Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

No Road Home just interrupts the main Avengers book's legacy numbering (which is the same thing that UXM mini is doing) - it would seem that the variant with #166 on it was an error (the same cover has since been seen with the correct numbering on it), but since that matches New Avengers numbering, it pretty much gives away that we may be expecting that book to relaunch in the May solicits (either as a spin-off from No Road Home or a replacement for West Coast). And the New Avengers numbering would count both New Avengers vol 1 and No Surrender, which are already in the main series numbering, and yet, not U.S.Avengers, which, as it connects Ewing's New Avengers to No Surrender, should be considered part of New Avengers. If they aren't including U.S.A, then No Surrender shouldn't count either.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Captain America #10
    Invaders #4
    War of the Realms #1
    War of the Realms #2
    Avengers #18
    Captain Marvel #4
    Fantastic Four #9
    Daredevil #4
    Black Widow #4

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No Road Home just interrupts the main Avengers book's legacy numbering (which is the same thing that UXM mini is doing) - it would seem that the variant with #166 on it was an error (the same cover has since been seen with the correct numbering on it), but since that matches New Avengers numbering, it pretty much gives away that we may be expecting that book to relaunch in the May solicits (either as a spin-off from No Road Home or a replacement for West Coast). And the New Avengers numbering would count both New Avengers vol 1 and No Surrender, which are already in the main series numbering, and yet, not U.S.Avengers, which, as it connects Ewing's New Avengers to No Surrender, should be considered part of New Avengers. If they aren't including U.S.A, then No Surrender shouldn't count either.
    I think that West Coast Avengers will end at issue #10. Hawkeye will go from there to the No Road Home storyline. The rest of the West Coast Avengers will be relaunched as Young Avengers after War of the Realms. The cast of No Road Home will continue as the New Avengers after War of the Realms. There will then be three monthly Avengers titles.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder how long they might take Vision out. I don't feel like they can keep such a major Avengers character off the board for too long.
    Since she's not on the covers I was thinking they might pull a bait and switch and kill the Scarlet Witch - amazingly considering everything else that's been done to her, she's never really been killed (only fake-out deaths or deaths that are immediately reversed with time travel, stuff like that).

Either way both of them will be back in time for their Disney+ miniseries.

Conan The Barbarian #5
    Savage Sword of Conan#4
    Age of Conan: Belit, Queen of the Black Coast #2
    Batman - Daredevil

Incredible Member

War of the Realms #1 & 2- I was going to swear off Marvel events but Aaron's run has been building to this and I like Dauterman
    Avengers#18
    Venom #13
    Major X #1 & 2- looking forward to new Marvel work from Liefeld
    Symbiote Spider-Man #1
    All four Amazing Spiderman Issues- Hated Spencer's Captain America run but he doing a Spider-Man run that would make Stan proud.
    Invaders #4
    Immortal Hulk#16
    Cult of Carnage#1
    Spider-Man Life Story #2
    GoTG #4
    Fantastic Four #9
    Dardevil #4
    Uncanny #15 & 16
    X-Force#6 - Just read the first issue, really liked it. I usually buy anything with Brisson on it.
    Dead Man Logan #6
    Conan #5

Invaders #4
    Daredevil #4
    Thor #12
    War of the Realms #1
    War of the Realms #2

I've been with Jason Aaron's run since God of Thunder so I'm on board with War of the Realms. At least the main book, I'll wait on the reviews for a few of the tie-ins.

I've been waiting on Comixology sales for Fantastic Four, Avengers, Amazing Spider-Man, Captain America, and Iron Man and I'll continue to do so.

Thoughts:

- Look, a major Thor story where Thor gets top billing and prominence on the art! I wonder if that will change once Jane inevitably gets her own hammer ?
    What is that saying? "How can we miss you if you won't go away?"

So I guess War of the Realms is officially our "event of the year" with all the tie-ins and mini's that entails. Reminds me of the Casket of Ancient Winters stuff, even if that was a lot smaller scale compared to this.
    Squadron Supreme of America?" Doesn't roll off the tongue like the DC equivalents...although does that make this the 3rd or 4th variant of the Squadron? Assuming they're not just the old version refurbished.
    Hopefully it's just an older version refurbished.

