Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

Default Marvel Team-Up Returns in April

https://www.chicagotribune.com/enter...123-story.html

This April, venerable Spider-title Marvel-Team Up returns, kicking off with a three-part story teaming Ms. Marvel with Spider-Man. Penned by Eve Ewing and penciled by Joey Vazquez, there's no word yet as to whether the book will continue with Spider-Man and a guest-star like the first volume mostly was, or whether it'll be a rotating cast of Marvel pairings, like the Robert Kirkman MTU.

It's a Ms Marvel book. Look at the logo. There's a variant cover showing what is presumably the rest of the first year's co-stars too.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

https://twitter.com/saladinahmed/sta...59115353501696

Saladin Ahmed, who is taking over Ms. Marvel's regular title, says it's a second Ms. Marvel ongoing. Peter's just guest starring for the first issue? Arc? (That's a bit unclear.)

Odd that Spider-Man gets top billing, since it seems to be a Ms. Marvel book.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Respect maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Which character sells more?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

They're just using him for first issue bump. I'm sure when his arc ends, after that the characters will be listed with Ms. Marvel first and the other one second.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They're just using him for first issue bump. I'm sure when his arc ends, after that the characters will be listed with Ms. Marvel first and the other one second.
    And probably as a tribute to Spider-Man's history with the Marvel Team-Up title.

I love team-up comics. Although I haven't necessarily been collecting Ms Marvel, I'll be all in for this series.

Artist Joey Vazquez describes the book as a Spider-Man/ Ms. Marvel team-up.

https://twitter.com/JoeyVazquezart/s...05636962930690
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Artist Joey Vazquez describes the book as a Spider-Man/ Ms. Marvel team-up.

https://twitter.com/JoeyVazquezart/s...05636962930690
    That might have been a typo since I doubt Spidey will stick around unless the next team-up is Miles.

I'm a bit surprised that Marvel isn't being clear about whether this is definitively a Ms Marvel team-up title (seems likeliest from all the links), a Spidey team-up book or the two of them together ala Spidey/Deadpool. Just kind of odd when you are promoting a new title not to be clearer what it will be beyond the first arc.....unless they don't know yet.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    I'm a bit surprised that Marvel isn't being clear about whether this is definitively a Ms Marvel team-up title (seems likeliest from all the links), a Spidey team-up book or the two of them together ala Spidey/Deadpool. Just kind of odd when you are promoting a new title not to be clearer what it will be beyond the first arc.....unless they don't know yet.
    They weren't exactly clear with Marvel Two-In-One or Tales Of Suspense either, so not a huge surprise. We'll just have to wait until the first arc concludes to see. Either way, I'm excited because Ewing and Vazquez are great and I know they could handle Spider-Man, Ms. Marvel, or anybody else really well.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    The variant for the series also makes it look more like a Ms. Marvel book.