All-New Member

Default Are the invincible library editions worth it?

Hi, I've been checking these forums for sometime but this is my first post. I looked around about this topic in particular but didnt find anything. I wanted to ask for someone who has the invincible library hardcovers if those editions are good quality ( (is the paper stock thin or thick, good extras sketches etc) and if they are worth it for the price. I ask because I cant find any videos or posts reviewing any of this editions, only the ultimate editions. I would appreciate any insights on this.
    Thanks.

All-New Member

It would also be useful to know if the compendiums are recommended

Quote Originally Posted by Superkong 500 View Post
    Hi, I've been checking these forums for sometime but this is my first post. I looked around about this topic in particular but didnt find anything. I wanted to ask for someone who has the invincible library hardcovers if those editions are good quality ( (is the paper stock thin or thick, good extras sketches etc) and if they are worth it for the price. I ask because I cant find any videos or posts reviewing any of this editions, only the ultimate editions. I would appreciate any insights on this.
    Thanks.
    Few points:

1. The quality of the library editions is very high. Large, high quality paper, good binding.
    2. They contain all the extra sketches and notes that the other volumes have (trades have sketches, Ultimate collection has all the sketches from the 2 trades it contains, Library edition has all the sketches from the 2 Ultimate collections it contains). So they are all in one place but there isn't anything extra that you wouldn't have if you have the smaller volumes.
    3. The biggest problem is that they have 3 Library editions. They weren't profitable enough so they quit that edition of collections. So you can only get about the first 75 issues or so.
    4. Last I checked the Library editions were more expensive than buying the 2 Ultimate editions they each contain.
    5. They are very heavy and hard to read while holding them. You'll need a table to rest them on while reading them.
    6. For these reasons I recommend the Ultimate collections. They are still oversized (if not as large as the Library), they are reasonable prices, still hardcover, you can read them without a table to rest them on, and you can get the whole series in this format.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by LukasG View Post
    It would also be useful to know if the compendiums are recommended
    Compendiums are great if you only want to read the issues. Cheapest way to get all the issues. However, they do not have any extras like sketches or commentary like the other collected formats and they are pretty heavy to hold and read.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

All-New Member

Thanks for the description of the library editions. The main reason I asked is because they are basically the equivalent of the dc absolutes and I like to appreciate the art in oversized pages to absorb all the details and all that. But the ultimate editions seem like the way to go to collect the whole series.

Just to provide some reassurance, I agree with everything Capuga said. I personally have the Ultimate Collection hardcovers and love them. You can't go wrong whichever way you decide, one of my all-time favorite books.