I wonder how long they might take Vision out. I don't feel like they can keep such a major Avengers character off the board for too long.
    Ben there done that. Hopefully they don't do it again. Killing Victor Shade isn't going to make Vivian interesting. She is still going to be her same boring self, (yeah I said it) nothing is going to make her interesting. Her characterization is just Data from Star Trek The Next Generation.

Off-hand exploring the history of Thanos raising Gamora should be interesting, but I can't help but wonder how much synergy they might throw in there.
    The answer is all of of it. All of the synergy.

What better way to emphasize Ms. Marvel as this generation's Spider-Man then by giving her her own team-up book? But while I get why they're starting off with Spidey, it feels a little redundant with their last team-up during Slott's run. I'm curious what the sales barometer for it is going to be as a spinoff of the main Ms. Marvel book, which is already more of a digital and trade success then a floppy success by this point.
    The thing about a team-up book is you have to be as interesting as the people you are teaming up with. Ms. Marvel is very upbeat and competent but she isn't interesting or dynamic. She is Cyclops without the pain, interesting powers and backstory.

That Invaders cover makes me miss Namor's old looks.
    Nah, current look works.

Looks like we're finally going to see Bruce deal with Rick's death...
    I'm torn. I know that this will make for a great issue, but I'm so over death in comics...

It's nice to see a Guardians team that isn't playing around.
    Agreed.

"Ten Rings?" Did Fraction already bring that into the comics? I feel like it's existed before.
    I'm cool with them being used again.

Carol vs. Rogue? Considering Thompson's a fan of both, should be interesting to see what kind of dynamic she writes with them.
    I...don't care anymore. This story would be powerful if the characters were equal, but it's so obvious that everyone likes Rogue more.

I wonder which family member of Kamala's is in bad medical condition? I kinda feel like it might be her dad, but I could see it being Aamir.
    I'm sure she will come through it with flying colors.

Well, I guess now that they've basically MCU-ized Shuri, she can go on team-ups with other young heroes
    If she did would you even be able to tell the difference?

Is T'Challa ever going back to Earth in his solo book? Kind of weird to see things be so out-of-synch there
    I have been getting my Black Panther from Avengers

The Shadow Wing Star Wars book sounds really interesting.

- Looks like they're using Morgan's Avengers: Secret Wars design for that Marvel Rising comic.
    I'm done with Star Wars and haven't read Marvel Rising.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 01-23-2019 at 02:22 PM.

Spectacular Member DamianWayne1's Avatar

Amazing Spider-Man #19-20
    Champions #4
    Daredevil #4
    Ironheart #5
    Tony Stark: Iron Man #11
    Uncanny X-Men #15-16
    X-23 #11

Maybe -
    Amazing Spider-Man #18.HU, #19.HU
    Marvel Team-Up #1

To borrow Snoop Dogg's posting format:

Def
    - Immortal Hulk #16 (I love this comic so damn much)
    - Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #43 (One of my all-time favorite Marvel runs.)
    - Avengers #18
    - Thor #12
    - War of the Realms #s 1&2
    - Dr. Strange #13 (Galacta-Hat weirdness!)
    - Conan the Barbarian #5 (might have to look for that giant octopus variant for obvious reasons)
    - West Coast Avengers #10 (This comic has been fun)
    - Black Panther #11 (Wakandan Star Wars story is kinda fun)
    - Fantastic Four #9
    - Marvel Team-Up #1 (I like the team-up comics)

Maybe
    - Daredevil #4 (DD/Punisher conflicts are juicy treats)
    - Marvel Comics Presents #4 (I see Moon Knight on that cover...)
    - Captain America #10
    - Amazing Spider-Man #18 (The Gibbon? OK, I won't dismiss that.)

