Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    althougth Texeira's artwork left something to be desired.
    I mean...*gestures to art from the past two-three years*

Thank you I'll try to find it. I actually enjoyed the Sabertooth & Mystique mini.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    It's amusing that you're such a Buffy/Angelus fan as well as Monet/Sabertooth because there was that one issue of GenX "Monet..Vampire Slayer" LOL it's just so coincidental
    Well I like Buffy x Angel. But I wouldn't ship her with Angelus. That's as sick as her with Spike. lol

But there's a lot of coincidences with Creed x Monet when you look over the old stuff, and see what ends up being teased later. lol

One example is her rivalry with Jubilee. Wolverine's daughter figure doesn't get along with Sabretooth's almost future girlfriend. lol

Or the silly scene in GenX where Jubilee has nightmares about horror movies & Sabretooth appears as Freddy Krueger and kills M.
    Nightmare.jpg
    lol

And of course Phalanx Covenant is full of it. Like Monet's first love being rescued by the man who would become her 2nd (3rd or 4th depending on where ya put Guido & Madrox) love in a few years. lol
    17.jpg
    Poor Synch. He looks so helpless here.

Stuff like this is fun when you enjoy a pairing. Same with Monica x Chandler in Friends, who I loved. Death to Ross x Rachel!!! But if you hate a pairing, the earlier stuff gets tainted. Like Buffy wanting to kill Spike the early seasons, and Angel stops her from staking him at one point. But I can't take it seriously knowing they get turned into a sex-crazed couple later on.

I didn't know it was Graydon that killed Birdie! I remember Sabertooth telling Psylocke she was dead and about the glow, but never knew what happened I thought he snapped and killed her.
    Yeah, it happened in Sabretooth's 90's mini series where Graydon wanted Sabretooth to assassinate Mystique. When the whole truth comes out, Birdy tries to stop Sabretooth from killing Graydon, and Graydon stabs her. Then he says he did it just to hurt Sabretooth, since Birdy is what kept him in check. Impressed by Graydon's ruthlessness, Sabretooth finally accepts him as his "darling baby boy." lol

I'm hoping Graydon was brought back to be a threat to the Xmen again. A LOT of the villains are being "turned" or softened we need an irredeemable ******* lol
    I definitely think he'll be a villain if he's ever used again. I don't guess it's a coincidence he also showed up in Claws of a Killer. So like Mojo, Graydon may be a villain they wanna try to do something with & expand the X-Men Rogue Gallery.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 01-25-2019 at 01:33 PM.

BANNED

Funny that she looks Monet's way and says "Penance?"

Funny that she looks Monet's way and says "Penance?"
    She calls fro Penance to save her. Penny shows up the next page to scratch Sabretooth to pieces. Then gets killed by Omega Red
    RCO016_1465468459.jpg
    And Sabretooth still comes back the end of the nightmare. lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    She calls fro Penance to save her. Penny shows up the next page to scratch Sabretooth to pieces. Then gets killed by Omega Red
    RCO016_1465468459.jpg
    And Sabretooth still comes back the end of the nightmare. lol
    But was this before we knew that Penance WAS Monet?

But was this before we knew that Penance WAS Monet?
    The real Monet is freed from Penance issue 40. This is issue 41, and her sisters are trapped in it now.

Why is there a Legacy number under the war of realms but not for the Uncanny series? Would the Uncanny issues be 635 and 636? Just trying to understand the legacy numbering’s.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Spectacular Member

Right, it all looks pretty pricey and ridiculous. I think I might take another year long break from comics. I did it when Secret Wars ended and got back into comics when Iceman comic came out. It'll all read better in trades anyway. If I'd done it sooner, I probably wouldn't have hated X-Men Disassembled so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsbane View Post
    Why is there a Legacy number under the war of realms but not for the Uncanny series? Would the Uncanny issues be 635 and 636? Just trying to understand the legacy numbering’s.
    Its an error

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    How do we know he wasn’t hot? Because he was getting bald?
    *shrugs* He just looked rather plain to me. Maybe with hair he would’ve looked ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its an error
    No, it's not. They don't usually include the legacy numbers in the solicits. The WOTR mini and Avengers No Road Home both list them because the numbers interrupt the legacy numbering of the UXM and Avengers ongoings. It does seem rather inconsistent though. Champions' legacy numbering, issue #2 being #29, only counts the 27 issue previous volume, and not it's two part Infinity Countdown tie-in, it's Monsters Unleashed one-shot, or it's annual. If at least the IC issues weren't counted in Champions numbering, why should WOTR contribute to Uncanny X-Men's?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-26-2019 at 07:28 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No, it's not. They don't usually include the legacy numbers in the solicits. The WOTR mini and Avengers No Road Home both list them because the numbers interrupt the legacy numbering of the UXM and Avengers ongoings. It does seem rather inconsistent though. Champions' legacy numbering, issue #2 being #29, only counts the 27 issue previous volume, and not it's two part Infinity Countdown tie-in, it's Monsters Unleashed one-shot, or it's annual. If at least the IC issues weren't counted in Champions numbering, why should WOTR contribute to Uncanny X-Men's?
    How do you know it isnt an error? WOTR makes no sense bc its a mini, a spinoff book. I have a feeling when the issue actually comes out the Legacy numbering will be with Uncanny, not WOTR