Default An idea I had involving sidekicks

So I was thinking of an idea where Diana takes various teen superheroines under her wing from time to time, teaching them and helping them through their problems. Maybe even giving them special costumes? Just a thought that I randomly had, what do you guys think?

Like the ENTIRE under 18 superhuman community?

I'm cool with that.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    So I was thinking of an idea where Diana takes various teen superheroines under her wing from time to time, teaching them and helping them through their problems. Maybe even giving them special costumes? Just a thought that I randomly had, what do you guys think?
    If it means giving the Wonder Girls a firmer footing within the DCU, I'm all for it. That particular element has also been used with Wonder Woman helping to train and mentor Supergirl already.

Given Wonder Woman's apparent age and stature within superheroics, she might even interpret "teen" extremely liberally. Simone had her run a full-contact counselling session with Black Canary. JMS had her give Babs post-TKJ career counseling before TKJ happened. And lets face it, the only people Batman trains are Robins, and Superman's not the teacher and mentor type. If there is anyone to pick up that role within the DCU, it's Diana.

Incredible Member

Sure. But, I'd like to see Diana start with Donna and Cassie first.

Or at least start with Cassie and show the mentor relationship she had with Donna both in their present day interactions and in flashback.

As for helping others, it's been done before in small doses and it certainly seems like part of her character to care for and mentor younger superheroes given her compassion and experience.

I'd rather Diana stick to mentoring Donna and Cassie. Meeting and teaming up with other teens is okay but they should either be independent of her or have their own mentors.

Retired

Well, I long ago had this idea for how I'd like to see the Holliday girls revived as young women who have special abilities who are in a special department of the college that studies that sort of thing. And Wonder Woman is like a mentor who visits the college from time to time.

It’d be kind of wild to see Diana sharing Amazonian ideals and philosophy with the younger superheroine set... I’ve got a story arc in the back of my mind that sees Diana bring a large group of heroines to Themyscira (when she gains access to her home again) as a character study of the heroines and for an adventure that coincidentally happens while they’re in paradise.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Well, I long ago had this idea for how I'd like to see the Holliday girls revived as young women who have special abilities who are in a special department of the college that studies that sort of thing. And Wonder Woman is like a mentor who visits the college from time to time.
    Great idea Jim.

In my own Wonder Woman Series Bible Thingee, I’m also resurrecting Holliday University and the Holliday Girls as sometimes supporting characters. (And I really want Baba Tarr to draw the arc... her Batgirl run was so good and depicting ethnic diversity and style and fashion across character types. She’d capture an international undergrad/grad student population wonderfully.)

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Sure. But, I'd like to see Diana start with Donna and Cassie first.

Or at least start with Cassie and show the mentor relationship she had with Donna both in their present day interactions and in flashback.

As for helping others, it's been done before in small doses and it certainly seems like part of her character to care for and mentor younger superheroes given her compassion and experience.

This please.^^^
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Incredible Member

That would be an interesting Niche for Diana to fill. Batman doesn't really count because he only trains humans under his own team and Superman's not the mentor type. Plus she had trained Supergirl in different iterations.

Retired

I really loved it when Hippolyta was training BC, SSK and Hawkgirl on Themyscira in the beginning part of "Sisters," from JSA ANNUAL (2000). I wanted more of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    That would be an interesting Niche for Diana to fill. Batman doesn't really count because he only trains humans under his own team and Superman's not the mentor type. Plus she had trained Supergirl in different iterations.
    This is an interesting point since, while he CAN train people, he's usually too busy to do it, and that's WHY he had WW train Kara.

I like the idea of WW having her own training center. I mean it's canon that the Amazons do that stuff, so it makes sense for her "little sisters" to come join in.