BANNED

THOUGHTS:

War of the Realms #1 (of 6)
    The absence of Thor is interesting given this, in theory, his event, just as Fear Itself was as it was centered on a problem of Asgardian origin. I'm really looking forward to this series and it'll be interesting to see how successfully they connect all of the tie-ins and mini-series'.
    War of the Realms #2 (of 6)
    The T'Challa, Jane & Stephen trio is an exciting one and I'm intrigued by their desperate gamble. Desperate times call for desperate measures right?
    War of the Realms: Journey Into Mystery #1
    I'm glad to see Wonder Man again, and it's refreshing to see Miles + Kate in usage outside of their titles too. I like Druid, but I'm a little bummed that we didn't get Brother Voodoo, Daimon Hellstrom, Sister Grimm or Wiccan instead, particularly when all of them other than Nico is currently MIA.
    Avengers #18
    I mean, it's nice to see the Squadron again, but I'm disappointed they're in their classic uniforms and that the most recent incarnation of the SS was dumped. I really liked Blur and Doctor Spectrum, and it would have been cool if Tilda Johnson had stepped in as Nighthawk. Sure, they mightn't have been antagonists in the way that Aaron intends them to be, but the time spent to develop those peeps shouldn't have been for naught.
    Asgardians of the Galaxy #8
    Are we meant to assume Kid Loki has departed by this point? And I'm sure that Destroyer armor would come in handy right about now... if the team has been reduced in number then I hope Sera, Sif or Exiles Valkyrie joins the crew.
    War of the Realms: Punisher #1
    I love that Castle doesn't have to hold back during the War of the Realms. He's gonna flourish in being able to go all guns blazing
    Avengers: No Road Home #8, #9, #10
    I love that Nyx & Oizys are the antagonists for this run, a deep cut from Ancient Greek mythology. It def looks like Vision is the fallen Avenger, especially with his death having already been foreshadowed. Avengers: No Surrender failed to result in a new Avengers ongoing, but I'm hoping this series can achieve that goal- it'd be great to get Wanda, Monica, Herc etc.
    Amazing Spider-Man #17, #18, #19, #20
    It feels like an oversight to not include Eel, Porcupine, Kangaroo, Armadillo & the dozens of other animal-themed villains in Kraven's big hunt. I've found it hard to get into this run but it seems like a cool story nonetheless.
    Marvel Team-Up
    Pretty cool that the next generation of Marvel is being represented through Kamala. I hope to see her team-up with Dust & Robbie Reyes among others.
    Champions #4
    I'm betting that Miles made a deal to save someone he cares about, mirroring the actions of Peter Parker.
    It better not be Machine Man or Jocasta taking a dive. Obvs Tony, Rhodey & Janet are safe but the rest are at risk.
    Guardians of the Galaxy #4
    I do wish that Nova, Darkhawk or Mantis had made the team, but I'm glad we've got some heavy hitters and something to differentiate from the GotG we've had ever since the MCU installment. Based upon #1 at least, I think it's gonna work pretty well.
    Captain Marvel #4
    Is this 616 Rogue caught up in all this? Or is this an alternate version of her? Either way, it'll be one to watch. I do feel like when Kelly Thompson is writing big characters she seems to go through a checklist of things to do/address. This is certainly one of them.
    Winter Soldier #6
    Hmm, will we see RJ again beyond this series? A Champion perhaps?
    Doctor Strange #13
    The logistics of Galactus consuming other worlds, realms, dimensions etc. is crazy to think about. If his diet changed up that much, what would happen? I'm not sure he could properly digest the Dark Dimension for example without some big ramifications.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    THOUGHTS:

