Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Marvel are really making it easier to drop ASM
    What?? Why drop it? It's just getting good!

That's a nice looking solicit listing for April! With ASM firing on all cylinders, a promising start for FNSM and some promising new titles in Symbiotie Spidey and Zdarsky's "Life Story", I am definitely in!

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    That's a nice looking solicit listing for April! With ASM firing on all cylinders, a promising start for FNSM and some promising new titles in Symbiotie Spidey and Zdarsky's "Life Story", I am definitely in!
    I know, right? This is a promising era for Spider-Man!

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Venom seems to be stuck in a little pause since the Knull story. Hope it picks up. I appreciate the Web of Venom stories, though, but would like to see more in the main series.

Needs

More

Scarlet

Spider

-Pav, who wants more comics starring C- and D-Listers in general...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thoughts:

- "The wicked web-slinger called Venom," isn't that SpOck too now? Or should we really count venom separately from the Spider-Man brand by this point? Oh lord, he's our Deadpool .

- Lizard and Bachalo? That never ends well. Who's Curt going to eat this time ?

- One thing I hope separates Spencer's big Spidey stories from Slott's is keeping the focus on Spider-Man and have him really drive the story, which so far from the solicits sounds to be the case.

- I wonder if they'll show Gwen's death in "Life Story" or just allude to it? I'm also curious how Zdarksy's Osborn here compares to his take on him in Spec.

- A hero-for-hire seems to be the only reasonable career Gwen could have as a public Superhero. Kind of weird to see them finally bring up her love life though.

- Now that I think about it, I believe Strange is one of the few major heroes Otto never interacted with as Spider-Man, at least that I can remember...maybe during Infinity?

- It's nice to see Tombstone so prominently used in a Spider-Man title again .

- Feels kind of too little, too late, to finally be trying for some Marvel's Spider-Man synergy with Marvel Super Hero Adventures.
    I hope that Janice Lincoln also appears.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thoughts:

- "The wicked web-slinger called Venom," isn't that SpOck too now? Or should we really count venom separately from the Spider-Man brand by this point? Oh lord, he's our Deadpool .
    They fill different niches. Spock is more of an semi-repentant Martin Shkreli while Venom is more of a semi-repentant Arthur Shawcross. Spock will kill an evildoer, buy up their financial assets, take their woman, and do everything he can to sully their name. Venom will kill an evildoer, devour their bones, brains, and flesh, and joke about it after.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Venom seems to be stuck in a little pause since the Knull story. Hope it picks up. I appreciate the Web of Venom stories, though, but would like to see more in the main series.
    I think we're gonna get a major cosmic horror/monster story after The Abyss and the War of the Realms crossover are done. Carnage Born and Venom Unleashed only set things up.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."