Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
Compelling characters? Yeah I’m waiting for the iconic character that viewed as one of the greatest character performances ever to show itself.

I don’t really know how much clearer you can define a pure anarchist who wants to cause chaos. I mean not only did the antagonist state it himself, you had multiple characters talking about how “he just wants to watch the world burn”.

Third act? Really a generic battle and a one on one fight that wasn’t particularly memorable was a great third act. I guess Bilbo Baggins playing Star Fox was more compelling than the boat scene and Harvey Dents fall.

Okay as far as measurable.....

1. Performances. There was no acting near the level of Ledger or Eckhart. Jordan was probably the best actor in the film and I wouldn’t even catagorize it as the best performance he had this year.

2. Directing. Yeah gonna give the nod to Nolan on this one. Sorry but there’s very little direction wise that sets Black Panthers actual visual story telling apart from a typical Marvel film. It was done about as well as you can, but still very formulaic.

3. Effects. Well let’s just say there wasn’t a single action scene better than TDK’s car chase scene. Probably not a better set piece scene than the bank robbery.

4. Cinematography.... yeah I really don’t see what’s even remotely notable about Black Panther on this front.

5. Influence. Well for about a decade everyone and there mother has been ripping off The Dark Knight and it’s arguably the most famous film of its decade, certainly that year.

I’d be hard pressed to find a real technical aspect of filmmaking that Black Panther outpaced The Dark Knight. Like I could see someone subjectively liking the story and the themes better. But as a film? No it’s not really that much of a contest.
Ya I agree with this.