. Cards 4-12
    4. 49ers 3-13

Wild Card Playoffs
    Bears over Seahawks
    Rams over Vikings
    Steelers over Browns
    Chargers over Texans

Divisional playoffs
    Chiefs over Chargers
    Steelers over Patriots
    Eagles over Rams
    Saints over Bears

Championship games
    Eagles over Saints
    Chiefs over Steelers

Super Bowl
    Eagles over Chiefs- Eagles beat their old coach and their old RB

it was one of the first years John Madden's role in commentary was reduced, and instead, they got Collinsworth for the "in game play by play".

I have never moved to an "Options" menu to turn something off so fast in my life.
    Here, here.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Feel free to come over to the 2019 Regular Season Thread

Well the regular season maybe 2 days away but yesterday the LA Rams gave Jared Goff a huge extension. This was a 4 year $134 million extension. With $110 million guaranted .

This puts Goff ahead of Wentz for most guaranteed money . Wentz is guaranteed $107.9 million and now Goff has passed him.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well the regular season maybe 2 days away but yesterday the LA Rams gave Jared Goff a huge extension. This was a 4 year $134 million extension. With $110 million guaranted .

This puts Goff ahead of Wentz for most guaranteed money . Wentz is guaranteed $107.9 million and now Goff has passed him.
    And Patrick Mahomes will pass Goff quick, fast, and in a hurry.

I'm happy with the Goff extension, he actually has made it to the Super Bowl unlike many who have gotten the big money lately.

Meanwhile, Dallas signed Zeke. Six years, 90 million. Biggest deal for a running back in NFL history.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/e...-say-about-it/

And Dak Prescott breathes a heavy sigh of relief.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 09-04-2019 at 08:41 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I'm happy with the Goff extension, he actually has made it to the Super Bowl unlike many who have gotten the big money lately.
    The Rams rewarded a less successful version of Joe Flacco, and are now boned in terms of the salary cap, with the money they've doled out to him, and Todd Gurley and his arthritic knees.

That championship window is gonna close fast on L.A. if they don't win this year or next.

The Rams rewarded a less successful version of Joe Flacco, and are now boned in terms of the salary cap, with the money they've doled out to him, and Todd Gurley and his arthritic knees.

That championship window is gonna close fast on L.A. if they don't win this year or next.
    The Rams at least have a proven, viable window. Thats more than you can say for 90 percent of the teams, who only think they have a window. Every window closes eventually, though.

Either way, Goff deserves it for his season play (plus longevity, he never got hurt for long) and his playoff performance. Hard to blame any team who gets so snookered by Belichick and Brady as they did in the Super Bowl. Thats a tough nut to crack.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 09-04-2019 at 10:40 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.