Default The Presence, The Overvoid, and The Writer

No, not asking for a Rumbles between these 3 entities.

I believe there are rules against making straight-up omnipotence vs omnipotence rumbles, yes?

And these are unquestionably the 3 most powerful entities (based on presentation) that DC ever published.

My question is simple: do any of these 3 have any usable on-panel Rumble feats at all? Or it is all talk and no action?

Oh, and Bonus Question: does Yin (The DC cosmic twin counterpart to Yang, the Marvel Cosmic who dwarfed the Living Tribunal) technically beat all 3, since he has actual on-panel feats from 1995's MARVEL VS DC?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

There aren't any RULES against making up Omnipotents versus Omnipotents, but every time it happens, most posters just roll their eyes and ignore the thread, or make joke responses. Occasionally someone comes in and starts arguing about 'dimensional tiering', or 'This Multiverse versus That Multiverse', or 'author claims that this omnipotent being's reality incorporates all fictional realities, so he's better', or the like, but those tend to sputter out and die after a couple of pages containing further massed barrages of snark and joke posts, plus the occasional moderator warning or five, potentially ending with a banning.

Tl;dr: There is no rule against it, but don't expect a lot. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Yeah because Omnipotent vs Omnipotent is a slippery slope. It is suppose to be one per multi/universe thing. The truest true omnipotent is a Omniverse (affecting every possible one) Being.

Issue is that we, no clear cut being who affects everything, the same.

I mean, I'm trying to think of feats for any of them.

The Presence stalemated the Great Evil Beast (who beat the crap out of the Spectre), so there's that. Also ate the Archangel Michael alive (who also beat the Spectre), but I think that was an illusion he put on the Spectre, so IDK.

The Overvoid basically is what the Pre-Retcon Beyonder was (a sapient eternally infinite white realm) prior to discovering their respective "tiny" multiverses within themselves. I guess it was capable of caging the multiverse and creating Monitors.

The Writer? I got nothing, other than "wrote the entire multiverse into existence on The Overvoid against its will". Seems the meta aspect puts The Writer in the exact same fiction-busting category as Marvel's The One Above All, but more morally ambiguous.

Again, I'm just asking if any of these 3 have on-panel feats that are usable. I'm feeling the answer is probably not, but I'd like to be wrong.
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 01-22-2019 at 12:12 PM.