Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

People are laughing and ridiculing the pairing of Psylocke and Blob and I don’t understand why. Because he’s fat? Are people not allowed to fall for fat people?
    There’s not been a word of dialogue read in this universe yet, so how can anyone judge him on appearance alone?

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Hard to get a sense of Betsy's taste tbh. What kind of music would a british aristocrat model turned japanese culture appropriator listen to?
    100% new wave. Probably Visage, Fade To Grey.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JaffyJayne View Post
    People are laughing and ridiculing the pairing of Psylocke and Blob and I don’t understand why. Because he’s fat? Are people not allowed to fall for fat people?
    There’s not been a word of dialogue read in this universe yet, so how can anyone judge him on appearance alone?
    Some people are -- they're missing the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    XOXOXOXO

Exsqueeze me? What's wrong with Frederick? He's clearly a welcome step-up from Angel, Cypher, Beast, Thunderbird III, Matsu'o, Jamie, Brian, AoA Sabertooth, and AoX Iceman.

Pyoo, what a roster.
    So her bad choice in men continues....

I just don't like Blob.

Big Bertha should get all the love and happiness she deserves. Blob deserves to die alone.
    Last edited by Crimz; 01-22-2019 at 05:30 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

I can't speak for others. For me, I am just groaning on it because there's few pairings I care for. And they did nothing with two of the three that I did, but have time to throw together stuff like Blob x Psylocke....

One got the perfect closing, The second has been MIA seen since the 2 got together. The last has been dragged out, with writers hinting & teasing, but never solidifying anything. Then it was ignored 17 months, and a subsequent writers brought them back together & did nothing with them, then ended the series with it wide open again. Instead of a proper end like I hoped.

It's the same type of groan when you get AU characters. We have regular characters who could use attention & development without bringing in more to take up space -especially if it's just a variant to an exist character whom you aren't doing much with.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 01-22-2019 at 05:43 PM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I don't like Blob. Also if one girl takes care of herself, her partner should do it too. I don't like pairings of ugly losers that suddenly are the object of desire of good succesful woman. It feels like some weird fantasy. It's not romantic.
    when does the opposite happen? when does a ugly fat girl find and attractive succesful guy?

they also had zero story together that could lead into a romance

It works either way. I just find it funny because it's blob not because he is fat. But then people get judged for being too skinny too so eh.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't like Blob. Also if one girl takes care of herself, her partner should do it too. I don't like pairings of ugly losers that suddenly are the object of desire of good succesful woman. It feels like some weird fantasy. It's not romantic.
    when does the opposite happen? when does a ugly fat girl find and attractive succesful guy?

You haven’t READ any of their story. You don’t know Psylocke is a good successful woman. Unless you somehow work for Marvel and read Age of X-Man before it’s even out?

Frenzy & Cyclops has zero story and they made a good couple in Age of X.

Because through his entire history Blob has been a mostly sociopathic jerk to just about everyone around him? Constantly causing trouble, committing crimes, for no better reason than to hurt normal people?

Not to mention in this case the solicit went out of it's way to make blob look sloppy big in that silhouette . I googled some blob pics today to do the betsyxblob pic and he didn't look that big or sloppy in any of them and was more solid.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Because through his entire history Blob has been a mostly sociopathic jerk to just about everyone around him? Constantly causing trouble, committing crimes, for no better reason than to hurt normal people?
    Kinda sounds like Frenzy.
    And then she got paired with Cyclops in Age of X and the fans ATE. IT. UP.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    Some people are -- they're missing the point.
    Precisely! remember when Betsy and Iceman were a thing in the Age of X and no one batted an eye.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post

Yeah I would like to see it happen too. Usually when a ugly girls gets the hot guy, she has to get a make over and then we discover she is hot all the time. not always, but most of the times.
    Blob is awful, he could be skinny, but he would be awful

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Yeah I would like to see it happen too. Usually when a ugly girls gets the hot guy, she has to get a make over and then we discover she is hot all the time. not always, but most of the times.
    Blob is awful, he could be skinny, but he would be awful
    Yeah. Typical.

The ugly girl has to come up to the hot guy's level.

But the ugly guy can be as sloppy as possibly & still get the girl.

As if to say men have standards & women don't. lol

It is frustrating. Shallow as it is, that's why I hate when my favorite male characters are depicted as ugly. This topic came up in another thread. I disliked an artist who had a fugly style on my favorite, and given the pairing being teased in the book, he had no business being that ugly. lol

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

The only problem with hating the pairing because Blob is fat is that I'm pretty sure Blob's mutant power is what makes him fat. His personality is more troublesome if anything. Also, yeah unfortunately it is some odd stereotype nonetheless. Still, if people like it, they like it.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia