Default The New Hellboy trailer 2019

What do you guys think?

Before I thought Shazam might rule until Endgame is release but I think this going to take away from its adult viewers and be really competitive.

I'm in looks fun. Still prefer Pearlmans look and voice. This kinda gives me a R rated Ragnarok Vibe. Dont know why since everyone in this movie seems super serious except hellboy. Have to be honest never read any of the comics but I enjoyed Pearlmans movies. Gonna hard act to follow Pearlman was perfect imo

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

It might be fun but the more I see, the more confused I become. What are they going for here? This was supposed to be closer to the gritty horror of the comics but it looks like the Del Toro films but with none of his distinct visual style and personality. I don't need it to be faithful to the comics, of which I haven't actually read a ton, as I loved Hellboy 2 and very much enjoyed the first one but this doesn't really seem to have much of an identity, which is a real problem for a Hellboy movie.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

I thought it was a fun trailer but it didn't change my mind on the film. Ironically the biggest problem is that it feels too similar to the Del Toro films and less its own unique take. It might have been better had they adapted another part of Hellboy's history like his early years at the BPRD or even the Witchfinder/Lobster johnson stuff.

I wouldn't mind if Abe and Liz get their own spinoffs before we meet them. Them being Hellboy's partners/friends who he hasn't seen in a while and are on different case/departments is a good way to use them.

Not gonna lie tho Hellboy has some good wisecracks in the trailer.

The character I'm most concerned with is Alice (the girl with the braids) as she had a different role in the comics. I'm curious if her connection/history with the Fay is gonna be acknowledged.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-02-2019 at 07:22 AM.