Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
And yet, it's nominated.

Weird. It's like one of us can point to an actual objective standard (An academy award nomination). And the other one of us is full of **** (Hint: It's you).
Well lets see.... The Dark Knight is the reason that the Best Picture nomination list expanded, which realistically is the only reason Black Panther got nominated. If you really think Black Panther would have got nominated in 2008 I have a bridge to sell you. So that's not even remotely compelling argument. In fact lacks a whole bunch of context. Let's put it this way, movie fans were so irate one film didn't get nominated that people still view it as one of the biggest snubs of all time a decade later and the Academy flat out changed it's award process in response. One film's response to getting nominated is, pretty negative to say the least and this is largely being called one of the weakest Oscar seasons in years (both BP and Bohemian Rhapsody are kind of joke nominations tbh).

Second, at least I could provide a list of technical aspects of film making that you can evaluate in some sort of measurable way by comparing the techniques and innovation each aspect (acting performance, cinematography). You provided a highly subjective list of things like "compelling antagonist" which is far more subjective than anything I posted. And quite frankly, you're really going to have a hard time selling that Killmonger was more compelling than Ledger's Joker. So it wasn't even a great one.

Third, stop being rude. For one, if you need to call other people full of **** to support your argument, it's a bad argument. And considering the way you presented your case, you shouldn't be throwing stones. Now if you, can't be mature and discuss this, maybe you are just too emotionally invested on this subject.