Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member sublimeclown's Avatar

The only proper way to pronounce MLF is milf.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    is elizabeth necking fred with tongue seriously the most hype thing coming in april
    Major X saving mutantkind?

Kwannon in a version of Psylocke's trademarked look? Not concerned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thats not unheard of and I dont see why he should be getting criticism. He's not just drawing, but also writing. Having more than one person drawing if it keeps it on a regular schedule is a good decision
    It's a 6 issue special event that Marvel could have released after waiting on his pencils to be finished! It's his decades-old idea! I never thought I'd be arguing for Liefeld art.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

A team that has three queer characters in a world where love is banned... and we get Psylocke and Blob?

Archiving this for the next time someone says queer characters are "forced"

Nvm but blob and psylocke lol ohh well
    Last edited by bell; 01-22-2019 at 03:01 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Cover of the month...
    I just keep seeing the flag of turkey everywhere. Can't unsee it.

Is AoXm straightwashing queer struggled to love openly?

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    A team that has three queer characters in a world where love is banned... and we get Psylocke and Blob?

High Five bro!!!

I hope there is some gay couple on this

I didn't notice that till now. Wow that's... really messed up actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Literally why is no one else pissed that they shoved Kwannon into the tankini?

A design that was NEVER hers and is literally the fucking worst. What the hell.

I think it may be Kwannon based on the cover? Otherwise, maybe Sunspot? It wouldn't be the first time.
    Not pissed because I'm not surprised. I can't expect this regime to bring a character back from the 90's and not put them in what they wore 26 years ago.

BANNED

Honestly, Betsy and Blob boning will be my favorite topic for months. It's so unexpected and the franchise is retreading so many old concepts that I'm actually looking forward to it just for the surprise factor. God bless Leah.

The forbidden love thing isn’t being handled by some straight person, the writer is bi so I’m sure this will be handled well.

BANNED

I can't make out all the characters on Bachalo's cover its not clear to me

BANNED

X-23, Romy, and the AoX books for me. Psylocke and Blob is way, way, out there. These books are clearly going to get immediately undone.

I don't see myself reading the Liefeld book after all. It isn't grabbing me.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Is AoXm straightwashing queer struggled to love openly?
    In the same way the X-Men franchise as a whole has for a long time whitewashed the racial/ethnic minority struggle, yes. As bad as this may be, it's nothing unusual. In fact, it's a common trope in the superhero/sci-fi/fantasy genres for creators to have their cake and eat it, too, by having those that would have historically benefited from and/or engaged in systemic oppression and repression of historically marginalized others themselves victimized for certain distinguishable traits that make them targets for systemic oppression and repression. Personally, I think it might have started as a way to build empathy for those oppressed, repressed, and otherwise marginalized in society by imagining how they (or others like them) could end up in a similar position, but considering that the traits they're oppressed for in such fiction often give them outright superpowers that make them physically and/or mentally superior to (the rest of) the human race, it is somewhat questionable after a certain point how much empathy this actually creates for the oppressed and marginalized in the real world.

The forbidden love thing isn’t being handled by some straight person, the writer is bi so I’m sure this will be handled well.
    Apologies, Tycon. Didn't see your reply there before I posted mine. If that's the case, my concerns may be somewhat alleviated, though the larger point about the franchise as a whole and the wider genre coopting minority/LGBT+ narratives for the benefits of an audience that is presumed to be mostly from the majority population still stands, I think.
    Last edited by Huntsman Spider; 01-22-2019 at 04:20 PM.
    The spider is always on the hunt.