War of the Realms #1 (of 6)
    The absence of Thor is interesting given this, in theory, his event, just as Fear Itself was as it was centered on a problem of Asgardian origin. I'm really looking forward to this series and it'll be interesting to see how successfully they connect all of the tie-ins and mini-series'.
    War of the Realms #2 (of 6)
    The T'Challa, Jane & Stephen trio is an exciting one and I'm intrigued by their desperate gamble. Desperate times call for desperate measures right?
    War of the Realms: Journey Into Mystery #1
    I'm glad to see Wonder Man again, and it's refreshing to see Miles + Kate in usage outside of their titles too. I like Druid, but I'm a little bummed that we didn't get Brother Voodoo, Daimon Hellstrom, Sister Grimm or Wiccan instead, particularly when all of them other than Nico is currently MIA.
    Avengers #18
    I mean, it's nice to see the Squadron again, but I'm disappointed they're in their classic uniforms and that the most recent incarnation of the SS was dumped. I really liked Blur and Doctor Spectrum, and it would have been cool if Tilda Johnson had stepped in as Nighthawk. Sure, they mightn't have been antagonists in the way that Aaron intends them to be, but the time spent to develop those peeps shouldn't have been for naught.
    Asgardians of the Galaxy #8
    Are we meant to assume Kid Loki has departed by this point? And I'm sure that Destroyer armor would come in handy right about now... if the team has been reduced in number then I hope Sera, Sif or Exiles Valkyrie joins the crew.
    War of the Realms: Punisher #1
    I love that Castle doesn't have to hold back during the War of the Realms. He's gonna flourish in being able to go all guns blazing
    Avengers: No Road Home #8, #9, #10
    I love that Nyx & Oizys are the antagonists for this run, a deep cut from Ancient Greek mythology. It def looks like Vision is the fallen Avenger, especially with his death having already been foreshadowed. Avengers: No Surrender failed to result in a new Avengers ongoing, but I'm hoping this series can achieve that goal- it'd be great to get Wanda, Monica, Herc etc.
    Amazing Spider-Man #17, #18, #19, #20
    It feels like an oversight to not include Eel, Porcupine, Kangaroo, Armadillo & the dozens of other animal-themed villains in Kraven's big hunt. I've found it hard to get into this run but it seems like a cool story nonetheless.
    Marvel Team-Up
    Pretty cool that the next generation of Marvel is being represented through Kamala. I hope to see her team-up with Dust & Robbie Reyes among others.
    Champions #4
    I'm betting that Miles made a deal to save someone he cares about, mirroring the actions of Peter Parker.
    It better not be Machine Man or Jocasta taking a dive. Obvs Tony, Rhodey & Janet are safe but the rest are at risk.
    Guardians of the Galaxy #4
    I do wish that Nova, Darkhawk or Mantis had made the team, but I'm glad we've got some heavy hitters and something to differentiate from the GotG we've had ever since the MCU installment. Based upon #1 at least, I think it's gonna work pretty well.
    Captain Marvel #4
    Is this 616 Rogue caught up in all this? Or is this an alternate version of her? Either way, it'll be one to watch. I do feel like when Kelly Thompson is writing big characters she seems to go through a checklist of things to do/address. This is certainly one of them.
    Winter Soldier #6
    Hmm, will we see RJ again beyond this series? A Champion perhaps?
    Doctor Strange #13
    The logistics of Galactus consuming other worlds, realms, dimensions etc. is crazy to think about. If his diet changed up that much, what would happen? I'm not sure he could properly digest the Dark Dimension for example without some big ramifications.
    Hey, that reminds me- where is doctor spectrum?

She went to live in New Attilan, it turned out she was an Inhuman. But she hasn't appeared since the ANAD Squadron Supreme book ended.

Regarding ASM, yeah, Porcupine should definitely have been involved - it would also mean his girlfriend getting dragged in - Jessica Drew Spider-Woman!

Tilda DID become Nighthawk, in the final arc of Occupy Avengers. However, the book's ending made it unclear if she survived. By the time the Occupy team appeared in No Surrender, it was down to just Hawkeye and Red Wolf.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    If Nick Spencer wasn't writing these, I'd probably give them a pass but as he's writing them, I'll be buying with confidence.

Even if I don't need them to understand the main ASM storyline, I'm betting they'll be good reads. And really, how am I supposed to say no to a spotlight issue on The Gibbon?
    I just hope he doesn't forget the work done with Gibbon back in the Marvel Apes books.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She went to live in New Attilan, it turned out she was an Inhuman. But she hasn't appeared since the ANAD Squadron Supreme book ended.

Tilda DID become Nighthawk, in the final arc of Occupy Avengers. However, the book's ending made it unclear if she survived. By the time the Occupy team appeared in No Surrender, it was down to just Hawkeye and Red Wolf.
    I don't think any of the ANAD Squadron Supreme have shown up since then have they? A shame really because they're the best incarnation yet.
    I highly doubt they'd kill Nighthawk off-panel. That's the biggest disservice a character can get- not being important enough to show, or even mention, their death (though I guess that did just happen with 616 Moondragon).

Regarding ASM, yeah, Porcupine should definitely have been involved - it would also mean his girlfriend getting dragged in - Jessica Drew Spider-Woman!
    I mean, I get why there are only so many characters included: too many and it becomes tough to manage and a nightmare for the artist. That said, it still would have been cool.